Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do ya think the season 7 finale might be about?

FlareGun45

1 hour ago, BadHorse said:

Right now, you two are practically saying you WANT the show to be less exciting.

I have to defend him here. 

I opined on what I thought the finale would be like up above. I personally neglected to state what I would prefer. 

Yes, I would adore a subdued slice of life season finale. Those are the episodes I like the most (none of the two-parters are in my top 20 episodes). Slice of life episodes are why I fell in love with the show. 

The film comes out after this year's finale, offering a perfect opportunity to have a lower key and intimate character study like The Best Night Ever. You have an epic style adventure story coming out this year, so mix it up like this year's Season Premier. 

So yes, I like the show more when it's less 'exciting'. It's not likely to happen, but I would prefer it over another Big Bad finale. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I highly doubt Starlight is going to be a princess, that was just a Twilight thing, and we had information about that leaked long before it happened. 

My first guess is it's going to be another Chrysalis episode. Second guess is it's going to introduce a new villain (including a G1 one like Grogar). Third guess is it's going to just be a slice of life thing and not anything that big, maybe at most being something with Flurry Heart or Sunburst. Fourth guess is that Garble would be the villain because why not. Final guess is Sombra or Tirek would return. 

On 5/21/2017 at 5:51 PM, MegaSean45 said:

I want a 3-parter finale! :D That would be different, and really cool! That would be a whole long story! But hey, ya could be right! 

Part of my first idea, Starlight running away from princesshood, that could be a good 1-parter slice of life finale! It would make her different from others - not accept her destiny, and would prefer a new one! That would be an interesting moral - that you are in charge of your own destiny, and that nopony can tell you otherwise! 

I want to see them do a three-parter stretched across seasons, but that's probably not going to happen. Anyway, I think it's unlikely they'll do a one part closer because the opener was one part. 

On 5/21/2017 at 6:43 PM, Peter16373 said:

Well since people have been saying the theme of this season is family than I guess it's gonna be about that pony's family heritage from the comic. Since they did say the comics are gonna tie into the season.

Where did they say that? I also think you're probably misinterpreting the quote, as the probably meant the comics would mirror the episodes, not visa versa. 

Edited by Ganondox

While I would like to see a finale that focuses on the adventure aspect of the show, I actually wouldn't mind having a slice-of-life finale since the last one we had was way back in season one. It would definitely catch people by surprise since they expect certain things to happen based on obvious clues but then season seven has been a season where the obvious isn't exactly that.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Celli said:

Ok? What's the problem with wanting a low key finale for once?

I'm frankly tired of the "big scale save the world and the remane 5 and princesses are reduced to useless bait or captive" thanks very much.

The problem I have with it is so far this season has been very low key. I have no problem with a low key finale, it's just that I don't want it for this season. Season's been great so far, just rather laid back. 

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

While I would like to see a finale that focuses on the adventure aspect of the show, I actually wouldn't mind having a slice-of-life finale since the last one we had was way back in season one. It would definitely catch people by surprise since they expect certain things to happen based on obvious clues but then season seven has been a season where the obvious isn't exactly that.

Aside from Twilight turning into an alicorn out of nowhere, Magical Mystery Cure was essentially slice-of-life. Just extraordinarily bad slice of life, especially because they were trying to frame it as something dramatic. The Best Night Ever was actually MORE dramatic because it concluded the one plot arc in Season One. 

If I were to guess, the season finale would be either, 1 a two-parter where it's reveled that Starlight is a descendent of StarSwirl. 2. A solo episode with a cliffhanger at the end that leads us into the Movie., or 3. it's a two-part finale that ends with a cliffhanger and hint of another reimagined G1 Character coming into the fold in an upcoming season (can you say Megan?). But those are my opnions of the season 7 finale could be about.

What do you all think?

On 5/22/2017 at 0:27 AM, MegaSean45 said:

Yeah I agree. It feels too soon for Chrysy to come back. Her coming back this soon would be too expecting.

I do agree. While I do want her to attempt her revenge no sooner than this season finale, I think it'll work even better later. Just picture it, she fails to appear this season, then grab popcorns or whatever in the movie, comes S8, and we are aware that she's out there, but WHEN she'll attack. Premiere? Finale? God

7 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Only S1 and S3 (to an extend) had one of those. I think it would be a nice change to have one of those, but of course  has to be grand in character development, and maybe introducing an arch for S8 

(edited)

Let's not forget that we're getting a ginormous action/adventure story this October.

I don't care either way but a slice of life finale might be a nice change.

Edited by TheGOAT

9 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Aside from Twilight turning into an alicorn out of nowhere, Magical Mystery Cure was essentially slice-of-life. Just extraordinarily bad slice of life, especially because they were trying to frame it as something dramatic. The Best Night Ever was actually MORE dramatic because it concluded the one plot arc in Season One. 

Why do I keep on forgetting Magical Mystery Cure was a slice-of-life story!?

21 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Magical Mystery Cure was essentially slice-of-life

That one takes itself so seriously that I tend not to count it. We haven't had a humorous slice of life finale since season 1, and even allowing "Magical Mystery Cure," that was over three seasons ago. 

15 hours ago, bwrosas said:

where it's reveled that Starlight is a descendent of StarSwirl

I still feel this is unlikely for a show where Twilight (supposedly) became a princess entirely due to her own accomplishments. Magic isn't really explained, but I'm not sure if lineage has that much to do with it. 

11 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Because it's weird and best forgotten. :P

Weird? Definitely because of the whole premise. Forgotten? Most likely not since it changed the dynamic of the show forever.

