Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What's your favorite type of music?

The Equestrian Brony

5 hours ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

I feel sad. No one likes classic country or bluegrass lol. I guess me and my grandpa are the only ones lol

I like some bluegrass. I barely know the genre at all, but I've liked the Bill Monroe I've heard in music classes. lol.

I despise country music with every fiber of my being. Lol. But bluegrass, bluegrass is alright. It's so much more lively and seems to avoid anything and everything that I find so irritating about country music.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Envy said:

I like some bluegrass. I barely know the genre at all, but I've liked the Bill Monroe I've heard in music classes. lol.

I despise country music with every fiber of my being. Lol. But bluegrass, bluegrass is alright. It's so much more lively and seems to avoid anything and everything that I find so irritating about country music.

Is it new country you hate or old? If it's new then I see your reasoning, it has no passion. Older country has passion. But newer country music is terrible. 

If I have to choose a type of music, I would choose Metal. Is the music genre I use to listen. But I also listen other types of music, like Rock, Folk, J-Pop, Pop-Punk...

This are some examples of what I use to listen:

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

Metal. Without a doubt. Metallica is probably my favorite band, they're just incredible, and one of the Big Four that started the Trash subgenre. Anyone who's a fan of thrash cannot tell me they don't enjoy greats like Master of Puppets.

I also like ACDC, Guns n' Rose, Rush, and there are a lot more.

• Brohoof 3

15 hours ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

Is it new country you hate or old? If it's new then I see your reasoning, it has no passion. Older country has passion. But newer country music is terrible. 

I don't really even know the distinction between old country and new country. All I know is all of the country I've heard I can't stand.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Envy said:

I don't really even know the distinction between old country and new country. All I know is all of the country I've heard I can't stand.

Oh. Well I'll tell you the difference. You see there is old country like Johnny Cash and George Jones and other singers who have since mostly passed on. Newer singers like Florida Georgia Line and such who encourage drinking and talking about nasty things are just horrible. Older singers have passion to them and they don't encourage being terrible human beings. Have you ever heard of Earnest Tubb? He's a good old country singer from the 40's who I like a lot. Hank Williams Sr is a good one too. I'm not sure if you've heard of them but they did sing some good stuff. I'm a huge older country fan.