Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced The Good King (OOC)

AnonyPoni

BUT I DON WANNA HELP, besides i took a look at it, your doing fine with just you jade and TAO, you guys dont need me on the story, XP

I was going to write a long reason why that isn't true, but I think the collective writer's block we are all having isn't helping.....

BUT I DON WANNA HELP, besides i took a look at it, your doing fine with just you jade and TAO, you guys dont need me on the story, XP

We could still use your help, though. Even adding anything can help us get out of writers block.

This is the part where I wished we could get some artists or BE some artists, and make this whole freaking thing a comic. Because, you know, that'd be cool.

And way easier to Write. Now if only the drawing was possible.....

Ugh, I cant figure out how to write this damn fic >..<

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c-7J3NSjcedMxgBF7s9jqHNV0WIszCRvZgT3dRzRJJs/edit

^^that's the first chapter of the fic

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YPDzERWAq1kjvyx9v4Pc1hXzbd1tJxMMUYYriTYErcM/edit

^^The intro, which need just as much work.......

Good news, Jadefire actually gave us a head start on the fic. Now we just got to keep going which means I actually need to work on it....

We change all the characters to be a bit more interesting?

-First off, Indigo, Shiri and Sule can be the boring serious ones.

-Secondly, Indigo will also be the one with the drinking problem

Also, please don't do that thing where all the character's parents died and shit. And lastly, we need one character that provides all of the comedy throughout the fic, to balance things out. 

Maybe kill one of the main characters in the end?

My main concern is Tyrannus's name. I know it's cool and all, but it does seem like a cartoonishly sinister name to give to a story's villain. So I vote we rename Tyrannus before the fic is published. Perhaps Semper?

We change all the characters to be a bit more interesting?

-First off, Indigo, Shiri and Sule can be the boring serious ones.

-Secondly, Indigo will also be the one with the drinking problem

Also, please don't do that thing where all the character's parents died and shit. And lastly, we need one character that provides all of the comedy throughout the fic, to balance things out. 

Maybe kill one of the main characters in the end?

balance is boring, but i call the main charicter death, like i dunno, midnight protects sule from magic, i dunno

balance is boring, but i call the main charicter death, like i dunno, midnight protects sule from magic, i dunno

Denied.

I had some of my own thoughts on what happens to the characters at the end. I won't mention any of them until it happens so you'll all be surprised.

Anyway, Tyrannus's name. Should we call him that in the fic, or give him a different name?

(edited)

Semper sounds pretty cool, but it I'm not sure. Maybe we can go with another Latin name? Something a bit less obvious than tyrant?

That said, we (at least i) thought sic semper tyrannus was really clever....

Denied.

I had some of my own thoughts on what happens to the characters at the end. I won't mention any of them until it happens so you'll all be surprised.

I hope you don't mean that clop/scrabble r34 thing, because im gonna officially veto that.

To say nothing about unofficial fanfics for a fanfic (just look at FoE)

Anyway, as for character backgrounds, their stories all make sense in their time, if you think about it. However, I think midnight's story needs work.... A lot of work (no offense)

Don't make me pull out Dr twilight again. Your character is gonna live whether you like it or not.

Why? Because we need you.

Edited by AnonyPoni

you dont need me, your doing just fine on your own, ive seen what you guys have been doing and your doing fine

You say that as if I believe you

and we need your character. Deal with it. 

We also need your occasional bursts of genius that actually improve the story a lot

You say that as if I believe you

and we need your character. Deal with it. 

We also need your occasional bursts of genius that actually improve the story a lot

bursts of genius? nnnnn thats kinda streaching it by a wide margin, and since i know your going to dissagree again, name one time.

(edited)

bursts of genius? nnnnn thats kinda streaching it by a wide margin, and since i know your going to dissagree again, name one time.

Better yet, I'll name several

A) Shiri was created by you, and she's now part of team archon

B )YOU MADE UP NOVA who is the most important baddie in the story

C) You gave Midnight magic powers, and while they are a bit overdone, it does work for the story and helped it.

D) Midnight's sister is Dusk, which was a great name and a great monster

E) Your scene with the ghosts of the souls tyrannus ruined was really cool and artistic

F) Clone chrys was cool chrys

G, H, I, J.....) <---all the times you didn't really listen to me and ended up making the story much better.

Refute this if you want, because I know you will, but the story would have been nothing without you.

