When did you start wearing glasses/contacts?

DubWolf

I'd say about 3 or so years ago. I use prescription reading glasses and since I'm on the computer a lot both at home and work, and headaches were getting constant when I did anything that involved intense focus...yeah. I wear them almost 24/7 these days.

Not that I complain. I think I look outright FABULOUS in them. <3

• 3 weeks later...

Since I was 10. My vision is really bad, and I'm not legally allowed to drive with out them either. Luckily it hasn't gotten any worse. I'm near-sighted so I can take them off to read books or my phone.

Started in grade 2, but I didn't even need it. My eyes were fine, I could see perfectly but the optometrist told me I should because I have one diopter on my right eye and if I don't get it it would worsen. I thought looked better in glasses anyways, so I didn't mind. It has been 7 years now and my eyes have not gotten worse so that's good. :)

Right after Christmas break my senior year of high school. Had perfect vision in the summer which I knew because I took my permit eye exam. Some point between July and December I went near sighted. I went back to school and realized holy hell I can’t see .-.

When I was about 10 years old I realized started to realize I was nearsighted. I had problems with my vision around when I was in 1st grade, but it really started to affect my everyday life around 2007. I also had an corrective eye surgery in 2013 for my lazy eye, and I ended up blind for a few weeks, with a massive amount of pain if I even tried to open them. 

Edited by ultrairongorilla

I was in primary school or something, an ophthalmologist came to class and conducted the reading test we all know. I was found to be myopic then, and started wearing glasses.

It got only worse from there, I had to change glasses every other year or so, until I reached adulthood and it stabilized. I also tried contacts at some point, but my cornea grew more sensitive to that so I had to stop.

Finally I had LASIK surgery, and ever since I've been at ease, even though I don't exactly have 20/20 vision.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-01-30 at 5:12 PM, ultrairongorilla said:

When I was about 10 years old I realized started to realize I was nearsighted. I had problems with my vision around when I was in 1st grade, but it really started to affect my everyday life around 2007. I also had an corrective eye surgery in 2013 for my lazy eye, and I ended up blind for a few weeks, with a massive amount of pain if I even tried to open them. 

Aw, that sucks. Hope you're faring better now.

I can't remember the exact year but I got my first glasses somewhere during the primary school years. At first I was terrified that people would have told me that I looked weird, yet nowadays they've told me that it's weirder to see me without glasses. To be honest I also think that I do look strange when I'm not wearing glasses as I'm so used to having them.

Contacts aren't my thing though, my eyes are already inconveniently sensitive and even applying eye drops is hard enough. :dash:

• 1 year later...

I dont yet, I have somewhat decent vision still! Funnily enough I'm the only one in my family that does not have to wear some type of vision enhancement device! :P

• Brohoof 1

I think that I started wearing glasses in middle school. I used to be super embarrassed when wearing them around other people but I eventually got over it. Fuck you, I need to see.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/6/2018 at 9:46 PM, Will Guide said:

Since I was two. I'm near-sighted, so anything pass a certain distance becomes blurry.

Wow, that beats me. How do they even test a two year old's eyes?

I started at four or five and that was really young. I got contacts at thirteen. My eyes are freaking terrible.

• 4 weeks later...