Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you like to see G5 animated this way?

Plonkett

Some time ago, Duo Cartoonist came up with this tool in Toon Boom Harmony called "Helios", which takes a 2d character and makes it with 3d pegs, giving it a hybridized look.

Just imagine seeing the characters in G5 look like that.

1 hour ago, King of Canterlot said:

It doesn't look too bad actually. It would be interesting to see the MLP characters animated using that technique even with the characters re-designs. 

G5 will have completely new characters. You're referring to the specials that come out after G4.

4 minutes ago, vgmaster9 said:

G5 will have completely new characters. You're referring to the specials that come out after G4.

New characters or not, I'm dropping out of MLP's fandom after G4 ends in 2020 (if it ever occurs by that year).

7 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

G4 rules and G5 drools!

The epitome of being closed-minded: not even willing to give something a chance before writing it off.

Also sorry to say but the show will likely not switch to Toon Boom Harmony. The software is super expensive to license out and it's expensive to use. That's why it mostly is reserved for feature films.

Advanced concepts usually take a measure of time that may be not fit well for a television series. Either way, I don't have my heart set on a style, though I would prefer 2D. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

The epitome of being closed-minded: not even willing to give something a chance before writing it off.

Also sorry to say but the show will likely not switch to Toon Boom Harmony. The software is super expensive to license out and it's expensive to use. That's why it mostly is reserved for feature films.

The leaks have clearly stated that the show WILL INDEED use Harmony. Plus, it isn't used used for movies, it's been used for tons of shows, like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Wonder Over Yonder, and many others.

(edited)
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, Jeric said:

Advanced concepts usually take a measure of time that may be not fit well for a television series. Either way, I don't have my heart set on a style, though I would prefer 2D. 

Yes that is very true. Obviously we won't see it animated this way, but it's still fun to think about.

There are two other possible ways it could be animated. It could be drawn frame by frame with the software' drawing tools, or could be rigged with this tool.

Edited by vgmaster9

95% of the time, I prefer straight-up 2D animation, whether it is drawn traditionally or with software like Flash. But this "2.5D" look isn't bad at all. I would be open to seeing ponies animated like this.

• Brohoof 2