Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced The Good King (OOC)

AnonyPoni

My idea was that since the dome isn't penetrable, Indigo attacked the encampment to attack the forces camped out outside the dome, which is significantly lighter. Then during the battle, the dome is broken, which allows the bulk of Nova's forces to join the battle, which quickly starts to go awry for the Malumai. This prompts the decision to retreat, but the cannon-fire and the battle gives Sule the cover he needs to escape and head to Canterlot.

From there, we can then go with your plan. (Sule arrives, inspiring speech, and so on). This doesn't seem like it'll deter from your plan very much.

Yeah well... Um uh....

Ok that works, but you should think about that Indigo contemplating the Archonship thing.

But if this is all the case, then ok. This should work

• 4 weeks later...

i read your post, in this thread, but i think i still ignored it XP, sorry bout that, unless the "conditioning" works into when midnight controlled by nova comes in.

My idea was a little bit less dramatic. Indigo launches his attack on the encampment and order the artillery cannons to bombard the camp. The battle ends with a overwhelming victory for the Indigo as the alicorns get slaughtered; however, the dome is dissolved (by Sule's action) almost at the end, and the rest of the alicorn army inside the dome scramble to action. The attack, however, does allow Sule and the prisoners to escape to behind the Maluma forces unharmed. Indigo then orders a retreat, and the Malumai regroup elsewhere after the battle is over.

Maybe. It's a little late in the RP and we're all posting slowly, but we might be able to work you in.

@AnonyPoni, perhaps we can throw in Muspel as one the unicorn soldiers Sule is working with under the dome?

I have no idea what I was thinking, but I decided to go through TGK and find everything wrong with it in a CinemaSins style thing.

And I'm not even done with it yet :P Uh... this wasn't meant to insult anypony or the story, but just to poke fun at the flaws in it :P I mean, some of it is helpful, but don't take all of it TOO seriously

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AwdXHcEiJcJget_JiSsyFQT6-M404R8XxLBLpxWq37g/edit

Have fun? I dunno. I'll update it when I get time.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna make a post too but I need to know what I should post about and get this RP back on tack because the story was finally getting interesting again.

Also, from now on, I'll try to add a bit more character into my OC.

(edited)

I wanna make a post too but I need to know what I should post about and get this RP back on tack because the story was finally getting interesting again.

Also, from now on, I'll try to add a bit more character into my OC.

Night Flash's Army size is incredibly small now due to deaths, prisoners, and deserters (I imagine NF is sorta pissed about that). Because of that, Indigo's probably calling most of the shots since the VAST majority of soldiers are malumai now. You can decide if there's going to be friction between you and Indigo.

There should be a post in the OOC that details the right numbers to help you wrap your head around it (they're probably too high, but it's the proportions that really matter)

Also, since Sule is in POW camp, Indigo technically the Archon now.

RIGHT now, Indigo ordered his troops to attack some Alicorn camps near the Dome. The Dome is impenetrable for various reasons (though Midnight's sorta broken that rule a few times). The fight is just starting.

My plan was to destroy the dome while your fight was going on. The Alicorns under the Dome would have to go support the ones fighting the Armies, giving the Prisoners a chance to overpower whoever's left and making a run for Canterlot.

Canterlot may be nothing more than a tiny settlement, but it's sorta one of those "symbolic" things. Canterlot symbolizes the unity, good faith, and tolerance between ponies and their new life as a nation. I'd imagine Nova's plan is too destroy it. Doing so basically undermines the Equestrian dream and would make the whole thing fall apart, which Nova can take advantage of. 

So basically, the POWs (and whoever else decides to join the fight) begin to get ready for a fight. Sule gives a speech (and probably builds some cannons in the mountains). The Alicorns attack (in a way that hopefully wont be too cliche). While everypony is barely holding them off, the rest of the army (led by NF and Indigo) are supposed to come to help save the day.

Again, at lot of this is planned in the future, and with TGK's track record a lot of it is still up in the air. 

