Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Starlight and Sunburst get married?

SaburoDaimando

So today, we got another focus on Starlight and Sunburst and their return to Sire's Hollow.  But this is something I have been curious to ask since Uncommon Bond.

Should these two get married one day?  Starlight and Sunburst being Wife and Husband.  Third Wedding of the series.   Maybe Chrysalis trying to crash this one like she did Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's wedding back in Season 2.

Because judging by their synergy, it feels like they may end up being a couple in the future, maybe settle down and have a foal or two to pass their knowledge of friendship on.

What do you all think?

• Brohoof 1

I don't really care either way. I'm not with it, but I'm not against it. Whatever the writers decide, I'm fine with! ;) Jeez who's gonna be Sunburst's best man though? He doesn't know many guys! Only Shining Armor and Spike! I know Starlight's Maid of Honor will be Trixie, with Twilight and Maud being the other bridesmaids! Yunno what? I want this episode to happen now!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No. I'm against any establish characters getting married. It was OK with Shining Armour and Cadence because we didn't know them, they weren't even introduced into the show until the season 2 finale. 

It just feels kinda weird, and besides, at this point considering how they don't show any feelings towards each other other than just being friends, and the fact that there's only two seasons left of MLP:FIM, the "marriage" of these two at least in the show, will never happen :please:

Of course, if you really wanted them to get married, you could write a fanfiction :P

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, King of Canterlot said:

No. I'm against any establish characters getting married. It was OK with Shining Armour and Cadence because we didn't know them, they weren't even introduced into the show until the season 2 finale. 

It just feels kinda weird, and besides, at this point considering how they don't show any feelings towards each other other than just being friends, and the fact that there's only two seasons left of MLP:FIM, the "marriage" of these two at least in the show, will never happen :please:

Of course, if you really wanted them to get married, you could write a fanfiction :P

I alway believe that fanfictions are the best way to show how you really want MLP to go.

(edited)

The only episode in which those two have actually had chemistry is 'The Parent Map' and it was probably enhanced by the two of them being tired of how their parents treated them.

I don't want them being together over their failed foalhood friendship, not with the weird chemistry they have. Sunburst has 10 times better chemistry with Twilight than with Starlight so, should they end up together they must build a better dynamic between them before actually getting together, otherwise they should stay just friends.

Edited by DonMaguz
Grammar/Spelling/Episode name

(edited)
11 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

So today, we got another focus on Starlight and Sunburst and their return to Sire's Hollow.  But this is something I have been curious to ask since Uncommon Bond.

Should these two get married one day?  Starlight and Sunburst being Wife and Husband.  Third Wedding of the series.   Maybe Chrysalis trying to crash this one like she did Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's wedding back in Season 2.

Because judging by their synergy, it feels like they may end up being a couple in the future, maybe settle down and have a foal or two to pass their knowledge of friendship on.

What do you all think?

It's a program for children and it's about friendship not for the adult people. and nothing happens because that does not count at all. Starlight is not even interested in Sunburst, they act as if they were brothers. :please:

9 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

the fanficfion is very fun and cool like knuckles and rouge get married, shadow or sonic and amy rose get married :P, but that has nothing to do with that. 

Edited by Van123
  • Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Van123 said:

It's a program for children and it's about friendship not for the adult people. and nothing happens because that does not count at all. Starlight is not even interested in Sunburst, they act as if they were brothers. :please:

Well first off, Starlight's female.  

And second off, there were two established weddings in the series.  There isn't anything wrong with that.

And third off.  The events of a CAnterlot Wedding showcased that anything can happen, even a giant Changeling Queen who wants to feed on love and nearly came close to conquering Canterlot.

15 minutes ago, Califorum said:

I don't think that they should, really. Is it just going to be a Chrysalis invasion all over again that gets defeated so easily? Boring.

My idea is that during Starlight's wedding, Chrysalis does try to invade, only to be brought down by a new power source that she acquired, forcing Starlight to save the former queen's life.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, SaburoDaimando said:

My idea is that during Starlight's wedding, Chrysalis does try to invade, only to be brought down by a new power source that she acquired, forcing Starlight to save the former queen's life.

Now that's something I'd like to see. Interesting idea!

(edited)
36 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

Well first off, Starlight's female.  

And second off, there were two established weddings in the series.  There isn't anything wrong with that.

And third off.  The events of a CAnterlot Wedding showcased that anything can happen, even a giant Changeling Queen who wants to feed on love and nearly came close to conquering Canterlot.

what about the season 6 finale ?, since queen chrysalis capture everyone in ponyville, what weddings were before, things has changed. They focus on the other characters, not the main ones. mlp are based on friendship and they will remain the same. 

Edited by Van123

• 1 year later...

I don't care either way. Childhood friend couple is one of many forms of shallow shipping, at least if that's the only thing that powers the ship. And the obsessive nature of their relationship is also not that healthy, it might make some interesting stories out of it, but they should deal with it properly beforehand.