Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Animation Errors

Unicornia Wings

s01e02, near the end, celestia's legs disappear while talking to luna

same episode, not long after, celestia's tail is layered on top of her and her cutie mark so it looks like it's coming out of the sun

• Brohoof 1

I'll mention a couple that I've noticed myself. They're not particularly memorable, but I haven't seen anyone else mention these anywhere.

In "Spice Up Your Life", during the "It's Gonna Work" song, look at the yellow unicorn. His cutie mark is moving a lot on his flank, going under the straps on his overalls, and the yellow on his coat actually covers said straps for a few frames! It's at 0.20 in the embedded video.

Spoiler

In "Uncommon Bond", when Sunburst is talking to Trixie near the end, the white stripe on his face disappears. I think I saw this also happen in "Shadow Play" a couple of times, but this is the most noticeable occurrence.

Spoiler

sunbursterror.png.e43802e0dae121814be8fcf122235ede.png

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

I'll mention a couple that I've noticed myself. They're not particularly memorable, but I haven't seen anyone else mention these anywhere.

In "Spice Up Your Life", during the "It's Gonna Work" song, look at the yellow unicorn. His cutie mark is moving a lot on his flank, going under the straps on his overalls, and the yellow on his coat actually covers said straps for a few frames! It's at 0.20 in the linked video.

Not sure that is an error. The unicorn is walking, and the cutie mark is on the hind upper thigh, so moves with that as they walk. the first strap is z-ordered above, but the second z-ordered below that leg, so is sometimes concealed by it. That could be reasonable; if the first strap is floating, but the second is tight against the fur between the leg and the torso, it wouldn't be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

In "Uncommon Bond", when Sunburst is talking to Trixie near the end, the white stripe on his face disappears. I think I saw this also happen in "Shadow Play" a couple of times, but this is the most noticeable occurrence.

Yup, that's messed up :)

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Not sure that is an error. The unicorn is walking, and the cutie mark is on the hind upper thigh, so moves with that as they walk. the first strap is z-ordered above, but the second z-ordered below that leg, so is sometimes concealed by it. That could be reasonable; if the first strap is floating, but the second is tight against the fur between the leg and the torso, it wouldn't be wrong.

Looking at it again, I think you're right. I still think it looks a bit weird, probably because the straps stay so still as he's walking. But not really an error after all. :)

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

They accidently animated Twilght with wings during and after “Magical Mystery Cure.” They still haven’t noticed it and fixed it.

latest?cb=20130303111912

Oh, and this happened too.

Edited by Pr0m4NV14