What YOU need to know now is that there are Alicorns to fight (Nova isn't there, though.) Any other questions?

I feel like my CinemaSins parody might've helped the RP in more ways that I thought. I should work on that :P

Edited by AnonyPoni

Okay, got it. I'll get started on it right now but I apologize in advance if my posts seems lame because I haven't RP'ed in a long time.

Also, I'd rather take the desertions out of the armies reasons of being so small but I'll do one thing, by now, I'm pretty sure NF's army (which is all Equestria has left save for reserves which are protecting Equestria itself) are now reluctant to follow NF's command.

• Brohoof 1

So basically, the POWs (and whoever else decides to join the fight) begin to get ready for a fight. Sule gives a speech (and probably builds some cannons in the mountains). The Alicorns attack (in a way that hopefully wont be too cliche). While everypony is barely holding them off, the rest of the army (led by NF and Indigo) are supposed to come to help save the day.

Just food for though, but symbolism or no, a bunch of escapees defending a small, unfortified settlement against an entire army seems ludicrous, and there isn't really the equipment or  time to build cannons.

Why not rejoin the army and force one final battle (Ghastly Gorge would work well as a chokepoint)?

Either way, can I start off the battle (would just involve Muspel and the nurses getting the wounded moving, maybe killing one alicorn.)?

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, at least take out the cannons. Think about it, it would take a lot of metal, where will you get that?

We drill the cannons... IN THE MOUNTAIN ITSELF :V

Either we get awesome badassery, or a broken mountain.

Speaking of Badassery, For your fight you guys are in, remember you also have Glaive.

Just food for though, but symbolism or no, a bunch of escapees defending a small, unfortified settlement against an entire army seems ludicrous, and there isn't really the equipment or  time to build cannons.

Why not rejoin the army and force one final battle (Ghastly Gorge would work well as a checkpoint)?

That would be a tad bit convenient, not to mention it might cause the "two armies stand on opposite sides of the field to fight" cliche. 

And I think the Canterlot thing seems like a pretty reasonable decision for Sule and his compadres to make. Instead of fighting the alicorns or trying to survive somewhere else, they go to the town that Nova's probably going to attack next ASAP in hope to at least slow him down a little. Regrouping with the army seems like an additional move which'll lose time.

Just the way I see it. Not to mention ghastly gorge is pretty out of the way for them (I drew a map!... somewhere)

Either way, can I start off the battle (would just involve Muspel and the nurses getting the wounded moving, maybe killing one alicorn.)?

I guess so, but I didn't thing it would be an all out fight in the camp.

I actually kind of imagined Equestria like this:

When the ponies stopped fighting with each other (thanks to Clover and Co.), they setup Equestria which was made up of existing earth, pegasi and unicorn pony settlements but then they realized they needed a capital city, so they made Canterlot and constructed a big castle in the middle of it because as I mentioned in my posts that Rainbow Dash's character from the play (whatever the name was) is very old at the time of his death so I imagine by now Canterlot is a medium size city rather a small village.

I actually kind of imagined Equestria like this:

When the ponies stopped fighting with each other (thanks to Clover and Co.), they setup Equestria which was made up of existing earth, pegasi and unicorn pony settlements but then they realized they needed a capital city, so they made Canterlot and constructed a big castle in the middle of it because as I mentioned in my posts that Rainbow Dash's character from the play (whatever the name was) is very old at the time of his death so I imagine by now Canterlot is a medium size city rather a small village.

This is the part where I point out that one of TGK's sins is that it's never made clear how long after the founding of equestria all this stuff happens.

Good point, but we can quickly figure that out. Looking at the play in the show, we still can't tell how old the actual Pegasi commander was then but he was pretty old during the time of this RP. So a minimum of 30 years seems possible, that should be enough for Canterlot to be bigger than a small village.

Good point, but we can quickly figure that out. Looking at the play in the show, we still can't tell how old the actual Pegasi commander was then but he was pretty old during the time of this RP. So a minimum of 30 years seems possible, that should be enough for Canterlot to be bigger than a small village.

