Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We shouldn't be scared to go to school.

Titans08Mariota

OK so this is a serious topic that I wanna talk about just because it's been on my mind for a little bit. Especially with all the recent events that have happened in all the reports in America people bringing guns to school and things of that nature. If you live in America chances are you've heard about the Florida incident. If you haven't heard about it yet I'll give you a rundown, a 19  Year old kid Named Nicholas Cruz Brought an AR15 to his former high school and shot and killed at Least 19 people.  Since then there have been over 9 reports of people bringing guns to school including one where a kid shot himself in his school's restroom.  Because of this children all over America or scared for their safety when going to school.  Including me. As of when this is made I am/was15 years old and in my sophomore year of high school. There have been 3 reports of people in my city bringing guns to school. Now I live in a pretty diverse school. there are people of all colors, shapes and sizes, weird and "cool".  So it is safe to say that there are  Plenty of "suspects"  Who could potentially do  Who could potentially do the sort of thing This sort of thing.  If anyone wants to talk about their experiences with this sort of problem that make and post it below and sorry about the weird typing I'm using my voice to type.

We shouldn't be scared to go anywhere.  

I have never had an experience like this.  But hearing stories like the recent shooting in Florida, plus the Las Vegas Shooting and even the famous Dylann Roof shooting in 2015 just boiled my blood.  

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Mirage said:

Change begins with bravery, not fear. Face the dangers of this world with your head held up high. Get aware and stand up for what right. Tolerate others, control yourself.

quote-loyalty-and-devotion-lead-to-bravery-bravery-leads-to-the-spirit-of-self-sacrifice-the-morihei-ueshiba-29-97-15.jpg

quote-do-not-look-upon-this-world-with-fear-and-loathing-bravely-face-whatever-the-gods-offer-morihei-ueshiba-188688.jpg

I completely agree. I'm not really afraid of anything happening. But I do keep an eye out.

• Brohoof 2

It's natural to be afraid when you feel threatened. Fear keeps you safe. That's the reason of this survival mechanism.

As to this happenings, it's a natural outcome as well, given that configuaration that resulted in said event.

For this to change, then multiple aspects, both sociological and personal, must be addressed. But I fear your society lacks the knowledge or wisdom to address such kind of condition. Meaning this form of entropy will continue to manifest, as a catalyst for the change of said social complex.

So, don't worry too much, it's all part of learning, both individually and as a group.

2 minutes ago, Porrot said:

It's people WITH GUNS. When will people realise that GUNS = DEATH?

Guns don't fire on their own do they...? 99.9% of the time, no they don't. 

Also, knives, bombs, fists, feet, and just about anything can be used to kill people too.

The world these days is a very scary one. People shoot people down all of the time, in all kinds of places. For reasons that are as stupid as looking at them funny or existing. 

Edited by ~Dusky~
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Porrot said:

That's what I meant.  Lots of messed up people out there who are in a need for help. 

42 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

Guns don't fire on their own do they...? 99.9% of the time, no they don't. 

Also, knives, bombs, fists, feet, and just about anything can be used to kill people too.

The world these days is a very scary one. People shoot people down all of the time, in all kinds of places. For reasons that are as stupid as looking at them funny or existing. 

Please wake up, America. Stop the killing.

• Brohoof 1

The issue is there needs to be stricter gun control laws enforced all across America. Nobody sane is saying to ban guns all together, it just shouldn’t be that easy to get your hands on something that could easily kill many people in a short amount of time, LEGALLY. Illegally is another story. Nobody can control that. I believe you should be able to own a gun, what I have an issue with is people having them when they are not mentally capable of having that responsibility and abuse it such as in these shootings. 

Honestly though if it’s for self defense you probably don’t need a freaking AR15 for that. A handgun seems a lot more practical. But that’s my opinion on the matter. I don’t like guns and that’s coming from someone who has handled a few and shot them. 

Edited by iceestarz
  • Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Porrot said:

Absolutely. It would be pretty difficult to do mass killings alone with a knife etc. Whereas a lone shooter with just one gun can kill multiple people extremely quickly. We had one mass school shooting in the uk back in the 90's, and guns were then banned. Have we had anymore mass shootings in schools since? Nope.

In the words of Bob Dylan "How many deaths will it take til he knows, that too many people have died?"

9 minutes ago, omgamapwny said:

Absolutely. It would be pretty difficult to do mass killings alone with a knife etc. Whereas a lone shooter with just one gun can kill multiple people extremely quickly. We had one mass school shooting in the uk back in the 90's, and guns were then banned. Have we had anymore mass shootings in schools since? Nope.

In the words of Bob Dylan "How many deaths will it take til he knows, that too many people have died?"

Lol you’re also talking about murica, where they would rather fight for their dumbass guns than care about the safety of their children :lol:

• Brohoof 3

At least put more law enforcement in schools and have people go through metal detectors, at least during school hours... I dunno.

Then again, the damage can always occur outside. At least once people are in school it’d be safe..