Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Talk About Your Pets

GoldenGumdrop

I'm a huge animal lover so this could be a book in itself lol but I currently have four dogs: Mija a Chihuahua, Sango a Japanese Chin, London a Golden Retriever, and Misty a Peke/Japanese Chin mix. In the future I'd love to have a Saint Bernard. Three of my dogs are senior dogs

• Brohoof 3

I had a big black lab named Danny. My family adopted him after finding him abandoned in a ditch near our house. We had him for twelve years until he passed away a little over a year ago. I don't know if I could handle having another pet. I love animals but I don't think any pet could follow Danny. :twi: 

• Brohoof 2

My Pekingese dog Vanilla actually got stolen recently :(, but that aside, I´ve had two pekingeses, one cat, and several birds, fish, and even a chick, so totally animal lover over here, I get why you did this topic. I will love to have a Pug tho, they are ADORABLE :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I had a border collie up until last year, when while I was at work she got out and my neighbors chased her into the street and she was run over. :( Right now I just cannot bear to get another dog.

I also have my cat Aya who is really good at keeping me on my toes. She is also the boss of the house.

• Brohoof 2

This is my cat Carly. She's 7 and my family adopted her when she was about 8 months old. It was hard going away to college last year and not having her around. Unless you try to bathe her, put her in a pet carrier, or hold her for too long, she's so incredibly sweet. Sure, she is a troublemaker given the shenanigans she has gotten into with everyone's back turned :P But she's the first pet I have ever developed a strong bond with. I love this kitty to death.

IMG_20170601_140707_1.thumb.jpg.c1c3d6e6050d22f18ae2cb4aab700905.jpg

Apart from Carly, I've had:

Plenty of fish; too many to count!

A cockateil parrot named Sidney that suddenly died when I was in 5th grade.

A cat named Peanut that my parents gave away when I was about 6 because he didn't get along with my baby brother at all...

• Brohoof 3

Currently I have a Golden Retriever female named Kiara.

IMG_20170315_154302937.thumb.jpg.a15cf1682ca942a987cde10e061e5549.jpg

We've had her ever since she was only a few weeks old and now she just recently turned 10! She's incredibly sweet and loving. Really calm as well: rarely ever barks or misbehaves. A few years ago she gave birth to a pack of eight puppers, all healthy and taken good care of! She's also rather small in size compared to other Retrievers her age.

Here's when I put a towel over her head and she loved it:

IMG_20170426_205221292.thumb.jpg.fca06e954077a6b07b340f9dab650e4c.jpg

I just adore her with all my heart. :wub:

• Brohoof 6

I have a black domestic longhair cat named Bagheera. He's named after the black panther from The Jungle Book. 

We rescued him when he was a kitten, he was eight-weeks old when we brought him in and, when we got him to the vet, he only weighed 2.8 pounds and was very sick (he had severe worms and an upper-respiratory infection). We nursed him back to health and now he's our dedicated little kitty :3

This is what he looked like when we brought him in

This is what he looks like now.

• Brohoof 2

Firstly, I have a pitbull named Lucy and she is lovely. She is super social and loves seeing new people and she is also a powerhouse, a powerhouse of hugs. :P

After that, I have 4 zebra finches, 3 male and 1 female. They are very nice too. I hear their meeps all day and that is a joy. :3

I did have another dog for 11 years who was a beagle terrier mix, he died last year. Still pains me thinking of him.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I have a rabbit,7 rats, a turtle and a bearded dragon. The first pictures is my bearded Spike I had him since he was a hatchling. I named him after the hero of Cowboy Bebop. And I bet a lot of you were thinking I named him after the MLP Spike. The second set of pictures are of my rat Marble and her babies. Now I know the first one looks alittle dirty but this was taken after she had her babies and I made sure it was chock full of nesting materials. When I bought her I had no clue she was pregnant but I still took care of her and her kittens. And yes rat babies are called kittens. Also I did not keep all of them of course the ones I gave away found really good homes but here they are as babies on my sweater. The ones I kept names are Sly Rolly and Romeo (males) and the females names are Oreo,Marble,Raindrop and Paranormal. I would have pictures of them as adults but they are so rambunctious it is kinda hard to.