How do you like dem apples

Edited by AnonyPoni
  • Brohoof 1

Well, school's started for me. I managed to make my schedule a bit better in terms of not overloading myself. Today is one of my free days, so I'll help on the fic again.

That said, I have an idea for another actual RP post.....

Well, school's started for me. I managed to make my schedule a bit better in terms of not overloading myself. Today is one of my free days, so I'll help on the fic again.

That said, I have an idea for another actual RP post.....

Writing more into the riot/protest in the fanfic would be much obliged. It may give me a little more to work with.

Speaking of which, I do have an idea for an RP post as well. Funny how we all have ideas, but the RP is still stagnant.

• 3 weeks later...

....OK.... If we have ideas for the RP, go ahead and suggest it.

My idea was to have the army that was in the forest retreat and regroup. Sule will give a speech to inspire everypony, and there will be a battle to protect canterlot (which is a small village). I had another crazy battle strategy as well.

Or something like that

Oh weekend, you're my only time to write stuff.... if only I didn't have a long list of stuff to write <..<

anyway, I'll try to continue Ch1 of the fic this weekend, though me writing stuff doesn't seem to make much sense when Jadefire just rewrites it in a much, much better way...

Writing more into the riot/protest in the fanfic would be much obliged. It may give me a little more to work with.

Speaking of which, I do have an idea for an RP post as well. Funny how we all have ideas, but the RP is still stagnant.

I'll write something soon. (Remind me to do it this weekend if I forgets...)

Where do you guys thing CH 1 should end? I mean... if we dont know then we have nothing to work up to....

you dont need me, your doing just fine on your own, ive seen what you guys have been doing and your doing fine

Dem sum tasteh apples bruh.

Yeah, you should stay Midnight. You've come up with a lot of cool stuff for this RP.

I just watched the Brony Doc, and it was amazing.

Now, for actual TGK stuff. A while ago (new years, actually) I asked somepony on the forums to draw the Characters for TGK. To my utter amazement, she actually did it :) She did all nine maneish character (Sule, Indigo, Midnight, NF, Shiri, Glaive, Tyrannus, and Nova). They're just some pencil drawings, but it was really nice of her to do that. Right now, she's finishing up Sule and Night Flash, and I'll post them all as soon as she's done.

Now, for TGK itself. First off, Jadefire and I (mostly Jadefire) are working with chapter one (were' almost done... or we're halfway through, depending on when we decide to end it....). Its still not really that close to completion, but it's getting there.... ish. I think we should also start Chapter 2 while we're at it, but that's probably just me...

For the RP, i'm seriously considering us trying to finish it up. Look, I know the battle has been tough, long winded, and no pony really wants to do any mega posts, but I think we should start posting on the RP again. I sorta have an idea for the battle and how we can make the whole thing work (assuming that we can get midnight and Shiri back with Team Archon). We just need to get the characters moving again, and some plot flowing (can plots flow?)

And if you're worried about the 800 character thing, keep in mined that this message (^^^) is almost 1000 characters. Its really not that much.

srsly guys, reply to this damn thread

So, how 'bout that conversation topic?

Yeah, I got nothing. I do have an idea on what to post in the RP itself, but we'll see what Anony has to say in his upcoming post.

(edited)

Dem sum tasteh apples bruh.

Yeah, you should stay Midnight. You've come up with a lot of cool stuff for this RP.

So, how 'bout that conversation topic?

Yeah, I got nothing. I do have an idea on what to post in the RP itself, but we'll see what Anony has to say in his upcoming post.

Ok, so there is a lot of discrepancy in the RP in terms of population. In order to get this whole thing to work, we need to fix that.

First off, Chiroptera (including surrounding farms/factories/and small settlements) has a population of around 1.5 million Malumai.

In contrast, Equestria has around around 10 million ponies. I'm not sure the exact proportion of types of ponies, though. That's the number in Equestria itself, and doesn't include all of the ponies who aren't there yet (not sure though).

Ok, now for army size. The Malumai army is around 300,000 strong. When Sule and his loyalists were run out of the city, about 95,000 came with him (going along with Tyrannus's comment that Sule took a third of the army).

The Equestrian army is excess of 500,000 regulars who were formerly in their respective tribal armies until they were mixed into joint forces. 300,000 are Pegasi (which makes them comparable to the Malumai army in terms of pony power), 100,000 are unicorns and 100,000 are unicorns (give or take). However, they have a lot of reserve Earth Pony and Unicorn soldiers (pretty much all of the Pegasi soldiers were regulars) who don't always serve. Including them, the result is 900,000.

