Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Talk About Your Pets

GoldenGumdrop

I have 4 cats who, despite occasionally being grade-A twerps, I absolutely love.  The oldest is a 9-year old orange & white tom named Bello that my ex-wife & I adopted from the local animal shelter she volunteered at.  The second oldest is a 5-year old ginger twerp, er, tabby named Samwise who was a kitten my parents found abandoned in a corn-field near their house about a month before my ex & I got married and we took him in.  He's now my best buddy cat & always climbs into my lap, purring, to comfort me when I'm feeling sad, and he's been a big help with me while I've been dealing with my evil harpy of an ex just up & leaving me for a rich old fart (her boss) last year and my finding out just over a month ago that my mom's cancer is terminal and that they put her on hospice care.

The other two cats are 5-month old brother & sister black kitties named Jedediah & Luna, that some prick abandoned near my house.  I found them scared half to death, half-starved & hiding in one of the ventilation holes in the foundation of my house that is behind my hardy ginger patch.  I was able to catch both & bring them into the house to start taming them down & feeding them kitten food & kitten formula.  They're now happy, healthy kitties, although due to having to take them to the vet 3 times in the past 2 months, they are currently rather distrusting of me, but hopefully they'll warm up again.  Anyways, here's some pics of the whole "kit 'n' caboodle" as it were: 

This is a pic of Bello & Jed in the front cat bed in my bay window, with luna on the shelf behind them:

59bb4714d4111_July162017BellowithJedLunaSmall.JPG.9981e695fc36cbb08cc9528bd2ae1ba7.JPG

And here's Samwise on top of the cat tree next to the half-wall between the kitchen & living room, with Jed & Luna lower down:

59bb47a465c3a_July162017SamwisewithJedLunaSMALL.JPG.fea87c333bf6bd3b093704ce6aefabf0.JPG

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

I got a pet cat named Storm (yes, after the X-Men character). She is a very old black Tabby, and she mostly seems to only want food out of me. Oh, and she always walks in our way and makes us all almost trip over her or accidentally step on her tail. Cats are fun, aren't they!

Spoiler

5a82bb0bdbacc_Storm2.thumb.jpg.cafc88a872f7a9b14c7f2cc42a416667.jpg

5a82bb30033ec_Storm3.thumb.jpg.13165079b3d97da4b00744e0c475fef1.jpg

5a82bb32209ad_Storm4.jpg.fa714afd99bf664b13ebefc069486aa7.jpg

5a82bb369a21b_StormandI.thumb.jpg.7ade78daaed11983489290f73332c8aa.jpg

5a82bb45af305_StormandTwilightSparkle.thumb.jpg.0973c50aa99858becb21726966e3870d.jpg

Storm.thumb.jpg.bf54101acf2cecc2be687bdfbbf92c4c.jpg

Despite how annoying she can be, I wouldn't trade our cat for anything in the world, and its actually a little sad for me realizing how old she has become. :(

• Brohoof 1

I has two pets, cat and dog~

First one I got was the cat, Izzy, female, she is about 8 months old, not sure what breed she is but all i know is that she is spoiled and only likes water that is cold xD oh and she likes to get into bags and boxes so here is picture of her in my Taco Bell bag xD

26904778_1540878809341751_14062407388584

Next is dog, Mac, male, he is just over a year old, I know that he is an Akita breed, he has alot of energy for a puppy ^-^ love playing with him~ like calling him Mac Daddy xD

thumbnail_20171129_212555__3__by_djspace

• Brohoof 1

I have two cats! One is a ginger bengal cross that I've had since he was a kitten, he's 7 now. My other cat is a stray I rescued. Not sure how old he is. The vet thinks he's probably a Norwegian forest hair cat, or at least mixed with one. He's pretty fluffy anyway.

My family only has the one dog left now. We used to have three of them but one passed away in 2013 as a result of having incurable cancerous growths including one that was attached to his liver, and the other passed away last year from a brain seizure that he couldn't recover from. Our remaining dog will be twelve this year so he'll only be with us for a few more years and I'm not looking forward to the day when he too will leave us. I have nightmares about this and they torment me every single night.

On another note, we do have a large assortment of fish though they are mostly the children and grandchildren of two fish who were the only survivors when the original fish my dad had all died when the fish tank they were in suffered a breach.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

i had a Husky but that's a long complicated story i found her as a 5 month old wondering around and called the number on her collar the owners said i can have her cause she's too much work for them (something inexperienced husky owners fall into) but about 18 months later they said they wanted her back and would call the cops if i didn't being an 18 year old living on my own i didn't know about the law stating she's mine if she's lived with me most her life and gave her back 

then a years later i was heart broken when some one sent me a link to the dog shelter saying "isn't that your dog" and she was listed as adopted 

the owners had given up on her again and didn't even bother to ask if i wanted her back the dogs home agreed it was my dog but there was nothing they could do i even offered to pay the new owners $10k to get her back but the dogs home wouldn't forward my offer 

when the times right i'm planning to get a Tamaskan 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

We adopted a (2 month old) kitten a little less than two weeks ago :P . She's missing an eye (she had an eye infection), also she darts a lot like a bullet randomly :wacko: . She claws at a lot of stuff too :o , unfortunately that includes fingers :adorkable: .

I used to have 3 doggies and 2 guinea pigs, but due to unfortunate circumstances they are no longer living with me.

Ringo was a mini daschund.

Ellie was a daschund/pitt.

Reno was a pitt/chihuahua.

They were all characters and love them tremendously.

My dad has five dogs (one was given to him, one is actually a stray, and the other three are their children). They're a bunch of rascals who chase each other around and bark at everything.  The dog my dad initially got is a Catahoula, the stray that came by is a Black-Mouthed Cur. Their children (obviously) are a cross.

I used to have a few pet rats (they were nice and totally adorable, aside from the one that attacked everything remotely close by),  There was a really goofy stray cat where I used to live that would come to our house, my grandma has a dog (she used to live here but moved out. Dog was very friendly, and even knew when you wanted to be left alone like a sixth sense), and my uncle had a big fuzzy black cat that lived here (Grandma took him also, he ran off within the first week after she moved. He's probably dead now).