1469228119901.jpg

1469228119815.jpg

IMG_20161003_203059.jpg

1475850130291.jpg

IMG_20161005_005855.jpg

Edited by PrincessOfCompassion
  • Brohoof 3

Tfw you're in the 1% that doesn't have any pets feelsbad

(edited)

I have 2 dogs: a Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Sailor Boy and a Nova Scotia named Joe.

No pictures atm tho

Edited by Guest

I have two dogs. Even though they're adults, I always refer to them as "the puppies". :P 

One of them is a Rhodesian Ridgeback and she loves to chase squirrels. During one of my college breaks, my family randomly went to the animal shelter (it is nearly impossible to leave that place empty-handed!) and there she was, sitting pretty and calmly watching us. The moment I saw her, there was an instant connection. She was underweight, so we had to nurse her back to health and she quickly regained her energy. Whenever I feel down, she comes over and puts her head in my lap. She is one of the most docile dogs I've ever met and would be a great therapy companion. 

The other dog is a small poodle mix that a family friend found wandering around a residential area. He is completely attached to my mother and follows her everywhere. The little guy is pretty old, yet he's still quite spry. He is losing his vision and hearing, though, so we have to be extra careful not to spook him. :/ 

• Brohoof 4

3 minutes ago, Lady Kiriness said:

I have two dogs. Even though they're adults, I always refer to them as "the puppies". :P 

One of them is a Rhodesian Ridgeback and she loves to chase squirrels. During one of my college breaks, my family randomly went to the animal shelter (it is nearly impossible to leave that place empty-handed!) and there she was, sitting pretty and calmly watching us. The moment I saw her, there was an instant connection. She was underweight, so we had to nurse her back to health and she quickly regained her energy. Whenever I feel down, she comes over and puts her head in my lap. She is one of the most docile dogs I've ever met and would be a great therapy companion. 

The other dog is a small poodle mix that a family friend found wandering around a residential area. He is completely attached to my mother and follows her everywhere. The little guy is pretty old, yet he's still quite spry. He is losing his vision and hearing, though, so we have to be extra careful not to spook him. :/ 

Aw, mine are all adults to, but I refer to them as the puppies as well. I call all dogs puppies and cats kitties no matter what their age. I have senior dogs to. My Golden Retriever is 12 and my Chihuahua is ten. They still act like little puppies, especially with thunder and fireworks!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Our Pets:

A Shih tzu named Rihanna (I called her Riri), Had her since 2010

A Pitbull named Karma, Had her since 2014, I really love this Puppy to Death!

Spoiler for Image:

Spoiler

et3KUiw.jpg

M0iqXzx.jpg

My Brother's birds:

He had a Green Parakeet named Max, Sadly died a week Later. :(

He had a Blue Parakeet named Olive

And Finally, He had a gray Parakeet named Alex, We got him after Max died.

Edited by Zachary
  • Brohoof 2

I have 2 dogs and a cat! actually they belong to my parents, but shhhh.

Juno is the cat. Sweet as can be. Very motherly towards our two dogs. Loves to follow me around the house. She's about 3 or 4 I think haha.IMG_8899.thumb.JPG.9645c89bf20fbe6976d88db4e905575c.JPG

be prepared to die from cuteness. Radar is a chigi, a chihuahua/corgi mix. And Maisy is a pure bred yorkie. Radar is the cutest little thing with his tiny little legs! Loves to give kisses, but is also a bit temperamental if you touch his paws or bother him when he's tired. Maisy is so dang spoiled. Runs around with a plush pink heart in her mouth. Sometimes with a bone in there as well haha. It's her baby bone. Both loved belly rubs and snuggles ! :P

