Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like to live in the middle east

Lumos31

Under no circumstances could I ever be paid enough to live in the Middle East. Quite aside from the fact that half the countries there are embroiled in some sort of violence, they are all intolerant, barbaric and despotic theocracies.

• Brohoof 1

Well, as someone who got deployed there twice (& was involved in combat operations both times:  9/11 happened right in the middle of the first deployment), and while it was interesting getting to visit Dubai & Bahrain, you could not pay me enough to actually live there, particularly since I came out.

Already posted here, but I come with a more specific answer.

I would not like to live in the Middle East and would much rather stay in America (even though I have my issues with the US).The place is a warzone thanks to the United States deciding to commit terrorism by acting like they're trying to combat it. It already was a bit terrible there, but it's only getting worse because we won't leave them be.

• 1 year later...

No, without even thinking about the political situation there - the climate there is too hot. If I had to live in a different country, I'd choose from the countries that are further North, like the the state of Alaska in the US, Canada, Russia, Iceland etc. Then I would have to compare the political and economic situations of the countries that would accept me and see which one would be best for me.

Liberal gun laws are great, but what good is to have an AK if I cannot hit anything because of sweat covering my glasses.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm an outspoken Atheist, that alone would get me jailed, tortured, or killed in most Middle Eastern countries with the exception of Israel.

They may have nice views and pretty cities, but I won't go there until they stop killing people for being different.

No, I wouldn't want to live in the Middle East as a lot of the countries there are warzones and/or despotic regimes with high levels of extremism and violence. I would also most likely be tortured and killed for not believing in something.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

Hell no. Left to their own devices, they are oppressive terrorists. Not 100% of the people but a large enough number to create the society you see. Name one country besides Israel that treats women or gays with any respect? America is trying to fight terror there so we don't have to fight it here.

Anyone who thinks America is the problem, I challenge you to pick a country there and tell everyone you are gay.

• Brohoof 3

I knew someone at this forum who was living there. He didn't want to say it out loud since people might think things. The interesting thing was that he was friends with a few people that didn't judge him, but absolutely would if he had said something.

I learn new things about the Bronies every day, how accepting they really are, etc.

I don't live there. I don't think less of the people living there.

Nah, I don't think it is a good idea to live there as a bisexual atheist. At least in some countries like Saudi-Arabia or Iran. I would like to visit maybe someday the Oman ( I have the posibility from my university to visit the Oman, but it is definitelly to expensive for me) or the UAE, but thats it. Ok, Turkey and Egypt would be also interesting, but not for the moment. I also would like to see someday a desert, but then, I would prefer the deserts of the USA, Australia or the Tabernas Desert in Spain. But I also would not live in a desert. To hot and dry.

While I am technically half Muslim, the fact that I'm a woman pretty much guarantees how I'll be treated there. And with corrupted leaders and governments, wars and all that junk, I'd probably never go there. Sure, they might have pretty looking cities, but there are plenty of other places in the world that not only look as nice or even better but guarantee my safety as well.

Edited by Sky Serenade
  • Brohoof 1

No, and I don't know why anyone would. I'd really rather keep my head attached to my shoulders. It's debatably the most dangerous and intolerant region of the world, and even just visiting the Middle East is asking for trouble.

If we pretend it's not basically just a giant war zone, I still wouldn't want to live there. Too hot. Ninety degree summer days make me want to move north, so there's no way I'd choose to live in a desert.

Edited by Booker