Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced The Good King (OOC)

AnonyPoni

may I join as a princess of another kingdom?

I think this roleplay sounds fun, if you are still accepting.

Er... before I say no, let me explain the situation this "RP" is in.

We're rather old, as RPs go. We've been around for a strangely long time and somehow were still "here." However, we're not "here" that much. Like, TAO often gone, and Midnight tries to leave every once and a while. Jade and I are often too busy to work on posts.

Also, we sorta have a reputation of making Megaposts. As a result, we've built a really cool story. However, most of the story has run its course. As we speak, we're thinking of how it ends. This is not so much of a RP as a collaborative novel. Which explains why it takes months for us to post :/

I also don't think we have room for another character in the story, definitely not a princess.

Sorry :( but i'm going to have to decline.

THAT SAID, if you can convince the other three..... I'll reconsider, but you're going to have to make up a character much more suited to the world we made or take on an existing one. And you're going to have to learn all the TGK stuff (which, trust me, is tough) and you have to some how bring this whole story back to life for it to close, since it's near it ending. 

Er... before I say no, let me explain the situation this "RP" is in.

We're rather old, as RPs go. We've been around for a strangely long time and somehow were still "here." However, we're not "here" that much. Like, TAO often gone, and Midnight tries to leave every once and a while. Jade and I are often too busy to work on posts.

Also, we sorta have a reputation of making Megaposts. As a result, we've built a really cool story. However, most of the story has run its course. As we speak, we're thinking of how it ends. This is not so much of a RP as a collaborative novel. Which explains why it takes months for us to post :/

I also don't think we have room for another character in the story, definitely not a princess.

Sorry :( but i'm going to have to decline.

THAT SAID, if you can convince the other three..... I'll reconsider, but you're going to have to make up a character much more suited to the world we made or take on an existing one. And you're going to have to learn all the TGK stuff (which, trust me, is tough) and you have to some how bring this whole story back to life for it to close, since it's near it ending. 

Oh, it's fine. I was just wondering. I don't want to bug your other players, I still have a fun roleplay that I am in.

Thanks so much for understanding.

Oh the things I do for you guys, even though you're never here :/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auxvbfsqhda85b3/IMG_20130224_175707.jpg

Here is a really really really bad sketch of Equestria i made and of the movements of all the forces during the battles. Now, this looks like a garbled mess (because it is) but it all mostly works out. I just was trying to figure out where the POW/Alicorn camp was, and this made me find it.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

im going to pop in on one of my rare posts here, but......what in the flying nightmare moon is that? i....i dont even

anyway, i tried to make a post the other day, and i THOUGHT i had it down pat, but i seriously couldnt think of anything else, i tried to pad it up a bit, make it to the char limit.....but goddamnit, MLPFORUMS Y U NO EASY

y-u-no-guy.jpg

Edited by Midnight_moon
  • Brohoof 1

im going to pop in on one of my rare posts here, but......what in the flying nightmare moon is that? i....i dont even

anyway, i tried to make a post the other day, and i THOUGHT i had it down pat, but i seriously couldnt think of anything else, i tried to pad it up a bit, make it to the char limit.....but goddamnit, MLPFORUMS Y U NO EASY

y-u-no-guy.jpg

Yes, that drawing shows q bit of my sanity. The good news is now I know where everypony is.

Hmm, your post isn't long enough? Why don't you send it to me on skype. I'll see if I can help out.

• 1 month later...

Holy diamond dog! I found the thread!

Yeah I'm posting to bring this up. I talked to Midnight, and I hope jade is willing to rejuvenate the RP for summer

I'll hopefully get a post out as soon I can.

Note: I'll be moving to Belgium over the summer. Expect no internet for a while when it happens

you dont need me, your doing just fine on your own, ive seen what you guys have been doing and your doing fine

Writing more into the riot/protest in the fanfic would be much obliged. It may give me a little more to work with.

Speaking of which, I do have an idea for an RP post as well. Funny how we all have ideas, but the RP is still stagnant.

Alright, Posted. I was going to have more than that, but after a while my train of thought derailed and I decided I should post SOMETHING. These next few weeks for me are going to be hell in terms of school, but I'll see if I can finish up the POW thing

Jade, if you wanna post something about the whole army regrouping, go ahead

Midnight, the whole 'midnight controlled by nova thing' will come in later. You'll see I think... Sorry I changed stuff up from your original vision.... Anyway, if you decided to ignore me and post anyway, that's fine, but remember that Sule is going to be protected by pretty much a posse of guys now, led by Sift Sage

sooooo yeah. Let's hope our next post wont take over a month (I'm really sorry about that.....)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, Posted. I was going to have more than that, but after a while my train of thought derailed and I decided I should post SOMETHING. These next few weeks for me are going to be hell in terms of school, but I'll see if I can finish up the POW thing

Jade, if you wanna post something about the whole army regrouping, go ahead

Midnight, the whole 'midnight controlled by nova thing' will come in later. You'll see I think... Sorry I changed stuff up from your original vision.... Anyway, if you decided to ignore me and post anyway, that's fine, but remember that Sule is going to be protected by pretty much a posse of guys now, led by Sift Sage

sooooo yeah. Let's hope our next post wont take over a month (I'm really sorry about that.....)

i read your post, in this thread, but i think i still ignored it XP, sorry bout that, unless the "conditioning" works into when midnight controlled by nova comes in.