IMG_0340.thumb.JPG.c8b425e2c4b78639e3da7888210cdfeb.JPG

• Brohoof 2

I have only one cat named Suki, We adopted her when she was a year old from a shelter in Philadelphia(currently live in Ontario Canada, she's officially a north American kitty!) she's currently 9 years old.  I love her very much, she's kinda like a therapy cat for me.  In the past, I've been suicidal, this one time I was in the bath tub sobbing while writing a suicide note but she comes in the bathroom and starts laying all over me purring until I calmed down.  I love her very much, the spoiled fat cat lol.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In my hometown ,

We've got a Shi tzu named dick (My sister named him , He liked to hump things) 

and A mutt we found off the streets.... her name's Noella...she has babies now o3o 

In my Condominium...We have none....but I really want one...

I'm considering getting a green-cheeked conure, 

From what I've seen in Jaidenanimation's videos ...It seems like a really cute pet to have...

though I'm still worried about it making too much noise and upsetting the neighbors...

Edited by Coffee
  • Brohoof 1

For pets that are mine specifically, I have one - a French bulldog. My apartment didn't allow English bulldogs which my family has had and loved for nearly a decade. I was getting lonely missing having any dogs, so my parents got me a French bulldog. More specifically she came from a household that had a number of dogs and couldn't give her the attention she felt she would needed.

I love her. She's so silly, and her feet/paws are sooo tiny! It's so nice because when she jumps on me it doesn't hurt at all. She's too small to hurt me by jumping! lol

Otherwise, well, I had a cockatiel back home, but I just learned that he passed away. In the end he was a grouchy bird who squawked when he was uncovered. I guess he didn't much like light there in the end. But that's okay. In a way I could relate to him. Lol. I got him when I was 11 and he had been born maybe a year and a half or so earlier, so he was around 19 to 20 years old. I will miss him those times when I go back home and he isn't there. I'm sad I couldn't be there for him in the end.

My parents have a few English bulldogs, I love them to pieces, and miss them everyday.

• Brohoof 2

I've got three cats now. Noe underneath my table as I type. His name is Cake. He is loud. He loves to talk. He brings up laundry from the basement, through the living room, up the stairs, down the hallway and to my door. Yowling and caterwauling the whole way. He is always happy to see me when I come home. Talks up a storm. He also loves having the base of his tail tapped. Has a total love fest when I do that. Loves to cuddle. 

Then there's Koshka, our youngest. Big girl. Likes to chirp. Loves to have her ears scratched. Only one with her claws still in.

And finally there's Menace. Our biggest. Built like a fire plug.  Very squeaky cat.  Very silky smooth coat. Always looks wide eyed at everything, like she's so shocked. Or maybe stoned. 

Through out the years we've had others come and go. Four cats and one dog. Einstein, our oldest. With my family as far back as I can remember. The smart one. Comet, my loyal affectionate rag doll with a habit of drooling when he's happy. Munchkin, our black cat with a habit of  kneading a persons entire body when they sit down. J.C. whom I just lost last week. My first cat just for me. The long raccoon who loves to head butt people. And Bubby, our Rottweiler/ German Sheppard mix. One ear up. One ear down. Big paws. Loved to jump up and down. Our guard dog for 14 years. 

I've had an amazing family. 

• Brohoof 1

Okie dokie time for pictures! This first one is of my 10-year-old Chihuahua: Mija

Image09062016164837.thumb.jpg.ff7adbf385abb3f5d03ac20c7773c8c2.jpg

This is Sango my Japanese Chin, 3 yrs:

009.thumb.jpg.c3720eb2c2f2d4d4ce451396db6f49b5.jpg

This is London, our Golden Retriever, who is 12

20161031_171655.thumb.jpg.a81bafcae1cf52b2cdf8628f81e1fe1a.jpg

Last, but not least. our Japanese Chin/Peke mix, Misty who is 6 yrs:

Image09022016165253.thumb.jpg.081f8870410c6757448145a1d3f6fb9c.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I have an extremely adorable cat named Elaeis. He sleeps a lot on my bud, that's why there's a lot of fur on my bed, :adorkable: He also meows for food every hour, even though his food bowl is full. He might my a greedy cart, but he's still a cute one!

