Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Sonic the hedgehog movie heads to Paramount...talk about desperate

Theknightofdraconia

I'm not really a Sonic fan(though I like Tails, I just like foxes in general)  but it looks like Paramount has taken over the film rights with the producers of Fast and Furious and Deadpool working on it, really I can't see this working unless they go full sci fi and make it like Guardians of the galaxy. Paramount Pictures has been getting its butt handed to them for the past few years, so many bombs(mother being a big one) lack of franchises and Tramsformers 5 being a major disappointment(so much so they cut the spin off film, "Bumblebee"'a budget in half(from 150 million to 70 million) 2019 is there last stand, if they fail, I feel they will be sold by Viacom. 

• Brohoof 1

Well...they have the money like Sony does...they could make it good or bad... I'm going to be brave and say...50/50? :mustache:

P.S. They have the same team, atm. I believe that to be a good thing? :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Stormfury said:

Well...they have the money like Sony does...they could make it good or bad... I'm going to be brave and say...50/50? :mustache:

P.S. They have the same team, atm. I believe that to be a good thing? :unsure:

That's true, it could be a good thing. Tim Miller seems to be loved at Paramount right now, due to his success with Deadpool and being handpicked by James Cameron to direct the next Terminator film..so hopefully he helps produce a bad ass film.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Annie said:

I don't see why it wouldn't turn out well. Solid production team, recognizable IP, and Sonic Boom worked out fairly well as a TV series.

True, as long as Michael Bay doesn't produce, it should be decent. But with his recent failures, I doubt Paramount wants him :)

Wait there going to be a live Sonic movie??:love:

....but hmmm wonder how they will turn out to be like....:okiedokieloki:

Ugly? like the ninja turtle.. or like this..

hqdefault.jpg:unsure:

• Brohoof 1

Depends on how it's handled. But knowing Sony, chances of it being handled well is low

EDIT: Okay so it's not Sony.

Still don't have high hopes for it though

Edited by Kiryu-Chan
  • Brohoof 1