As a gesture of good faith, the Equestrians sent around 120,000 soldiers (again, give or take), which technically outnumbered the Malumai in their own camp. When it turned out that they really... really needed reinforcements, the Equestrians sent their whole military, including the reserve (900,000). There is a lot of soldiers. However, they're still outnumbered.

Nova's Alicorns are 10,000 strong. While that may seem like nothing, but remember these are freaking Alicorns. Only around 300 were in the actual battle for Chiroptera.

Ok, let's talk what happened when the Alicorns attacked Equestria. NF took the entire army with him to defend it from the Alicorns. While TAO says most of the Equestrians died, there is really no realistic way we could win this war with only 15,000 soldiers Here's something a bit more realistic. During the battle, a huge HUGE amount of the forces retreated. Like, most of them retreated back to their settlements to defend their new homes. 25,000ish are still with NF. 50,000 were captured by Nova, while 25,000 were killed in the battle or after being captured. 800,000 that retreated are scattered around Equestria now.

Still with me? Good

Now, the Malumai had 300,000 ponies in their army and are giving as much resources as they can. When Sule came to see Indigo, he brought 300 Malumai to the forest, along with the 25,000 Equestrians.

Ok, these numbers are all very nicely rounded, but it's good enough.

TL;DR Here's the tally.

Chiroptera: 1.5 million

Equestria: 10 million

Battle of Chiroptera

Loyalist Army (Malumai army that stayed with Sule): 95,000

Initial "Good Will" Equestrian Army (all regulars): 120,000

Equestrian Army Regulars: 500,000

Equestrian Reserve: 400,000

Equestrian Army Total: 900,000

Joint Equestrian and Malumai Forces (Initial Battle for Chiroptera): 215,000

Joint Equestrian and Malumai Forces (After Equestrian Reinforcements): 995,000

Nova’s Alicorns at Chiroptera Battle: 300 or so

Battle for Equestria

Nova’s Alicorns (total): 10,000

Equestrian Forces (retreat): 800,000

Equestrian Forces (captured): 50,000

Equestrian Forces (dead): 25,000

Equestrian Forces currently under command of Night Flash: 25,000

Malumai Forces (full): 300,000

Sule’s Forces who came with him to the forest: 300

Ok, now for the plan. All the Equestrians have retreated out the forest, while the Malumai are still covering the retreat. The forest is ablaze. While the Alicorns are in the forest, Starcrest is going to start firing the cannons on them. All that’s going to do is freak out the Alicorns and Nova (and also the Malumai which are dodging for their life). The Malumai manage to get out of the forest and meet up with the Equestrians. Sule gets kidnapped by Nova during the retreat.

Sule gets to meet up with Midnight, Shiri, and the 50,000 Captured Equestrians. They incite a riot and all escape. They’ll meet up with Indigo, who’s at Canterlot. They make a plan to fight the Alicorns (which i’ll come up with later).

Thoughts?

In hindsight, these numbers may just be tooo big

Check the next post I did :/

Edited by AnonyPoni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KufiqCh3Qd4

Anyway, I had figured that the number of soldiers was "a lot", and the number of soldiers in the final battle where the forces aren't split as "a butt load". I don't think the exact numbers matter, as long as we know it's at least over 100,000 and how big the different armies are when compared to each other.

I just thought of something. If I'm understanding the numbers correctly, the number of ponies vastly outweight the number of Nova's supersoldiers. Even as powerful as they are, I think they might be defeated pretty easily by the good guys by their sheer weight in numbers. After all, can an alicorsoldier defend itself against 10 ponies stabbing it at the same time?

• Brohoof 1

So jadefire and I had a talk and he basically made my whole population post look rather dumb. He pointed out that out of sheer numbers, it wouldn't be hard to beat the Alicorns.

So I revised some of the numbers. This time I used math to figure out this whole thing, so there is going to be a lot of retcon in this post, so stay tuned.

Ok, with a population of 1.5 million, there is no way the Malumai would be able to maintain an army of 300,000. It's simply impossible for their size and the type of society they live in. So, after rethinking it, thanks to being an industrial society and Tyrannus' paranoia, I say the MAX army they can have is 100,000. However, there is no way they'd be able to maintain an army where 7% of their population are regular soldiers. So, just like Equestria, they have a reserve. 30,000 are regular soldiers, while the other 2/3 are reserve. When Sule was sacked, he took a third of the army with him, most of which were regulars. I should point out that they need to make a big deal about how big their army is an how hard it is to maintain.

