Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The show as a whole.

CastletonSnob

I'd say I give it a 7-8/10. Some of the later episodes aren't doing it for me what they used too but that might just be me realizing how short they are. I honestly don't get much fufillment out of season finale episodes as I used too because they win so easily. Especially the pony of shadows season finale. The PoS wasn't scary or a good villain at all because he did even less than sombra.

I'd rate it a 10/10. The show's not perfect by any means, it has it's flaws but I love and enjoy it so much I don't really care. It's not only my favorite cartoon, but my favorite show of all time. I love the characters, the world it's set in, the songs, the morals, animation, voice acting...Pretty much everything. I think there's a few areas they could have improve on, some aspects of the show feel a little rushed or not fully developed at times, but overall it's a great show.

If you're wanting something more objective, you're probably not going to get it from me. I'm biased in this show's favor a ton.:P

• Brohoof 4

8 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

I'd rate it a 10/10. The show's not perfect by any means, it has it's flaws but I love and enjoy it so much I don't really care. It's not only my favorite cartoon, but my favorite show of all time. I love the characters, the world it's set in, the songs, the morals, animation, voice acting...Pretty much everything. I think there's a few areas they could have improve on, some aspects of the show feel a little rushed or not fully developed at times, but overall it's a great show.

If you're wanting something more objective, you're probably not going to get it from me. I'm biased in this show's favor a ton.:P

So,etching tells me your the kind of person who, when someone asks you your favorite show, they ask you what your vfavorite is besides MLP.

I’m hardly a connoisseur of television, or even just cartoons, but FiM is one I’d rate 10/10, largely because I usually walk away from the episodes pretty pleased with the results. There are a few things I wish the show had done differently, though. I wish Stygian had been anything other than a unicorn, he didn’t really do anything with his magic to begin with. And I wish that Sunset Shimmer was Starlight’s childhood friend. It would certainly go a long way to explain why she never was able to contact Sunset, since Sunset was in an entirely different world. Not to mention Sunset was the type of person to treat Starlight poorly over a cutie mark, than go off to magic school and forget about her. 

1 minute ago, ShootingStar159 said:

I’m hardly a connoisseur of television, or even just cartoons, but FiM is one I’d rate 10/10, largely because I usually walk away from the episodes pretty pleased with the results. There are a few things I wish the show had done differently, though. I wish Stygian had been anything other than a unicorn, he didn’t really do anything with his magic to begin with. And I wish that Sunset Shimmer was Starlight’s childhood friend. It would certainly go a long way to explain why she never was able to contact Sunset, since Sunset was in an entirely different world. Not to mention Sunset was the type of person to treat Starlight poorly over a cutie mark, than go off to magic school and forget about her. 

It's kind of weird when you think about it. Sunburst could almost be thought if as related to sunset. He has a similar name and color scheme and his personality seems like a great foil for both pre and post-demon friendship crown thing.

It's my favorite tv series on right now next to Adventure Time. I love everything about it. I love shows that have an overarching plot, but can still have enjoyable individual episodes. I love the main 6 and I find they all have good chemistry with each other and are all really likeable and relatable in some way to someone. The show improves with each season, and I'm glad it doesn't hold back with changing the status quo like Spongebob, The Simpsons, or Family Guy have done over the years. The music and songs are fantastic, easily the closest to Disney besides Steven Universe. This show has made me appreciate animation, and has made me want to start drawing, it has been that impactful to me.

• Brohoof 1

I've always been a fan of cartoons, it's something I just never grew out of.  FiM is a pretty darn good cartoon by any measure, the characters are memorable, the art style is appealing, the music is good and the stories are engaging keeping in mind the main target audience.

One thing I would have liked to have seen would be a whole series plot arc, something that built up gradually over a few episodes and resulted in the mane 6 having to go on some epic quest for the remainder of the series and culminating in a big showdown for the finale.  It would have been nice but I'm not going to throw a track over it never happening.

• Brohoof 2

I would give it a 9/10, it's My third favorite show after Rick and Morty, and Dragonball super. I love how positive the show is. Almost every bad guy becomes a friend, almost every problem becomes a learning opportunity. I first came to the show because I was depressed and wanted to watch entertaining material with no violence or negativity, and it was perfect. I've seen every episode a couple times now. I watch at least one a day. Some of my favorite episodes are "too many Pinkies", "P.P.O.V.", and "putting your hoof down". If there was anything I'd like to see more of it's goofy humor, but the show has a good balance I think.

• Brohoof 3

I love the show as it has great animation, compelling characters, memorable musical numbers, and entertaining stories.

It is one of my favorites, however it isn't perfect.  The show isn't the most consistant in quality and as a result while there are some really great and fantastic episodes to come out of the show, there are some not so great episodes as well.

