Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Natural-coloured ponies?

Merion

What are your opinions of pony characters that have natural coat and mane colours? Like Pipsqueak, Troubleshoes and Dr Whooves (also Bulk Biceps and Derpy to some extent), to name a few.

Personally, I don't mind them at all! Actually, my ponysona is a natural-coloured mare. I picked her colour palette to match her personality and I think it works just fine. :squee:

But I've seen some strong opinions on natural-coloured ponies. Some bronies actively hate them for being "boring" and "unimaginative".

What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 3

I actually quite like the idea, you don't see many which, though commonplace in the real world is quite unique and welcome in the fandom in my eyes :P
Funnily and just to note I find it the opposite for deer OC's, I like them in natural colours but with anything else I find they look a little off. 

Rhode is a light tan with white markings on her muzzle and hooves.   I like the idea of natural colored ponies and they do stand out in the rainbow!

• Brohoof 2

Bright colors or natural colors... they're still colors right? I don't see what would be bad about it. :P Though I must admit that I would not like a same eye/hair color combination, not even with bright colors. That is what I consider boring, due to me having it in real life. If your avatar is your OC, then may I say that she looks absolutely adorable! I actually really like the combination!

The show's got plenty of natural-colored ponies. What I don't see enough of are ponies with patterns on their coats.

That's why I like Sunburst's design. There aren't a lot of stallions with white stripes on their muzzles, or different colored hooves.

latest.thumb.png.888be4dfae5782a1b0e249a9beeab23f.png

• Brohoof 2

There are some characters in the show that are pretty close to the natural colors, but having a lot of them that way would be REALLY bad imo.

My OC has largely natural colors, and I think they look fine. all sorts of pastel colors give the show its unique look, and also I think helps reinforce the fantasy element of the show. As long as it isn't red and black, or hyper neon, its okay with me!

• Brohoof 2

I've notice that most background stallions in the show have duller or more natural colors with not much variety while mares are more brightly and unnaturally colored. I really wish there were a lot more brightly and unnaturally colored stallions, and more dull natural colored mares. There needs to be a balance there. Any colors can look good on any pony; as long as it's a simple color scheme, the colors fit well together, and it's easy on the eyes. 

• Brohoof 1