During the war with the Pegasi, both armies were 100,000, which is why the Pegasi took the Malumai threat seriously. However, in order to support a military like that, they need a population 5 million ponies (JUST Pegasi). The Malumai are really straining their resources to maintain their army, but the Pegasi's army size is much more maintainable. The difference is that all of the Pegasi soldiers are regulars. Keep in mind that the Pegasi are a military society and don't need to farm (think Sparta).

This makes me have to revise the whole population of everypony :/ The entire population of Equestrians is now 17 million, with Pegasi being 5 million, Unicorns being 4 million, and Earth Ponies have 8 million. Now, NOT ALL of them are technically in Equestria, but are still going there.

So the Earth Ponies and Unicorns have militaries as well. The Unicorns don't have a military society, but more of a "knight" system, were nobles are in the military. They have under 10,000 regulars (like officers), but have 40,000 reserve. Keep in mind they don't need to farm as well.

Now the Earth Ponies have to be more populous, since they actually need to FARM. Their "army" is under 50,000, but they're pretty much all reserve. I also think they could just have ponies from the country side come and fight when they are really being harassed. Plus they all gotta farm, ya know?

Nova still has 10,000 Alicorns, but remember all those Alicorns are former Malumai, which is a really huge part of their population. So that can't go addressed. I'm not saying we don't have that many Alicorns, i'm just saying that we need to make a bigger deal about it.

TL;DR Here's the NEW tally.

Chiroptera: 1.5 million
Equestria: 17 million

Battle of Chiroptera
Loyalist Army (Malumai army that stayed with Sule): 30,000
Initial "Good Will" Equestrian Army: 40,000
Equestrian Army Regulars: 110,000
Equestrian Reserve: 90,000
Equestrian Army Total: 200,000

Joint Equestrian and Malumai Forces (Initial Battle for Chiroptera): 70,000
Joint Equestrian and Malumai Forces (After Equestrian Reinforcements): 230,000 
Nova’s Alicorns at Chiroptera Battle: 300 or so

Battle for Equestria
Nova’s Alicorns (total): 10,000
Equestrian Forces (retreat): 150,000
Equestrian Forces (captured): 40,000
Equestrian Forces (dead): 50,000
Equestrian Forces currently under command of Night Flash: 5,000
Malumai Forces (full): 100,000
Sule’s Forces who came with him to the forest: 300

This is a lot retcon, but it makes a bit more sense :P

Srsly guys, Gimme a brohoof or something for this. I did a lot of math and logic for this. If you see any problems,let me know

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

@@The Awesome One,

@@Jadefire,

@,  

Alright, so I had one of Nova's Alicorns "Archon-nap" Sule. You know what that means? Time for another one of my annoying delegating posts. i recognize that it's mainly Jade and me doing this, with TAO sorta in when he can. I got no clue bout Midnight (you confusing sometimes)

Right after Sule is taken, Indigo realizes that their under attack from those giant explosions (da cannons). He evacuates any Malumai soldiers still in the forest. The Alicorns, which are completely confused, stay trapped in the burning forest while they either burn alive or get finished by the cannons. Indigo is now in charge of the Malumai forces. He'll go to the ledge with NF and Glaive to think about their strategy. The rest of the armies rest.

I'll take some time detailing a strategy they can use to fight the bad guys later...

Also, take note that Equestria is is under attack by scary Alicorns. I think the Unicorns have more worries than raising the sun. As a result, it stays night this whole time.

Sule is going to be taken to the "POW" camp where Midnight, Shiri, and much of the Equestrian Military are being held. The Alicorns have set up some sort of magical field where no unicorns can escape. Essentially, they're trapped. However, Sule, Shiri, and Midnight organize a little riot that catches Nova off guard. A unicorn (whom Sule talks to before hand) quickly uses this distracted moment to teleport to the ledge where the Malumai army is. He (or she) will tell Starcrest to start firing the cannons in that general directions, to scramble the Alicorns and allowing Sule to lead the prisoners to freedom. Sule is going to use this to his advantage for a strategy he comes up with.

We'll think of what to do next from there

I'll also think of the next Clover vs Assassin post some other time.