Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Rumored G5 and other Stuff.

CastletonSnob

Supposedly, the timeline for the MLP franchise was leaked today. It included S9 coming in 2019, which would be the last season of the series, a prequel movie coming out in 2019, and a G5 launch in 2020. 

Keep in mind this is just a rumor, and I have no idea if it's true or not.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/12/a-warning-on-my-little-pony-generation.html#disqus_thread

• Brohoof 5

How exactly is it that there are leaks? Even if this particular one is false, we have had instances where assets of the show were released and rumors of Twilight alicorn being present at the beginning of season 3. Who are the people doing this?

As for the rumour itself, at this point I don't think I would mind if G4 ended by 2020. As saddened as I would be by the end of the series, 10 years is quite a long run (7 years is already significant) and the characters have already progressed and achieved much since the beginning of the show. I'm reminded of how season 3 was originally to be the end of the series.

The question I would have is whether the new series would have any ties to G4 (ex. existing in the same universe but is one or several generations after the current one in timeline) or would be a completely separate universe.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 2

Well, ending at the 10th year is a nice round number i would say. If that is true, i would be ready for it and we have atleast 2 more seasons of pony to look forward to (hopefully fulfilling my only wish with Lamiaponies being canon. :P )

39 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Season 9 being the last season makes me nervous. That might not be enough time for all our unanswered questions being answered in the show. At least the ones that matter the most. I hope this is fake.

You can't answer all questions. Usually when questions in shows like these are answered, it creates even more questions. That's why writers like J.R.R Tolkien tried to explain their worlds without breaking the mysteries of it, leaving fans to speculate about them for years to come. :)

• Brohoof 8

Just now, Mesme Rize said:

Well, ending at the 10th year is a nice round number i would say. If that is true, i would be ready for it and we have atleast 2 more seasons of pony to look forward to (hopefully fulfilling my only wish with Lamiaponies being canon. :P )

You can't answer all questions. Usually when questions in shows like these are answered, it creates even more questions. That's why writers like J.R.R Tolkien tried to explain their worlds without breaking the mysteries of it, leaving fans to speculate about them for years to come. :)

Maybe not all of them, but at least the important ones. There really isn't many questions I care about other than a few. I can live without Suri coming back, or Discord's origins - but I do care about Spike's origins, zebra lands, and whatever happened to Lightning Dust and who the Manehattan CMCs are. 

• Brohoof 3

Nice to see the show's coming to an end soon because I'm already finished with 4/6 of the Mane Six after 7 seasons (to be more specific: Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle). As long as none of them occupy most of yet another season, I'm fine with that.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Nice to see the show's coming to an end soon because I'm already finished with 4/6 of the Mane Six after 7 seasons (to be more specific: Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle). As long as none of them occupy most of yet another season, I'm fine with that.

That's also another thing. As much as i like the mane 6, they really start to overstay their welcome and it seems like Season 7 also kinda showed that too, considering almost half the episodes wasn't centered on them.

I know people would say "well, you always give them new goals." The problem here is though, there are people who want to see new ponies having life goals and i think that's why so many people want another cast.with fresh original ponies.

• Brohoof 4

Shoot.  I'm praying the rumors are false, but there's a part of me that says "Everything ends at some point; FiM needs to end somehow, and if it's going to end, well, it should be a well-thought-out, planned end."

I don't think the fandom is going away even if there is a finale---I mean, look at Star Trek the Next Generation!  And who knows?  Hasbro might stop the show, but keep other media, like books and comics and games, going for G-4.

• Brohoof 6

Edit: So I was wrong these leaks are very real and very extensive. These aren’t just small leaks like episode titles or release dates, don’t go looking for these leaks unless you want massive spoilers for season eight.

So, I managed to find some of this stuff, and nothing I saw was terribly convincing. Especially the character concept art, looked more like fan art than anything official. I’m not taking this seriously until I hear more official word, still remember that supposed “fallout 4” leaked video that turned out to be nothing. People can make very convincing fakes if it gets them lots of attention.

Edited by ShootingStar159
  • Brohoof 7

1499293382790.png.054d7264ac547bc58c2d22fc5c8947bb.png

Those pesky Griffonstone hawkers, always stealing confidential scrolls from castle restrooms!

Truth or lies? Divine retribution, or should I say unholy justice. Have you arrived already, Five-Legged Shrew?