With how many writers and staff have come and went over the years, FiM has constantly been changing to mixed results.

However even with that in mind, I would still say that I greatly enjoy the show and would rate it an 8.6/10.

• Brohoof 2

The show as a whole for me is a pretty solid 9/10, even with the occasional episode that's downright bad (Magical Mystery Cure, Hard to Say Anything, Cart Before the Ponies). Honestly the show's gotten slightly better since Season 3 (standout season IMO, in a bad way) ended and I hope the episodes remain to have quality.

I still think several shows are better, like Steven Universe, Invader Zim, and Star Trek: the Next Generation.

• Brohoof 1

I'd give the show between 85% to 90%.

It's definitely done much to change the concept of gender stereotyping by appealing to a wider audience--though this was unintended--by providing memorable characters, lessons that can be applied in real life, wonderful voice acting, and of course, all of those pop culture references. Granted, it isn't perfect--no show is--and there are flaws that occur such as recent episodes being rehashes or alternate versions of ones seen in earlier seasons. Another example would be continuity problems resulting in the audience being confused with ideas that retcon what had happened in the past.

It's still a good cartoon but it isn't what I would call a masterpiece of animation.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Duzzkey said:

I still think several shows are better, like Steven Universe, Invader Zim, and Star Trek: the Next Generation.

What's your fave episode of TNG? Mine is "a matter of honor", the one where Riker serves on a Klingon ship. I love TNG, ENT, TOS, and to a lesser extent DS9.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Cherry-Pie said:

What's your fave episode of TNG? Mine is "a matter of honor", the one where Riker serves on a Klingon ship. I love TNG, ENT, TOS, and to a lesser extent DS9.

I never really had a necessarily favorite episode, but if I had to say one it would be "Tapestry," the one where Picard dies and Q gives him the chance to change the way he lived. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Duzzkey said:

I never really had a necessarily favorite episode, but if I had to say one it would be "Tapestry," the one where Picard dies and Q gives him the chance to change the way he lived. 

'The Inner Light' was clearly the best Episode of TNG, followed closely by 'All Good Things'.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Duzzkey said:

No need to begin disrespecting my opinion :twi:

No disrespect intended. :derp:

Just now, Cherry-Pie said:

@Duzzkey

Oh yeah, I love the Q character, he is one of the things that elevates the show to being the best Trek. He's such a wild card. People bitch about the early seasons, but I thought the whole show was pretty solid. 

Indeed Q was such a popular character that they even decided to replicate him in FiM, and although I think post-reformation Discord is a bit hit and miss he was an excellent villain.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Concerned Bystander said:

'The Inner Light' was clearly the best Episode of TNG, followed closely by 'All Good Things'.

I don't know pony. I like the last season probably the least. I love the episode where they first meet the ferengi, and the one where the parasitic mind worms try to take over the federation. I thought the earlier seasons where more hard syfy, and the later ones had more of an emotional fantasy element attached. It's all good though, because it's one of the best shows ever made. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Lore Finder said:

So,etching tells me your the kind of person who, when someone asks you your favorite show, they ask you what your vfavorite is besides MLP.

The answer to that question would be Doctor Who, and that's been equally consistent as my second favorite as MLP is my first. No idea what my third favorite is.

2 minutes ago, Cherry-Pie said:

@Duzzkey

Oh yeah, I love the Q character, he is one of the things that elevates the show to being the best Trek. He's such a wild card. People bitch about the early seasons, but I thought the whole show was pretty solid. 

It was very solid and consistent aside from a few bad apples (Symbiosis -_-). It was honestly really hard to pick a favorite episode, considering how many are 10/10 masterpieces.

• Brohoof 1

The whole series taken together? Probably in the 8/10 ballpark. It isn't my favorite animated show, and it's far from my favorite show in general, but it's solid as Tom and it scratches that itch for genuine optimism in a cartoon. 

15 minutes ago, Cherry-Pie said:

That wasn't directed at me, but my favorites are Inner Light, BoBW part 1, Chain of Command (1 & 2), and Measure of a Man. The episode you mentioned was really decent as well. 

Lol, this topic be like

pony_trek_tng_by_willdrawforfood1-d3i5r3

Merge!

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Jeric said:

The whole series taken together? Probably in the 8/10 ballpark. It isn't my favorite animated show, and it's far from my favorite show in general, but it's solid as Tom and it scratches that itch for genuine optimism in a cartoon. 

That wasn't directed at me, but my favorites are Inner Light, BoBW part 1, Chain of Command (1 & 2), and Measure of a Man. The episode you mentioned was really decent as well. 

Chain Of Command is a super tense episode. One of the darkest ones I think. I love Warf, and any episode where he does stuff. He is both frightening and hilarious. 

• Brohoof 1