Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Upcoming Gender Change For Doctor Hooves?

Darthy Hooves

Somehow I doubt this. The association between Dr Hooves and Dr Who is fan made and only lightly nodded to in Slice of Life. I doubt the writers see the two characters as one and the same.

Also, considering how gender imbalanced the show already is, I would consider changing a male character into a female one to be a bad move, even for a background character.

• Brohoof 2

I think Doctor Hooves is supposed be represent the 10th Doctor (mainly in fanon), and since he did not change into 11th and 12th over the years, I doubt that he'll undergo a gender change. However, as other ponified Doctors occasionally appeared in the show, I won't be surprised to see a female Doctor cameo at some point.

• Brohoof 4

I'm going to agree with zeigh here. There's already more then enough female characters in the series, we don't need more. Personally, I prefer if characters stay the gender they are written. I mean, it would be kinda neat, but it would already add to the pretty tremendous imbalance we have today.

• Brohoof 1

I would be quite upset if they even laid a finger on such a memorable character :/

I haven't watched doctor who in years, but by the sounds of it......a female doctor? why? have they really made the same mistake as ghostbusters?

I doubt they'll change Doctor Hooves, he's not really canonically a pony version of the Doctor, just sorta based off him a bit, though I like to headcanon him as a far future incarnation. In show, he's just an eccentric scientist as of Slice of Life, I suppose they could write in some kind of gender change if they wanted, but there's really no need.

3 hours ago, Rawzy said:

I haven't watched doctor who in years, but by the sounds of it......a female doctor? why? have they really made the same mistake as ghostbusters?

Haven't seen Ghostbusters and barely know anything about it, but I'm sure there must be more wrong with it than just "It was ruined because Women" for it to have been received as bad as it was. Why not a female Doctor? The Doctor's an alien that changes his entire body and parts of his personality all the time, becoming a woman isn't too weird.

On 14/08/2017 at 6:08 AM, BasementSparkle said:

Haven't seen Ghostbusters and barely know anything about it, but I'm sure there must be more wrong with it than just "It was ruined because Women" for it to have been received as bad as it was. Why not a female Doctor? The Doctor's an alien that changes his entire body and parts of his personality all the time, becoming a woman isn't too weird.

Becoming a women is not weird, but when a character has been a male for decades and is best known for being a male, then it would be weird to change to a completely different gender, esspecially when he ussually has a female sidekick.

ghostbusters was ruined because of a female cast and because it was infested with feminism

25 minutes ago, Rawzy said:

Becoming a women is not weird, but when a character has been a male for decades and is best known for being a male, then it would be weird to change to a completely different gender, esspecially when he ussually has a female sidekick.

It's not weird at all, since the gender of the character isn't that important. And it's not like they've taken one of the male incarnations of the doctor and turned him into a women. 

Also, I fail to see what the doctor usually having a female sidekick has anything to do with this.   

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 3

Considering the show is made for 7 year old girls, I wouldn't really consider it an imbalance. It's just marketing to those that the show was made for. Boy shows sometimes are "imbalanced" the other way. Though I will give you the imbalance is usually less extreme than shown in MLP:FIM. but that's how modern feminism works, overcompensating for things that haven't really been an issue in years. 

On 8/13/2017 at 8:17 AM, zaighster said:

Somehow I doubt this. The association between Dr Hooves and Dr Who is fan made and only lightly nodded to in Slice of Life. I doubt the writers see the two characters as one and the same.

Also, considering how gender imbalanced the show already is, I would consider changing a male character into a female one to be a bad move, even for a background character.

On 8/13/2017 at 0:45 PM, Rawzy said:

I would be quite upset if they even laid a finger on such a memorable character :/

Agreed with not wanting to see Whooves change, and FWIW the new Doctor and Ghostbusters (2016) are completely different issues. Ghostbusters critics had a legit gripe. The Who stuff reminds me of the screaming idiots who populated comment sections when the new Trek show videos went up. 

14 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Background ponies change gender and race frequently, no reason to intentionally change his gender because of what another show is doing. 

It's not the same character after all. I think you would totally ruin his character by this.

• Brohoof 1