• Brohoof 1

Not sure how i will feel when the show ends (whenever it does eventually end) but i feel like it has been going so long that it should end so the mane six get a break from having to save everyone from certain doom every so often! If it does go another 2 seasons and a movie i will be very happy. Whatever complaints people have had about season 7 i have really enjoyed it still so i will always be up for more FIM! 

A new gen would be interesting. Would they make it with bronies in mind or just try to create a kids show free from our devilish influence? 

Anyway they gotta end it before it ends up like Dragonball, where they introduce problems in other planets and Twilight is travelling the universe to solve friendship problems :derp:

• Brohoof 1

It hurts my soul to think this show will eventually come to an end. I usually try not to think about it, but when it’s almost been a decade you begin to think about showing something the door.

The characters and stories this show introduced me to has affected my life in an incredibly positive way. I will be truly saddened the day there will be no more adventures with the 6 ponies and one dragon I’ve come to know and love.

While I wish the next generation all the success in the world, I can’t see it being as big and influential as Friendship is Magic.

I’ll take what I’m reading with a grain of the salt at the moment and will quietly sit and back and watch things unfold on their own.

• Brohoof 6

Season 9 being the last would line up with this (unless it takes longer than usual for it to premiere):
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/hasbro-investor-webcast-information-eqg.html

Honestly, I feel like this being true or not could go either way. On one hand, I’d be a bit surprised since MLP is still bigger than it was before FiM, but I also might not know what Hasbro’s business strategy is (plus, there’s also that post I linked).

To be honest, I’d be fine with it if it did end after season 9. It will have had a good run.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Season 9 being the last season makes me nervous. That might not be enough time for all our unanswered questions being answered in the show. At least the ones that matter the most. I hope this is fake.

If these are true we still got roughly 19 hours of Pony to answer all our questions, or about 8 Star Wars movies. 

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

idk, Chrysalis being in a mid season episode just doesn't make sense for me.

And I can't find the leaked g5 designs, but idk, maybe it's real maybe not.

It wasn’t so much designs as what looked like very early concept art at the most.

Spoiler

It was weird looking too, Twilight was an earth pony, Fluttershy was a unicorn, Applejack looked like a Clydesdale. I doubt that even if it’s legit, it’s going to an accurate idea of the final product.

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Man reading some of the leaked emails (if this is all real of course) I feel bad for Applejack fans, the staff apparently has so little faith in her character that they apparently feel she needs a total revamp both personality and appearance. 

For the most part aside from some switch ups in type of pony for a couple of characters the rest of the cast seems like their being kept pretty much the same. Rarity looks like Rarity, Twilght looks like Twilight, Fluttershy looks like Fluttershy etc etc and.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, M'gann M'orzz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Man reading some of the leaked emails (if this is all real of course) I feel bad for Applejack fans, the staff apparently has so little faith in her character that they apparently feel she needs a total revamp both personality and appearance. 

For the most part aside from some switch ups in type of pony for a couple of characters the rest of the cast seems like their being kept pretty much the same. Rarity looks like Rarity, Twilght looks like Twilight, Fluttershy looks like Fluttershy etc etc and.

Spoiler

Those e-mails feel too on the nose for me, the more I look at this stuff, the more it looks like someone trying to get a rise out of the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

And I can't find the leaked g5 designs, but idk, maybe it's real maybe not.

I saw one image, but I don’t think I can share it without getting in trouble.

From what info I saw people sharing, I’d be open to it if it is real (I still think it could go either way).

Edited by PinkiePie97

WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?!? JUST TO SUFFER?!? Every night, I can feel my heart… and my soul… even my spirit. The waifu I’ve lost… the hope I’ve lost… won't... stop... hurting! It’s like it's all still there. You feel it, too, don’t you?

• Brohoof 2

Ain't sharing links of course, but apart from the supposed G5 concept art, there are also synopsis from S8, a holy day special discussion, some half dragon/half pony from chinese myth, S9 being 13 episodes, and discussions of a second FiM movie that may or not may be canceled in favor of the G5 movie prologue. Who knows if they are true or not, but the only thing that makes me doubt it's veracity is G5 coming the immediate year after G4  while they usually launch the new generation in more than that :huh:. Who knows if that's true or not, and we can't precisely ask the staff directly. We'll have to wait 

• Brohoof 3