Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

19 minutes ago, Valencia said:

I'm feeling a bit better :3 and these sentiments I agree with! ^_^

Good to hear this friend! Have you got any special  plans for the rest of the weekend my friends?:P

Anyway I feel (yawns) that it is time to my first........guess!........Yes. You won! Exactly! cup of coffee.

ll.thumb.JPG.aa7bc79e171d2d477f9e610dab1a4902.JPG

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 3

*passes @Fluttershy Friend a morning coffee and a slice of mocha cake - a rich dark chocolate cake to which instant espresso coffee was added before baking :)

Good morning everypony! Been a little light on the forums this weekend, but then, been spending time with friends offline, and spending time with friends is always good, either here or in the more rainy world :)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, CypherHoof said:

*passes @Fluttershy Friend a morning coffee and a slice of mocha cake - a rich dark chocolate cake to which instant espresso coffee was added before baking :)

Good morning everypony! Been a little light on the forums this weekend, but then, been spending time with friends offline, and spending time with friends is always good, either here or in the more rainy world :)

Thank you friend! *pours coffee into his Fluttershy cup*:P

"Rainy world?" It is England at last, isn't it? :D

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Thank you friend! *pours coffee into his Fluttershy cup*:P

"Rainy world?" It is England at last, isn't it? :D

There is much truth in that - in England, you can tell when it is finally summer, because the rain is warmer :)

Still, I have discovered owning a silver coloured car is more work than a red one - the inevitable splashes of mud are much more noticable, so require many more cleanings....

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

There is much truth in that - in England, you can tell when it is finally summer, because the rain is warmer :)

:lol:For many my countrymen and me personally the first thought about England's weather is rain and fogg.

Still, I have discovered owning a silver coloured car is more work than a red one - the inevitable splashes of mud are much more noticable, so require many more cleanings....

Believe me that I would be able to guess propely myself. I have white one. Every  ervery dirt is veeeeery visible from distance.^_^

• Brohoof 2

Well good morning my friends ! Now very late morning I have my coffee time. Happy to hear that all is well and likes the friends around in the forum. Must drink my coffee, it´s gets cold while typing here TS_noo.jpg.7b38e166f42ddf494926b284c6a731f4.jpg Today a nice snowy day with sun and heavy snow ?

Funny weather 10min bright sun, then 10min extremely heavy snowfall and then back to the sun. Not so cold and very dry air.

Same here, forum friends and coffee is the way to get a happy start.

@Fluttershy Friend Yes Maud Pie is the easiest pony to do emoticons of by far :) 

5a76d73f683f6_Rainbows_friends_pop_out_of_the_snow_S5E5.thumb.png.cdbfb990a5ba3b82aba6051a6ca6edc8.png

• Brohoof 1

Ok, so coffee related update :D

Was going shopping after picking up a coffee at costa, so got curious and looked for coconut milk. Turns out they have coconut milk, almond milk and a blend of the two on hand, for the lactose-intolerant, so I bought the latter; just have to decide what sort of coffee drink to make from it now :)

• Brohoof 1

Ok, so coffee related update :D

Was going shopping after picking up a coffee at costa, so got curious and looked for coconut milk. Turns out they have coconut milk, almond milk and a blend of the two on hand, for the lactose-intolerant, so I bought the latter; just have to decide what sort of coffee drink to make from it now :)

I'm curious about effect and flavour of coffee !:ooh::P

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Fluttershy Friend said:

I'm curious about effect and flavour of coffee !:ooh::P

So am I, which is why I bought it.

Will have to see if I picked up any of the stronger coffees - maybe the italian blend, or the espresso blend - so as not to overwhelm the coffee itself with the flavour of the milk.

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

So am I, which is why I bought it.

Will have to see if I picked up any of the stronger coffees - maybe the italian blend, or the espresso blend - so as not to overwhelm the coffee itself with the flavour of the milk.

Interesting, please come back with a review of how it was.

Soon dinner time over here, but then later, some coffee is needed again. TS_happy2.jpg.bb34dc2b1d96a7cd02ecb3100c11b0c7.jpg

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Maudileena said:

Interesting, please come back with a review of how it was.

Soon dinner time over here, but then later, some coffee is needed again. TS_happy2.jpg.bb34dc2b1d96a7cd02ecb3100c11b0c7.jpg

Well, first impressions? closer to meh than great.

Went with the sumatrian via an aeropress for a more espresso-style shot; the shot was noticably bitter so I added a little brown sugar to even that out.

Coconut/Almond milk heated ok in the latte heater, didn't seem to have any separation problems (which I read is an issue if you use a steam heater, so win there) and the resulting latte had good colour, and supported the shot well, but there wasn't as great a taste difference as I was expecting from the Costa version (of course Costa are using true espresso shots rather than the aeropress, so there is noticably more water in the aeropress result; some of that could be that this is also a mix, and the almond simply hasn't got as strong a flavour as the coconut)

so as a latte, this was actually fine (if I ever find myself lactose intolerant I will remember this, as the soy milk version is horrible; I could happily drink lattes with this as a milk substitute all day) but given the additional expense, I would not recommend it over my usual semi-skimmed milk.

I am bearing in mind though that this could be the fault of the added almond rather than straight coconut - I will get the coconut alone next time I shop there, and see how that holds up under this combo.

• Brohoof 2

Hello there everyone and how are you all doing. I got some coffee to drink when I got up. But since it is sunday there isn't much work for me to do except maybe some chores around the house.

• Brohoof 3

15 hours ago, Jade Fire said:

@Fluttershy Friend Awww! Thank you for these! Ill have to edit them right away! ^-^

I'm simply really glad.large.thumb.gif.2015f05656452bddddbe76888a084d01.gif

Today is Monday - the worst known day of the week:dry:. Only free day (no chance today in my case) or our mutual support (and coffee of course) can save us today!:squee:

So maybe something funny for the begininng.:D

DiscorderlyConduct - Baby Got Backtalk

In case with problem with quality you can read this mini comic also using this link. https://peachiekeenie.deviantart.com/art/DiscorderlyConduct-Baby-Got-Backtalk-484910366

• Brohoof 2