Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So I plan to watch this in theaters but am concerned about something.

Azureth

Now I am sure the movie itself will be great, but I do worry that when I see it it'll be me surrounded by young girls. Not that I would do anything, but nevertheless as a 31 year old man I know I would feel extremely awkward if I am one of the few adult men there surrounded by little girls or parents with them. To compound the issue I live in a very conservative small area. Do you think my fears are justified? 

• Brohoof 2

Go in a group! Unfortunately I live too far away - otherwise, I'd happily invite you.

If you can't find a group up, just wear a Trump hat and a Clint Eastwood shirt and you'll be fine.

• Brohoof 3

26 minutes ago, Burny said:

With a group at the evening shold be more comfortable. And if i can't find a group, i simply wait until the Blu ray comes out.

No - we cannot have this! We need to make group ups and join-ins.

Bronies and Pegasisters UNITE!

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Mirage77 said:

Sounds good. I may see if my local bronies are planning anything; I WAS going to just wait for the DVD to be released but....hmmm.

(edited)

If my best friend wasn't a self-identified pegasister, I would probably not see the movie in a theater. Too awkward. -_- Besides, maybe going with an adult female instead of another guy would keep little girls and their parents from staring so much. So my circumstances aren't dire.

As for the OP, if you do go alone, you need to either grin and bear it or pretend you're seeing it because you are a very protective father who needs to "examine" the movie before you let your daughter watch it. It doesn't matter whether or not you actually have a daughter. It's all just an act. ;)

Edited by Prospekt

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Mirage77 said:

Too bad i life in germany. :huh:

Ps: If someone aks me why you go to a movie for little girls, i just use the excuse he lost a bet. =D

Edited by Burny
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Silver Note said:

I feel like there will be tons of bronies watching. If you're nervous, you could wait to watch at home... but it's better to go out and face your fears! :fluttershy:

Its not really a fear thing - I don't care what people think of me if I am doing something I want to do. However, I DO care that I would be making the parents of young girls (who I imagine would be most of the audience) uncomfortable, and that I wouldn't have anyone to share the experience with - which is most of the benefit of going to a cinema instead of watching at home.

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Its not really a fear thing - I don't care what people think of me if I am doing something I want to do. However, I DO care that I would be making the parents of young girls (who I imagine would be most of the audience) uncomfortable, and that I wouldn't have anyone to share the experience with - which is most of the benefit of going to a cinema instead of watching at home.

Yeah, makes sense. Well, if it makes them uncomfortable, that's their problem, I guess. Nothing we can do about it. 

It doesn't matter what other people think. If they want to get some stupid idea that you are there for devious reasons, they can piss off. You are going to see a movie for a show that you like. The only thing that matters, is that. Nobody would have cared if you went to see Despicable Me 3 or something like that, it is only the societal stigma that makes people think stupid shit such as finding a man seeing this movie to be weird.

You should go and enjoy the film. Don't let stereotypes stop you from enjoying something like a movie. If anyone wants to say anything to me about seeing it, then I will have a simple hand gesture to give them.

• Brohoof 2

Meh. I must admit I cheated with Kung Fu Panda 3 - took a (long long ex) g/f and her young daughter; didn't work out well though as said young daughter was really too young to enjoy it, so had a tantrum at having to sit and watch cartoons while there was an entire mall of sweets and toys out there - and we had to leave.

Pegasister date would work better though - even if it didn't work out and it was a first AND last date, we would still get to see the movie at least :D

See if you can find fans of gen 1. I'm actually taking a co-worker who grew up with MLP and Care Bears and after I showed her the trailer she was interested to see how this movie compares to the original. Old fans might be interested.

Well, I think you should just go! YOu'd be suprised, but many non-brony parents (even ones who's children don't watch the show) know about the community. Just be polite and DO NOT use inappropriate language. Just don't. No fingers. Parents shouldn't mind you as long as you look like a normal adult human being. So leave the cos-play at home. And the rainbow dash dolls. Look like a normal adult human being, and treat the kids who come to see it like people too. Please DO NOT SWEAR! I will tell you again, unless it is for certain not ONE CHILD is there DO NOT SWEAR OR CUSS OR MAKE A FUSS. Please. You will just embarrass the community if you teach 5 year olds the F-bomb. :unamused:

• Brohoof 1

Also, it'll be dark in there. I'm pretty sure no one will stare at you. Heck, some might think your "family" is still out getting the snacks or something. You'll be fine.

Nobody can't tell me what I can enjoy or not and if they don't like it, then something's wrong with them. Just be normal, enjoy the movie and forget them because you came there for the Movie not for any other nonsense.