Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phobias you have gotten over/overcome

Foxy Socks

Thunderstorms. I used to be really afraid of them as a kid, but I'm not now. They're actually really peaceful to me.

Also needles. I used to be one of those kids who hated needles, but I never spoke out about it (just freaked out internally). But since my job requires me to maintain a lot of immunizations, I've kinda grown bored of them. x3

• 1 year later...

Darkness and being alone at night. When I was kid I was really afraid of both, once I even had something like sleeping paralysis. Because of my mom's job she was often working at night and I had to sleep alone, in the beginning I couldn't even sleep with lights turned off, but eventually I overcome these phobias. Now I'm feeling pretty ok being alone at night:proud:

• Brohoof 1

"I was told, when I get older, all my fears would shrink, But now I'm insecure, an' I care what people think"

I realized that being scare of the dark then was nothing compare to my anxiety now. 

• Brohoof 2

Was afraid of the car wash (eventually just... realized it’s just a car wash :wacko: ). It was mostly the ones with the big brushes, but I felt the same about the touch less ones.

Also dogs. (Because of one embarrassing incident...). I remember overcoming it... there was a small, really elderly looking dog just... sleeping, laying down. I thought it was so harmless and vulnerable, I guess I realized they aren’t all out to get ya and often they’re also ... harmless. I was with it for the time I was at that house.

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 2

For over a decade, I struggled with emetophobia (fear of vomiting). It started after a severe case of food poisoning. Since then, I avoided eating all kinds of foods, avoided eating all together sometimes, and more unhealthy habits. After I ended up puking again years later, I realized that, although unpleasant, it really isn’t that terrible. I’m pretty much over it now.

• Brohoof 1