In order to save Equestria, Mane 6 need to defeat Pony of Shadows in a cooking competition. Celestia and Luna drop out early cause their bland leek soup couldn't compete with the villain's masterfully personalized bouillabaisse. All of a suddenly Starlight saves the day, we get another reformed villain, and all the ponies live happily ever after. There is also a lesson involved. Oh, and the villain is voiced by Gordon Ramsay.
  • Brohoof 1

The IDW comics did say there's a tie-in for Season 7 on Comics 51-53. But so far, none of the first 11 episodes seem to be that way. So my guess is, those three comic books will tie in for the finale (possibly).

• Brohoof 1

I hope the mane 6 don't save Equestria again. We've seen enough of that already, I think it might have something to do with 'pony of shadows', Grogar, or maybe a new villain.

1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

In order to save Equestria, Mane 6 need to defeat Pony of Shadows in a cooking competition. Celestia and Luna drop out early cause their bland leek soup couldn't compete with the villain's masterfully personalized bouillabaisse. All of a suddenly Starlight saves the day, we get another reformed villain, and all the ponies live happily ever after. There is also a lesson involved. Oh, and the villain is voiced by Gordon Ramsay.

Spoiler: Starlight wins by Mind raping the villain into cooking her dishes for her

FRIENDSHIP!  :P

33 minutes ago, Daybreaker said:

I hope the mane 6 don't save Equestria again. We've seen enough of that already

WHAT. the mane six haven't saved equestria since the end of S4-- They had to be saved by the town ponies stopping starlight in the S5 premier, and were cameos in every episode past that (sans twilight). And the mane six didn't do jack from Return of harmony to S4, so its not like they had a massive base of saving the day prior to that (Cadence, Twilight and shining armor were the ones to save the day in Canterlot wedding, Twilight and spike in Crystal empire, it was almost completely following twilight around in the S3 finale)

What we NEED more than anything is FINALLY some mane six saving the day stuff going on.

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Spoiler: Starlight wins by Mind raping the villain into cooking her dishes for her

WHAT. the mane six haven't saved equestria since the end of S4-- They had to be saved by the town ponies stopping starlight in the S5 premier, and were cameos in every episode past that (sans twilight). And the mane six didn't do jack from Return of harmony to S4, so its not like they had a massive base of saving the day prior to that (Cadence, Twilight and shining armor were the ones to save the day in Canterlot wedding, Twilight and spike in Crystal empire, it was almost completely following twilight around in the S3 finale)

What we NEED more than anything is FINALLY some mane six saving the day stuff going on.

I'd rather see the Princesses actually do something for once.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Weird? Definitely because of the whole premise. Forgotten? Most likely not since it changed the dynamic of the show forever.

I just pretend Twilight suddenly got wings out of nowhere. :P

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

The IDW comics did say there's a tie-in for Season 7 on Comics 51-53. But so far, none of the first 11 episodes seem to be that way. So my guess is, those three comic books will tie in for the finale (possibly).

If that's so, then most likely the villain is the ancestor from those comics. 

1 hour ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

You forgot to mention how bad she'll be feeling afterwards and how everypony will gather to cheer up their savior, villain included. Gordon Ramsay will be like: I see so much of myself in you, Starlight Glimmer!

29 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

You forgot to mention how bad she'll be feeling afterwards and how everypony will gather to cheer up their savior, villain included. Gordon Ramsay will be like: I see so much of myself in you, Starlight Glimmer!

Going to be honest, I now actually want to see villainous Gordon Ramsay in the show Screaming at the mane six and throwing Rarity's Eggs benedict across the kitchen.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Going to be honest, I now actually want to see villainous Gordon Ramsay in the show Screaming at the mane six and throwing Rarity's Eggs benedict across the kitchen.

Yeah, he'd be an excellent bad guy for slice-o-life episodes. He doesn't even need to be the problem of the episode, just a presence that makes competitors feel like shit in a comical manner. There are so many things one could use to make intriguing slice episodes, yet our glorious writers tend to pick the most mundane and overused plots.

21 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

I don't know if an episode like this has all that much left to offer without just becoming mindless action fluff. I mean, mindless action fluff can be fun, and is quite clearly exactly what you want from this show, but I'd prefer something more personal, and I'm rather tired of the whole big-threat-to-Equestria formula anyway. So I'm not so sure the show "needs" another mane-six-save-the-day episode, and I'd kinda rather the show go with what would be fresh and fun rather than what checks off boxes. 

55 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I don't know if an episode like this has all that much left to offer without just becoming mindless action fluff. I mean, mindless action fluff can be fun, and is quite clearly exactly what you want from this show, but I'd prefer something more personal, and I'm rather tired of the whole big-threat-to-Equestria formula anyway. So I'm not so sure the show "needs" another mane-six-save-the-day episode, and I'd kinda rather the show go with what would be fresh and fun rather than what checks off boxes. 

Mindless action fluff, eh? What is your major malfunction? There exist some people who happen to like action and adventure, and we like our action and adventure with a slice of intelligent writing on the side. Mind-blowing, I know. Do you honestly think we aren't tired of the casual "MAJOR THREAT" routine that gets resolved in two episodes? And yet you chose to dishonestly portray our interest. Hmm, what should we do about this kerfuffle?

• Brohoof 1

I think it will be like a King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis comeback and they would both team (that would actually be a good ship, :) ) And King Sombra will turn equestria into a dark place while Queen Chrysalis kidnaps the important ponies (again) so there can be nothing done. But some other pony comes to save the day... That is a really good idea :)