Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Anti-hero?

ManaMinori

(edited)

So some of us know that G1 was pretty hardcore. Its pilot had ponies being kidnapped by dragons, turning into dragons, Tirek threatening to bring eternal night until Celestial blasted him to the moon....g1.5 was decent, g3 and g3.5 were cute and colorful, and g4 inherited much from g1. But one thing they have in common is the predictable "good girl group" that saves the day time and again. DHX has always been one to flip status quo in its head, so if this studio takes the reigns if there's ever a new generation, do you think it would work to have an anti-hero pony who isn't really 100% good or bad leading the charge, much like Scorpan of g1, or Shadow the Hedgehog, from the Sonic franchise?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

I wouldn't mind that. But I think they could make use of an existing character instead. Maybe somebody like Gilda or even Starlight Glimmer. Starlight's transition into a good guy was a tad rushed, in my opinion. I suppose Discord could count as an anti-hero sometimes because his heart is often in the right place but he can still be brazenly selfish from time to time.

I would also like more G1 elements. It's one of the best MLP generations!

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Tiny Hoofs said:

I wouldn't mind that. But I think they could make use of an existing character instead. Maybe somebody like Gilda or even Starlight Glimmer. Starlight's transition into a good guy was a tad rushed, in my opinion. I suppose Discord could count as an anti-hero sometimes because his heart is often in the right place but he can still be brazenly selfish from time to time.

I would also like more G1 elements. It's one of the best MLP generations!

I was talking about a brand new generation entirely. Using Starlight or Gilda wouldn't really do that, since their arcs are being completed in g4.

15 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

So some of us know that G1 was pretty hardcore. Its pilot had ponies being kidnapped by dragons, turning into dragons, Tirek threatening to bring eternal night until Celestial blasted him to the moon....g1.5 was decent, g3 and g3.5 were cute and colorful, and g4 inherited much from g1. But one thing they have in common is the predictable "good girl group" that saves the day time and again. DHX has always been one to flip status quo in its head, so if this studio takes the reigns if there's ever a new generation, do you think it would work to have an anti-hero pony who isn't really 100% good or bad leading the charge, much like Scorpan of g1, or Shadow the Hedgehog, from the Sonic franchise?

No. Show is designed specifically as a morality series and vehicle for merchandise for children. Grey area morality and the above are incongruent. Not only should it not happen, but I've never been more certain about something not happening than this. 

And before you go and start cherry picking Disney or something to build you case, Disney ain't Hasbro. Hasbro fears my sister and sister-in-laws, more than they want to please you. 

18 hours ago, Blue Diamond said:

No. Show is designed specifically as a morality series and vehicle for merchandise for children. Grey area morality and the above are incongruent. Not only should it not happen, but I've never been more certain about something not happening than this. 

And before you go and start cherry picking Disney or something to build you case, Disney ain't Hasbro. Hasbro fears my sister and sister-in-laws, more than they want to please you. 

News flash: They already did two with Discord and Trixie. It has nothing to do with the target audience.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think they'll go so out of the way to make a traditional anti-hero. Maybe the new character will have some traits, but I doubt it'll be a complete anti-hero