Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Episode 300

heavens-champion

6 minutes ago, meme said:

I hope not. As much as I love MLP, 300 is too many. It would likely be very low quality by then.

thats what they said about this season too and i think the perfect pear is the best episode this series has seen so far

Just now, ooBrony said:

thats what they said about this season too and i think the perfect pear is the best episode this series has seen so far

We're nowhere near 300. People said that about this season because season 6 was pretty below average. Also, one episode doesn't make the season great. I do like this season so far but one good episode doesn't determine how good it is.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, meme said:

We're nowhere near 300. People said that about this season because season 6 was pretty below average. Also, one episode doesn't make the season great. I do like this season so far but one good episode doesn't determine how good it is.

Well I think that rating the seasons quality is pretty subjective as for what one is looking from the show and what they are wanting to see are kinda playing a role for them on how they will feel about the season as a whole. so for some people one good episode can make  a whole season good  for some people not it depends on the point of view.

I think that the show has moved forward and progressed and if the writers are willing to continue that and move forward i dont think that the show will decline in quality Because i  think that as long as you are moving the show forward it will stay interesting as I believe that the setting and the world that the show is built  on  holds much more potential than they have explored so far and if they are willing to go further i dont think  the potential will die out anytime soon.

Just now, ooBrony said:

Well I think that rating the seasons quality is pretty subjective as for what one is looking from the show and what they are wanting to see are kinda playing a role for them on how they will feel about the season as a whole. so for some people one good episode can make  a whole season good  for some people not it depends on the point of view.

I think that the show has moved forward and progressed and if the writers are willing to continue that and move forward i dont think that the show will decline in quality Because i  think that as long as you are moving the show forward it will stay interesting as I believe that the setting and the world that the show is built  on  holds much more potential than they have explored so far and if they are willing to go further i dont think  the potential will die out anytime soon.

Look at almost any show that went on too long. Especially with one continuous cast. They're not as good as they used to be. The only show I can think of that has managed to get around this is Doctor Who, mostly because they can always re-cast their main characters and explore an infinite universe at any point in time. (almost like it was designed to go on forever...)

Hell no. Ponies will go REALLY stale by then. I think season 9, 10 AT MOST is OK to go. It may be possible to make a spinoff, but the Mane6 have to turn their main character status

Assuming Season 3 ends up being the only season that doesn't have 26 episodes, it would take a staggering 11 seasons to reach episode #300. That might be too long. As much as I adore FiM, I can't see it lasting till 2021, which is the year after I graduate from college (I'll be a sophomore this fall). I don't want this series to turn into SpongeBob Squarepants or (God forbid) The Fairly OddParents, which miraculously haven't been canceled yet after 10 seasons. 200 episodes sounds more realistic, which would take FiM 9 seasons at its current rate, but even 9 seasons sounds like a lot.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, meme said:

But what makes a good episode is dependent on the individual. Personally I have loved every s7 episode so far. Hell even Honest Apple wasn't that bad! Also now that we know their will be a season eight I want a season nine. That way we can get our 200th episode.

Still a lot of scope to explore - the CMC for example; now they have their cutie marks, they need to find how what they actually MEAN, because I doubt they are destined to be the "help foals find cutie marks" crew forever. Flurry Heart can of course grow up (well, maybe. I think it's interesting that the CMC don't seem to grow physically, even if "forever filly" shows they have grown as individuals) and one or more of the core group could get married and have foals themselves. Then there are the lands outside of the pony areas that we have barely touched (ok, so we will be seeing seaponies soon, but where do zebras or minotaurs come from? do Griffons have a homeland of their own?), other dimensions (not just EqG, but wherever it is discord comes from, assuming that isn't just the inside of his own head) and so forth.

They probably won't make it. Just 8 seasons is fine enough, as long as there's a Pinkie/CMC episode in that season, ones like a circus themed episode, or a Filly Guides one.

4 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Still a lot of scope to explore - the CMC for example; now they have their cutie marks, they need to find how what they actually MEAN, because I doubt they are destined to be the "help foals find cutie marks" crew forever. Flurry Heart can of course grow up (well, maybe. I think it's interesting that the CMC don't seem to grow physically, even if "forever filly" shows they have grown as individuals) and one or more of the core group could get married and have foals themselves. Then there are the lands outside of the pony areas that we have barely touched (ok, so we will be seeing seaponies soon, but where do zebras or minotaurs come from? do Griffons have a homeland of their own?), other dimensions (not just EqG, but wherever it is discord comes from, assuming that isn't just the inside of his own head) and so forth.

You forgot Starlight :dash: . Still, I think only she and the cuties are the only ones who can hold FiM now that the Mane 6 are seemingly wrapping-up their lives. The rest, like an older McFlurry, and lands beyond, can be saved for a spin-off show or something, which is overall a more sensible move than dragging FiM until everyone hates it  

2 hours ago, Red Cedar said:

300 might be too much to ask for, but I'm hoping they at least make it to 200.

We have to wait next year IF they announce the ninth season. It'll reach the second hundredth episode by the fifth episode of the season

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

We'll see. I just want good and interesting episodes. If they can make it interesting and fun to watch episodes, fine. Go for it! ;)

It can, but the likeliness of that happening by the 300th episode is next to none if most other shows can tell :huh: 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Prospekt said:

it would take a staggering 11 seasons to reach episode #300.

Umm, where did you get 11 seasons? If they did 26 episodes with season 9 onward (Season 8 has already announced 26 I believe) They would have to do 12 full seasons to get 300. That would leave them at 299 plus the movie so you could argue 300. Unless I am just failing my math horribly right now.

And who knows what they will do? As long as the show is fun and enjoyable I don't worry whether they go to episode 200 or 1000. I don't doom and gloom over it or try to predict whether it will go stale or what not. What I DON'T want them to do, is end it in some attempt to hurry out a G5 that is some sort of TTG or PPG like reboot that is just god awful, which is a very real possibility since those types of shows seem to do pretty well and I am sure there is someone in their marketing department pitching the idea hard as the next big move. I would imagine as long as the product line is profitable and the show does well it will continue. However, with ratings still being something a lot of people (consumer and industry alike) use to declare whether something is doing well or not, and the way people actually are watching the show currently, they may have screwed themselves as far as television ratings go and overall profitability. They really should have done a better job controlling those early releases in foreign markets, and I suspect it will bite them in the ass. After this season wraps up we will have a long list of threads saying how bad the season did probably and pulling up ratings graphs as proof, which just as the last couple of seasons does not tell the full story. Time will tell, but I don't see 300 happening.

5 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Still a lot of scope to explore - the CMC for example; now they have their cutie marks, they need to find how what they actually MEAN, because I doubt they are destined to be the "help foals find cutie marks" crew forever.

Or Pinkie Pie telling the CMCs the story of when she threw her first cute ceañera ever, that's a third plausible option for Pinkie/CMCs other than circus shows or Filly Guides meetings.

On 6/27/2017 at 6:03 PM, GrimGrimoire said:

Umm, where did you get 11 seasons? If they did 26 episodes with season 9 onward (Season 8 has already announced 26 I believe) They would have to do 12 full seasons to get 300. That would leave them at 299 plus the movie so you could argue 300. Unless I am just failing my math horribly right now.

You are right. If they continue with 26 episodes per season, Season 13 episode 1 will be episode 300. Season 9 Episode 5 will be 200. If season 3 had 26 episodes instead of 13, then episode 300 would have fallen into season 11.