IMG_0591.thumb.jpg.89c10f67219c5d07a95c9291b7383f5e.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Currently my family has 2 dogs, We have a German Shorthair Pointer and an Australian Shepard mix of some kind. Both are quite the characters and have their own dog quirks on could say. We adopted one from a family friend and another we got because my dad's grandfather had one (a GSP) growing up. 

• Brohoof 2

So currently I only have 1 cat (not personally as its living with my parents at my old house) but originally had 3. Unfortunately the two others died in only the last 2 years which was really coincidental. Especially of unexpected causes.

Currently the cat living with my parents is a female black long hair named "Rudy". She's 13 years old but still surprisingly active and playful. I think its because she's only ever been an indoor cat that she sees people everyday and got really used to the constant business and interaction. This also kinda gave her a bad case of "separation anxiety" and gets really scared to the point of throwing up when my parents would leave for only a few days on vacations. She didnt NEED to interact with people, only that she just needed to know others were near by. We adopted her as a new born kitten so she shouldnt have ever developed an abandonment issue like that so not sure why. In any case she's a real sweetie and loves people but has a habit of constantly begging for attention with loud meows and nipping at elbows and noses when you're sitting or laying down. She will scratch at your door at 5 in the morning when its ready for you to feed her.

Zdp2Q4C.jpg

My two others cats that passed away both lived with use since they were kittens so none were adopted after 4 months or so. The sister to Rudy was "Brody" a fatty long hair turtle shell. She didnt have much of a personality outside of being terrified and jumping on laps of specific people. She was the most attached to me from I think 1 year and on. She would beg at my door to come in and jump on my lap whenever I was home whether sitting down or laying in my bed. Im not sure why she got attached espeically after that long but it could be something about males since she suddenly developed the same habits with my father when I left for college. She was terrified of everything including her own farts and food. She was super passive and always avoided her sisters even when it was meal time insisting to wait for them to finish before she would do so alone. She liked any kinds of pets from me even stomach rubs which she mostly just tolerated. She sadly developed an enlarged liver a year and a half ago after taking her up for a dental problem and had x-rays done which eventually she passed away from.

VzcWCZp.jpg

The last of the cats we had was adopted I think only 2 years after the first pair we had so she's not related to the others in any way but my family just calls them all sisters. She was going to be given to along with her mother and siblings to an animal shelter by my sister's friend but my sister wanted to keep one of them so bad she basically convinced my mom to allow her to adopt one of the kittens. We went through a bunch of names with her but my mom decided out of a joke to just call her "no name" and thats basically what she was called. From day one she was super feisty and not at all a timid or passive cat. She loved her claws and teeth and used them often on her sisters and us. She wasnt mean per say but more wanted attention on "her time". If you wanted to give her attention and she wasnt interested she immediately grabbed your hand and bit the crap outta it. She was the only cat not scared of new people or the door bell ringing while the other two would leg it to whatever closet they could find. She also had a weird habit of wanting to see what you were eating. When you went to the table with human food she would jump up and smell it. She never wanted any and would become disinterested in food given to her but just had to know what you were eating. She eventually developed a bloody lump on her stomach that become enlarged and when taken up they found she had fatty tumor so bad there wasnt any likelihood she would survive especially at her age of 11. She was a fighter and proved to be one but my mom never wanted to put another cat through surgery or chemo again after a previous cat suffered so she said as soon as no name became obviously in pain she would be put down.

Hy67ejn.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I have a pony. Well technically she is smaller than a pony...

She shows and has won all sorts of ribbons. 

Her best attribute besides being cute, is that she can make people very happy. 

Some day I want to have her trained to be able to go into the hospitals and cheer up those who have illnesses that prevent them from going anywhere.

marybraidforlock.jpg

• Brohoof 1