Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Non-Pony Species

Moonfire Dusk

Favorite non-pony species? I suppose the Griffons, it's the species we've seen the most of in the show and they have a pretty awesome history of their civilization too. Just because Gilda was redeemed doesn't mean I really like her.......... so I'll say that Gabby is my favorite Griffon, she was pretty adorable in that one episode! :wub:

Edited by King of Canterlot

The answer to both questions should be obvious from me.

full.png

MOTHER-BUCKIN' BLACTHORN!!!!!

full.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Actually, I do want to bring up another species that will likely remain comic exclusive; the umbrum. If we go by the comics it is the umbrum from which Sombra originated, and I kinda hope that remains canon for the show. Still, not sure if they want to scare the kids THAT much. ;)

Oh, and best Umbrum? I could say Sombra, but Rabia is a damned monster herself. She's the biggest one in the pic below.

full.jpg

I am quite fond of the changelings. Already liked them even before Thorax became king, he was definitely my favorite non-pony but that only increased when they reformed. I friggin love them now. Thorax and Pharynx are both cute (Though I am sure Pharynx wouldn't like me saying that) and the rest of the changelings are as well. I love their voices and activities. :3

• Brohoof 1

I think either the changelings or the yaks. The changelings are the most interesting to me, with the shapeshifting and the love feeding and all that, but I've always felt the yaks got the most respectful depiction out of all the non-pony groups in the show. Dragons, griffins, and even changelings tend to be really generalized and mostly unlikable. Of the changelings, my favourite is surely Thorax, who is totally adorable, but of non-pony characters in general both Gabby and Discord give him some tough competition. 

4 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

The answer to both questions should be obvious from me.

full.png

MOTHER-BUCKIN' BLACTHORN!!!!!

full.jpg

Not to sound rude, but didn't the deer in the comics 

Spoiler

Turned into jerks or something or am I just assuming from what I heard about it?

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Not to sound rude, but didn't the deer in the comics 

Hide contents

Turned into jerks or something or am I just assuming from what I heard about it?

Admittedly they didn't have the best characterization; King Aspen especially considering how he pretty much had the forest attack both Ponyville and Canterlot because of the actions of one Minotaur. That was easily one of Katie Cook's more stories in the comics. I can excuse Bramble for being a kid, but Blackthorn was pretty much the hero of that story.

Even considering Aspen's blunders, I like the deer in general.

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

Admittedly they didn't have the best characterization; King Aspen especially considering how he pretty much had the forest attack both Ponyville and Canterlot because of the actions of one Minotaur. That was easily one of Katie Cook's more stories in the comics. I can excuse Bramble for being a kid, but Blackthorn was pretty much the hero of that story.

Even considering Aspen's blunders, I like the deer in general.

I see. I did more research, and it sounded more like Poor Communications Kills with the deer. Well, at least one deer was able to come to a compromise. So, they're fine in my book. ;)

Just remind me never to put on a Performance of "Bambi" as Disney Storyteller to the inhabitants of Equestria; might give the wrong impression, wouldn't you think?:P

By the way, you said, 

4 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

That was easily one of Katie Cook's more stories in the comics

I feel like you're missing an important adjective in there. "More (what?)"

• Brohoof 1

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

I see. I did more research, and it sounded more like Poor Communications Kills with the deer. Well, at least one deer was able to come to a compromise. So, they're fine in my book. ;)

Just remind me never to put on a Performance of "Bambi" as Disney Storyteller to the inhabitants of Equestria; might give the wrong impression, wouldn't you think?:P

By the way, you said, 

I feel like you're missing an important adjective in there. "More (what?)"

Of course it didn't help that Well-To-Do was somewhat responsible for the lack of communication between Canterlot and Thicket; considering one of his goons kept capturing the messenger birds.

But yeah, I meant that was one of her more "poor stories," if you will.

• Brohoof 1