Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Seriously, where is the original human Sunset Shimmer?

Feather Scribbles

5 minutes ago, Cahead2015 said:

Are you sure or are you just making it up?

Oh, sorry, that's 100% headcanon. I don't think there's any way to know where she is for sure at this point.

Lol my best friend gets so heated about this topic. I just choose not to let it ruin the series for me. She on the other hand explodes in a fury of questions lol. Sunset is older than the other characters. Well above their age. I’m guessing she ain’t anywhere near the city. Idk man.

I've been thinking about this for a while. Actually, a couple of years ago I tried to write a crappy fanfiction on Sunset's counterpart where she decided to go to Canterlot High and ended up coming across Pony Sunset. I never actually finished it. 

I agree with others who say she just lives in another town. Somewhere online I once saw people joking that Pony Sunset had killed her counterpart, but obviously that will never become canon. Hopefully they'll show her counterpart in the new YouTube series or another movie, without making it seem repetitive, because they already had a story arc where they showed Twilight's human counterpart.

I think a more interesting question might be is the human Sunset still a villainess or ever was a villainess?  After all Sunset came through the portal and took over the high school, using manipulation to put herself on top and planning to head back to her homeworld to conquered it.  She had a change of heart due to Twilight, but if the human Sunset had those same characteristics she might still have them.  We've seen that human Twilight is much like Pony Twilight, but without self confidence originally.  Maybe the human Sunset is like the pony Sunset was.  If that is the case a meeting between the two would be interesting. 

11 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I would like it to be that she somehow managed to make it to Equestria and has been hiding out in a very remote location for years.

The funny thing is, that's also how I can see it happening. You can even make her motives for running away extremely similar to pony Sunset's.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Toon4Thought said:

The funny thing is, that's also how I can see it happening. You can even make her motives for running away extremely similar to pony Sunset's.

Yea, we don't know if the human Sunset was even a student at CHS before the pony Sunset showed up.  But if they somehow crossed paths, Sunset comes through the portal and human Sunset sees her, gets curious and goes through the portal and finds herself as a pony, runs away, hides and builds a pony life for herself.  The question then becomes what baggage did the human Sunset leave behind that the pony Sunset will have to deal with sooner or later?

I've always believed that there is no human version of Sunset and that the one we've seen all this time is the only one of her. Because of this, she serves as a bridge that connects Equestria Girls with that of Friendship is Magic thus both worlds are canon with one another despite the former almost never influencing the other. If there was a human Sunset running around somewhere in the human world, she has done a very good job of not noticing all those strange occurrences when it comes to magic.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Skytower said:

I think a more interesting question might be is the human Sunset still a villainess or ever was a villainess?  After all Sunset came through the portal and took over the high school, using manipulation to put herself on top and planning to head back to her homeworld to conquered it.  She had a change of heart due to Twilight, but if the human Sunset had those same characteristics she might still have them.  We've seen that human Twilight is much like Pony Twilight, but without self confidence originally.  Maybe the human Sunset is like the pony Sunset was.  If that is the case a meeting between the two would be interesting. 

There is so much obvious potential in a meeting between Sunset and a villainous double that I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet. 

On 10/24/2017 at 5:28 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

I've always believed that there is no human version of Sunset and that the one we've seen all this time is the only one of her. Because of this, she serves as a bridge that connects Equestria Girls with that of Friendship is Magic thus both worlds are canon with one another despite the former almost never influencing the other. If there was a human Sunset running around somewhere in the human world, she has done a very good job of not noticing all those strange occurrences when it comes to magic.

Isn't that what the show staff said at hascon anyways, that there was only one sunset shimmer?

14 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Isn't that what the show staff said at hascon anyways, that there was only one sunset shimmer?

Well, that's illogical for what the series has clearly established, unless the human Sunny did die :dash: 

On 10/30/2017 at 4:00 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Well, that's illogical for what the series has clearly established, unless the human Sunny did die :dash: 

Illogical, but hey, Magic, "I don't got to explain S***". the show staff's played fast and lose with things before (first alicorn equestria has seen, the journal of the two sisters and the S7 finale, ect.).

I kind of hope they don't go through with it, if only because saying there's only one sunset and she was "meant" to go to the Human world slathers her with a bunch of "chosen one" BS that I hope they avoid doing in a group show.

On 2017-10-29 at 11:39 PM, Unlikeable Pony said:

Yeah but that's no fun. 

i like to think that the worlds are parallel in a way. So considering Sunset "ran away" from her studies, I think maybe the other Sunset did the same and dropped out of High School. She could just be travelling the world or just in the next town over. Just not in Canterlot anymore. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since Sunset went to live in another world, perhaps human Sunset is hiding out somewhere in either Equestria or another world altogether after finding a portal, most likely the one between Equestria and the human world, but who's to say there aren't any other portals she could have stumbled across? For all we know human Sunset is living as a Wookiee on Kashyyyk. 

Allow me to answer your question with this video:

On 11/1/2017 at 0:52 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

Illogical, but hey, Magic, "I don't got to explain S***". the show staff's played fast and lose with things before (first alicorn equestria has seen, the journal of the two sisters and the S7 finale, ect.).

I kind of hope they don't go through with it, if only because saying there's only one sunset and she was "meant" to go to the Human world slathers her with a bunch of "chosen one" BS that I hope they avoid doing in a group show.

Then you must really hate Star Wars.

18 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

Then you must really hate Star Wars.

Star wars is fine because it trips over its "The force is the most powerful force in the galaxy!" thing when force users are constantly tripping over non-force users fuxoring up their plans; Its kind of hard to take the sith and the jedi seriously at times. I mean,, whether or not luke had been on the deathstar Han would still have taken down that shield generator and lando would have blown it up, and it was the clones, not the jedi, who won the clone wars. This doesn't diminish their heroism, they still do great things, but it still makes Han's "Hokey religions" line seem to ring a bit true.

5 hours ago, CountessColoratura said:

the sunset that stole twiight crown is the saame sunset in the other 3 movies, so what im saying is that sunset was born in the human world, and LIVES in the human world.

Unless I'm misinterpreting you, we know for a fact that the Sunset we're familiar with lived in Equestria before going to the human world. 

Well we now know that the human and pony/human can exist in the world at the same time without any real balance problems.  I think it might be interesting if the human Sunset who does live in another city sees the pony/human Sunset on the screen in the Daring Do movie.  That storyline could really settle a few questions.

1 hour ago, Skytower said:

Well we now know that the human and pony/human can exist in the world at the same time without any real balance problems.  I think it might be interesting if the human Sunset who does live in another city sees the pony/human Sunset on the screen in the Daring Do movie.  That storyline could really settle a few questions.

If human sunset saw the movie she'll probably hunt her down