Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Rumored G5 and other Stuff.

CastletonSnob

4 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

In other words, more adventure.

If G5 does become a thing, do you think FIM's voice cast will be involved?

Not sure about Tara Strong, due to her being in California, but I'm sure the rest of the main cast won't think twice in getting their roles. Secondary characters side, Britt McKillips (Cadance), surely will be absent 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Steve Piranha said:

Not sure about Tara Strong, due to her being in California, but I'm sure the rest of the main cast won't think twice in getting their roles. Secondary characters side, Britt McKillips (Cadance), surely will be absent 

Tara Strong could. Not much of an expert on things like this.

44 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Tara Strong could. Not much of an expert on things like this.

I'm sure Tara is willing to to voice in ponies again, but not sure if DHX wanna do so due to cost and difficulty to have a recurring voice in another country :huh: 

8 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I'm sure Tara is willing to to voice in ponies again, but not sure if DHX wanna do so due to cost and difficulty to have a recurring voice in another country :huh: 

Who knows.

And in other news, /mlp/ is complaining about G5.

I really, really hope they keep FiM going more than anything. If for some reason they have to go to a g5 (which I don't think is smart for them as a company) then I am a little on the fence about them keeping the same characters. These are characters we have gotten attached to, and changing up their appearances and character traits just changes the characters completely. I would rather them make new characters than change the old ones we all know and love. 

But man, I don't want this show to end. Just the idea of it ending...:(

Edited by Rhythm Red
  • Brohoof 3

46 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if DHX isn't even involved in G5. I think it's more likely for Hasbro to go to Boulder Media since they own it now (they're already doing that with the new LPS).

• Brohoof 2

Haven't looked at any of the leaks, but not super interested in a new direction informed by anyone who thinks AJ needs a complete overhaul, as I'm gleaning from comments.

Also I've had my fill of teen centered drama for a life time. I think it's probably a good marketing move, but chances are I'm going to be fine parting on the current terms of the show. 

Nine seasons should be sufficient for anything I think is bound to happen for the current characters, really. Even if there's a 10th season I probably wont even show up for it by the time it lurches along. It's been a long ride. 

11 hours ago, Leave a Whisper said:

Is it weird that I imagined you saying this in your most posh, villain voice? XD

It's only natural. I am one of the unofficial villains of this community ;) I've been clashing with the other fans on worldbuilding, antagonists, character development, and more. This leak tilts the dialogue in my favor on all points of contention. Hence the reason for my smugness. It is entertaining to see that H-Bro and I seem to be in accord on the future path of MLP. Was there ever any doubt?

• Brohoof 1

On 16-12-2017 at 11:33 PM, MegaSean45 said:

Season 9 being the last season makes me nervous. That might not be enough time for all our unanswered questions being answered in the show. At least the ones that matter the most. I hope this is fake.

This is my big concern. Questions need to be answered. :orly:

Spoiler

Since Spike is getting wings, I'd love to finally get that RD/Spike episode of one where she teaches him to fly, since we never got it with Twilight 

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah, but a pony movie good-bye G4 would be a nice way to end FiM 

Agreed, let us at least hope that the series finale is a 4 part in the same way Weirdmageddon or Battle For Mewni were in their respective shows.

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Agreed, let us at least hope that the series finale is a 4 part in the same way Weirdmageddon or Battle For Mewni were in their respective shows.

The Battle for Mewni was a season premiere, not a series finale.

Edited by PinkiePie97

11 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

The Battle for Mewni was a season premiere, not a series finale.

I know, wording. I mentioned it because it was a 4 part special.

My point was other shows have done it, so MLP should for at least a series finale.

Perhaps it is best to wait. Even if this is true, it is too confusing without anything official being said. I am interested in what's to come, though I have doubts as well. If there is a G5, which there will almost definitely a thing at some point, I'm sure it will be fine, considering how they have been handling the show.

sigh

I think the only reason I feel so distraught over this (FiM ending), is because I have over 50 episode ideas for FiM (yes, I obsess over this show enough to have developed over 50 ideas for episodes)...and I'll probably never get the chance to turn them into a fan-series before the fandom thins out too much...

The way everything I've heard from everyone sounds, it sounds like G5 isn't going to be that good.  Not bad (not as bad as G3 and the Emoji Movie), but not good either (not as good as FiM and Pre-Movie Spongebob).  In the end, I'm probably not going to end up watching G5 (and if I do I most likely won't latch on).  G5 is inevitable, but G4 could last at least a bit longer than 2019. (Also, I could care less about EQG since I only watched the first movie and said "Nope" after that)

And I guess because of my ever-going creative mind, FiM was a big chunck of my free-time, and for that to go away...will essentially be a large part of me dying, with nothing to fill the gap, since I haven't been this big on something since 2014, and haven't really run into anything new and interesting enough since then (FNaF was the previous thing that took up this "chunk" of my mind, btw).

Regarding all those episode ideas, I think I'm just gonna have to shelf all the ideas I have, and hopefully one day recycle as many as I can as an independent show idea to pitch to ABC or NBC or something...

It was probably crazy thinking I could affect the canon of the show directly or indirectly. (I mean, heck, I even had an idea for the finale to FiM that would lead into a four season extension series.)

It's been cool, I just wish I could've done more.

57 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Do you think it's a good idea for me to look at this leaked information despite it being incomplete in places?

No, the leaks for S8&9 are massive, and the G5 leaks are so early in the planning stages they’re pretty much useless. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm just impressed that this series could last until 2019 at all. It's an excellent run and as long as it's handled well, I'll be glad to see it conclude with enough dignity. Soon, the time for a new generation will arrive. I'm hoping that it comes in 2020. It's enough time for this series to wrap up. I don't like the rumors that they're recycling the mane six, however, it's natural to see them return. I just hope that some new names and faces will be present as main characters. Maybe some that we've never seen before.

Personally, I'm clinging to the hope that this whole "S9 = the end" thing is merely one of those subject-to-change predictions instead of a done deal.

Given how G4's been their most-profitable incarnation, just dropping it altogether seems awfully unpragmatic for -- you know -- a company.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

On 12/16/2017 at 6:19 PM, MegaSean45 said:

Maybe not all of them, but at least the important ones. There really isn't many questions I care about other than a few. I can live without Suri coming back, or Discord's origins - but I do care about Spike's origins, zebra lands, and whatever happened to Lightning Dust and who the Manehattan CMCs are. 

Not me for any of the above whatsoever.

On 12/16/2017 at 5:33 PM, MegaSean45 said:

Season 9 being the last season makes me nervous. That might not be enough time for all our unanswered questions being answered in the show. At least the ones that matter the most. I hope this is fake.

Probably not. The only two main characters I'm concerned about nowadays are Pinkie and Fluttershy. I'm hoping for a lot of episodes for both of them (at least one together) before the show ends.