movies/tv Sony Pictures plans to release Meme Movie

ManaMinori

So....yeah, this is a thing, apparently.  Are we REALLY that desperate to be entertained, that we need...this?

tumblr_ou2j8xzDIS1v4qe09o1_540.jpg

Its apparently a hoax, but can we really say for certain that Sony won't be inspired by this, if they were willing to make an emoji movie?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 2

I hope they do it. I hope they make a meme movie. I hope it fails. I hope it doesn't get them a profit. I hope they stop making movies.

Or there's the alternative of them just making good movies.

just wait until the fidget spinner movie haha

• Brohoof 4

Plis stop... NO

What did I do God?

what did I do to deserve this??

i promise I will start to make my own bed, and clean my room, and... and... I think those are enough promises 

Edited by Wilko Pony

I am pretty sure that this a hoax, but the Emoji Movie was a pretty bad idea, and I can't blame people for thinking Sony would actually make a meme movie after that train wreck.

11 minutes ago, Midnight Controller said:

The emoji movie got highly negative reviews, so I don't think Sony is willing to risk another shot to the foot after that.

But they are gonna miss and hit my head!!!

If this is true, don't support this bullshit. Don't even go to watch it ironically. Sony doesn't deserve your money and putting such into anything related tells them it's okay to keep making this garbage 

• Brohoof 4

Meh*

I don't believe in things like studio loyalty and the suggestion of dismissing a film because of a dislike for a studio. If a movie interests me (determined usually by director, actor, writers, concept, and trailer) then I'll watch it and make up my own mind. 

Sony did actually have a few reasonably decent films last year after all. 

* ;)

• Brohoof 2

On 8/4/2017 at 8:29 AM, Whompy Whomperson said:

If this is true, don't support this bullshit. Don't even go to watch it ironically. Sony doesn't deserve your money and putting such into anything related tells them it's okay to keep making this garbage 

Basically Michael Bay.

Any idea that's so stupid as what we're seeing here is ever completely dismissed or forgotten by the studios. They seem to have a certain kind of reversed genius for finding the most lame, absurd, pointless and idiotic ideas and running with them to the tune of many millions of dollars. Past failures seldom seem to penetrate their pathetic little minds. It's as though they're just moths attracted to the flame of stupidity. They get burned and keep coming back for more. :derp:

I expect a full disconnect from any possible audience just like the absolutely 'wonderful' Emoji movie. On the bright side, if Sony releases this next year, then they can possibly have the 'Worst Film of the Year' award twice in a row! I look forward to that at least. If they are really this stupid to make such a stupid movie then they deserve such an award.

Ya know...memes wernt funny or entertaining BECAUSE they were memes...they were funny and entertainment despite being memes.

I dont foresee anyone lining up to pay money to see "lol random meme references". Cuz like...we've had that for like a super long time and has been done to death. Sony, you obviously have animation talent...why you no have script reading talent.

Spoiler

Y-U-No.jpg

Ahh, I'm not quite sure about this. Memes are not something to be taken lightly. A meme movie should be made by a memestar, not sony :^)

On 8/4/2017 at 4:08 PM, Midnight Controller said:

The emoji movie got highly negative reviews, so I don't think Sony is willing to risk another shot to the foot after that.

If they understood negative reviews they wouldn't have refused to screen for critics until AFTER they made millions on opening night.

I hate this planet.

• Brohoof 1