Not so sure. Jade and I were working around the concept that equestria is only about a few months to a year old.

Also, clover the clever is around the same age she was in the play, so it probably hasn't been that long.

Regrouping with the army seems like an additional move which'll lose time.

But what would bye gained by getting to Canterlot; you'd still be in the same situation, only with more civilians in the way.

If you worry about Sul's speech, I see no reason why he can't give it to the army.

But what would bye gained by getting to Canterlot; you'd still be in the same situation, only with more civilians in the way.

If you worry about Sul's speech, I see no reason why he can't give it to the army.

Nova's actually attacking canterlot, whether or not the Army is in the way. He's not chasing after the military, nor does he have any reason to.

A huge Malumai and Equestrian Army sure can. We're currently attacking the dome or area right outside the dome, if Nova does try to attack Canterlot, he'll have to get out of this battle first, won't he?

That's the point. Nova's gonna need some time regrouping which would allow the army (which should be more or less airborne by now) to find a suitable position to cut him off from Canterlot and force a battle..

A huge Malumai and Equestrian Army sure can. We're currently attacking the dome or area right outside the dome, if Nova does try to attack Canterlot, he'll have to get out of this battle first, won't he?

Probably. Somepony's gotta retreat/giveup

Also let's take a look at this.

PPPP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

P = prisoners

A = Alicorns

* = Front Lines

M= Malumai/Equestrian Armies

So this is (very simplified) the location of each party when the Dome is down and the fighting outside has escalated. Due to being out numbered a bit, a lot of the Alicorns from the Dome have probably gone to help the fight. Now, for the prisoners to meet up with the Armies at this point, they would need to (basically) go towards the alicorns and the fighting, both of which a reasonable prisoner in this case would not run towards.

If you ask "well, why would they go to Canterlot? It won't make any difference...." you're probably right. I figured it was an interesting idea for story telling reasons, which is why I suggested it.

So maybe this whole future part of the RP needs to be rethought...

So this is (very simplified) the location of each party when the Dome is down and the fighting outside has escalated. Due to being out numbered a bit, a lot of the Alicorns from the Dome have probably gone to help the fight. Now, for the prisoners to meet up with the Armies at this point, they would need to (basically) go towards the alicorns and the fighting, both of which a reasonable prisoner in this case would not run towards.

Or, since we're talking a dome of several kilometer radius and most of the prisoners wouldn't have a clue where Canterlot was anyway, they'd just try to contact some of the army forces to learn the camps location. With the dome down and Nova preoccupied with Midnight this shouldn't be much of a problem.

I figured it was an interesting idea for story telling reasons, which is why I suggested it. So maybe this whole future part of the RP needs to be rethought...

Wouldn't nned too much changing, the essentials can still be the same (Sul going up against Nova Malumnai and Equestrians fihting side by side to protect Equestria), just think 300 instead of Helm's Deep.

Or, since we're talking a dome of several kilometer radius and most of the prisoners wouldn't have a clue where Canterlot was anyway, they'd just try to contact some of the army forces to learn the camps location. With the dome down and Nova preoccupied with Midnight this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Perhaps we can have Muspel contact the armies, but I figured there would be intense fighting on that front, so chit chat might not end up well there. Also, are you referring to the Army camp?

Also, while all the prisoners might not know where canterlot is, Sule and his crew are (sorta) 'organizing' the evac. One of them is bound to know where Canterlot is :P

So the Allies (that's what I'm going to call the Malumai Equestrian forces from now on) will simply reach a stalemate with the Alicorns and the fight will get nowhere until the prisoners remove the shield?

(Thank you. I was getting tired of writing Malumai/Equestrian)

Since the Allies now have cannons, hopefully Indigo is a slightly better stategizer, the Allied army outnumbers the Alicorns, and the Malumai are fresh and itching for a fight, hopefully all these factors work together to help the Allies actually make a huge dent in the Alicorn army, perhaps even defeating it entirely

@,

Major discussion going on in here.