Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why No Bronycon Sub-section In The Conventions Forum?

Denim&Venöm

There are sub sections for Everfree Northwest, BronyCAN, BABScon and many other MLP conventions over in the conventions forum section, but there is not one for the biggest MLP gathering: Bronycon. 

Is all Bronycon discussion expected to go down in Sugarcube corner, including talk of ride and room shares, meet ups and special events? Is there any reason why MLPforums in general tends to shy away from associating with Bronycon? 

• Brohoof 1

They usually only have a forum in the Con Section if they have (or had) a formal partnership (contract) with Poniverse. If BC or EQLA had partnerships they would likely have forums here since there was a strong current of mutual benefit with the partnerships. At least that was the policy. 

I believe BronyCon has its own official forum, but a thread for this year's festivities would be great for those not attending. (Hint Hint).

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Is there any reason why MLPforums in general tends to shy away from associating with Bronycon? 

I honestly never got that impression when I was on staff, but I can see how others may have that perspective. The staff only got formally invested in BronyCon when we had a panel there. 

If you are on EqD's Discord they have an all-purpose Con Server that may fill any needs you have and that Discord is freaking busy as hell. But yeah. .. would love to see more BC threads and blogs and stuff! 

• Brohoof 4

To shed a little light on the topic, We Typically Only have a subsection for conventions when we are direct and current partners with them. Part of the partnership agreement usually includes Poniverse Hosting a Sub-Section for their use on the forums.

As of this time, we have no "Formal" partnership with Bronycon or EQLA. This might change in the future.

7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Is there any reason why MLPforums in general tends to shy away from associating with Bronycon? 

Nope, :) The time scale and size of the con means dedicating a lot of resources and time to having a "Formal" Presence at the convention such as a Partnership, Poniverse Panel or a Booth. That's not to say we don't want to! and over the next few years, depending on costs and timing, we hope to be extending our formal presence at BronyCon!

For Bronycon 2017 Specifically, due to the timing, we're going to have a strictly informal party going which I'll elaborate on shortly. ;) 

More to Come!

• Brohoof 2