Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Pinkie Pie...

Ganondox

Spoiler

Is it just me, or did Pinkie Pie by far take the most major role of the mane five? She's the only of the five who I feel is more than just a minor character in the film, as she has several key moments in the plot at several points (meanwhile Rainbow and Rarity only got singular spotlights). Also, her portrayal here was significantly more dramatic than in the show, like there is an implication that Pinkie's antics actually had negative consequences, which of course built up to the scene on the beach. The fact she was given the last line of the movie suggests this may have been intentional. 

Edited by Ganondox

Yeah, I feel like this was almost as much Pinkie's movie as it was Twilight's. She had a MAJOR, MAJOR part in it. It managed to keep the Pinkie Pie we know and love while also giving us some really emotional moments. I liked the way they handled her.

Also, should probably spoiler this, to be on the safe side. A lot of folks haven't seen it yet.

IMG_8249.GIF

Edited by Attack of the Pwns
  • Brohoof 6

Yes, you should’ve spoilered this. :P I’m not seeing the movie until next Wednesday because that’s when it airs here. However, about the topic, it already seemed that way watching the trailers. I’m not complaining, since Pinkie is my favorite. I just hope they won’t continue to give her a big role because she already is pretty overrated. I don’t want her to become the ‘typical’ favorite due to her being a potential main. :huh:

43 minutes ago, Attack of the Pwns said:

Also, should probably spoiler this, to be on the safe side. A lot of folks haven't seen it yet.

38 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

Yes, you should’ve spoilered this. :P 

I DID spoiler it. I just didn't put it into spoiler quotes because the thread has the spoiler tag, I figured people would respect that. I guess not. :P

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ganondox said:

I DID spoiler it. I just didn't put it into spoiler quotes because the thread has the spoiler tag, I figured people would respect that. I guess not. :P

Oops, sorry dude, just saw the spoiler tag. I saw a couple threads with SPOILERS written big in the title, I didn't know that there was a tag for them. You should be golden then. I just wanted to be on the safe side.

1 minute ago, Attack of the Pwns said:

Oops, sorry dude, just saw the spoiler tag. I saw a couple threads with SPOILERS written big in the title, I didn't know that there was a tag for them. You should be golden then. I just wanted to be on the safe side.

I edited to be in a spoiler box anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Hierok, Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. said:

Not only that, but Fluttershy's part is very, very weak. She hasn't done anything extrordinary in the movie. :wat:

It wasn't that much weaker than Applejacks, she had her moments. Hopefully there is a sequel were she plays a larger role. 

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Ganondox said:

I edited to be in a spoiler box anyway. 

Okay, sorry if I came off as demanding or a jerk or something. Just don't wanna ruin it for anypony. Although the topic is relatively vague, so I doubt it would really spoil anypony's experience anyway.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

It wasn't that much weaker than Applejacks, she had her moments. Hopefully there is a sequel were she plays a larger role. 

I hope you are right. I think there were too many new characters, while the mane 6 had not enough time.

Also, Rainbows rainboom was just showing off and I really didn't like that.

• Brohoof 2

Spoiler

I was really surprised that Pinkie was the one telling Twilight that trying to steal the pearl was wrong. I would have expected that kind of reaction from Applejack...

Anyway, I was really happy seeing Pinkie the way she was in the film. :pinkie:

2 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Aw man, sorry! :sunny: I didn’t notice, my bad!

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, DarkLion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was really surprised that Pinkie was the one telling Twilight that trying to steal the pearl was wrong. I would have expected that kind of reaction from Applejack...

Anyway, I was really happy seeing Pinkie the way she was in the film. :pinkie:

When the emerge from the ocean ... the very first line is AJ's who says, "What were you thinking?" The element if honesty does tell her off first and is the first one of her friends to call Twilight out. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

When the emerge from the ocean ... the very first line is AJ's who says, "What were you thinking?" The element if honesty does tell her off first and is the first one of her friends to call Twilight out. 

I totally forgot. Thank you for correcting my memory. Nether the less, it was still simply just one sentence and that's a little bit less in comparison to Pinkie...

13 hours ago, Hierok said:

Not only that, but Fluttershy's part is very, very weak. She hasn't done anything extrordinary in the movie. :wat:

At least she had that therapy scene. To me, that moment was so incredibly perfect that it completely made up for how little she did otherwise.

Anyway, during the scene where Twilight is snapping at her friends (I love that the movie even went for this angle at all BTW) and the subsequent breakup, Pinkie Pie almost seemed to be the backup leader of sorts, and seems to play a much more prominient role than the others in general. Likely done because she's the most marketable character of the pack.

But you're not going to hear me complaining, as Libman's deliveries are absolutely perfect and is probably one of the best portrayed characters in the entire movie.

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

At least she had that therapy scene. To me, that moment was so incredibly perfect that it completely made up for how little she did otherwise.

Anyway, during the scene where Twilight is snapping at her friends (I love that the movie even went for this angle at all BTW) and the subsequent breakup, Pinkie Pie almost seemed to be the backup leader of sorts, and seems to play a much more prominient role than the others in general.

But you're not going to hear me complaining, as Libman's deliveries are absolutely perfect and is probably one of the best portrayed characters in the entire movie.

That was amazing yes, but I rather had a little storie for every character instead. :grin:

3 minutes ago, Hierok said:

That was amazing yes, but I rather had a little storie for every character instead. :grin:

I know, they really found themselves kind of jumbling a lot with a seemingly lengthy runtime. They did what they could to give each of the Mane 6 their own contributions (even Spike gets a couple helpful moments), but unfortunately I guess that came at the cost of not giving Fluttershy and Applejack not much to do. Or maybe it's because the ones that did get mini-arcs were considered higher priorities since they are more marketable, who knows.

• Brohoof 2

I think placing higher focus on one character is better than trying to force everyone to have balanced time, better to have one strong character than a bunch of weak ones.