• 3 weeks later...

*claps a lot*

Great job, guys! 7 posts in one month? I didn't think it was possible!

But looking at what's happening, it would appear the three of us have three different ideas about what is going to happen next in terms of the prison

My idea is that Sule, Shiri, Midnight and their Compadres manage to go through with the escape plan. However, after they grt the dome down, they mess something up and everything goes to hell. Sule orders a Unicorn from the group to teleport to the malumai ledge and they start firing the cannons. Everypony escapes in the ensueing Alicorn Chaos.

The former Prisoners make it to Canterlot. They try to get back soldiers that deserted in the initial alicorn attack,but They don't have long before Nova attacks.

Indigo and the armies also try to get back the deseters, but don't make it to Canterlot until just after the Attack. They sorta are the "calvary" here that helps sule's group out.

Midnight, I didn't see Nova's Mind control as being as strong on Midnight, but eventually would cause a problem that he'd aver to overcome in the battle.

Anyway, I'm open to hearing your ideas. Let's give this dang OOC some use

My idea was a little bit less dramatic. Indigo launches his attack on the encampment and order the artillery cannons to bombard the camp. The battle ends with a overwhelming victory for the Indigo as the alicorns get slaughtered; however, the dome is dissolved (by Sule's action) almost at the end, and the rest of the alicorn army inside the dome scramble to action. The attack, however, does allow Sule and the prisoners to escape to behind the Maluma forces unharmed. Indigo then orders a retreat, and the Malumai regroup elsewhere after the battle is over.

My idea was a little bit less dramatic. Indigo launches his attack on the encampment and order the artillery cannons to bombard the camp. The battle ends with a overwhelming victory for the Indigo as the alicorns get slaughtered; however, the dome is dissolved (by Sule's action) almost at the end, and the rest of the alicorn army inside the dome scramble to action. The attack, however, does allow Sule and the prisoners to escape to behind the Maluma forces unharmed. Indigo then orders a retreat, and the Malumai regroup elsewhere after the battle is over.

Hmm I see. i'll be honest, it seems a bit obvious. Perhaps while they are on their way to attack, The dome comes down and the Unicorn teleports to tell them to fire the cannons. The Army is way to far away to give them any support, even by flight, so they scramble the cannons to fire on the encampment. The Prisoners can escape to Canterlot, where Sule finally does a cool speech, and then we go ahead and do my plan with the Battle of Canterlot.?

(Meh, Why not?)

Our OCs are all visiting a fancy Chiroptera bar called "Quinto Imperio." It's been tiring the last few months and they want to relax.

Midnight: So this is the place Indigo keeps talking about...

Shiri: I remembered when Indy took me here for the first time... it was a snooze.

(They sit down at a table)

Indigo: You're just upset you couldn't throw anypony

Midnight: Perhaps we should go to that strip club a few blocks from here. She'd be way more at home there.

Shiri: Perhaps we should have. I would get a chance to throw money at you and watch you dance.

Midnight: (Angry grumble)

Clover: Ok, take it easy guys. It's been stressful all around. We came here for a break.

Indigo: Yeah. I swear if if I have to give another order... (Looks at bartender) Hey Crater, five ciders down here.

Sule: (Puts head on the table) Ugh I asked you for more COFFEE... I have a ton of work to do.

Indigo: Sire, you can't possibly go another week without sleeping. Sooner or Later you'll cave.

Sule: and what? I'll make you guys wear party hats to work?

Indigo: (Facehoof) I mean that you'll crack and start making more insane decisions.

Clover: You sure we're talking about Sule? I mean he has done pretty well without sleep.

Indigo: You don't have to clean up after his messes. Two nights ago, he authorized us drilling for oil near the south canyon.

Sule: I did?

Indigo: Yeah.

Shiri: So? Isn't that a good thing?

Indigo: Three nights ago, he signed a treaty with one of the Griffon Kings delegating that canyon to them in exchange for our free access to one of our settlements on a nearby river. I caught that mess up just in time.

Midnight: Sweet Epona, Sire, you nearly started a war there.

Sule: Oh come on, it was one mistake...

Indigo: You also authorized a factory where a factory still is working, a grave yard in a school, a dead guy as a city senator, some sort of "Manehatten project", and I believe next week is Tyrannus day

Clover: Wow...

Shiri: (whistles)

Sule: In my defense, that dead guy wasn't dead when that was given to me.... and the Manehatten project was pretty genius in my opinion.

Indigo: You wanted to build a bomb harnessing the power of an atom? Sire, we can barely handle bombs powered by pepper.

Sule: They arent powered by pepper, it's by -

Indigo: Ah drinks are here. Took them long enough. (Indigo slides a drink to everypony and takes a swig of his own)

Clover: Sule, why haven't you been sleeping?

Sule: I go to bed now and then! You just keep me up...

Shiri: (snickers) That'll do it, playing scrabble. Indy is super great at that.

(everypony takes an awkward look at Indigo, who looks up from is drink)

Indigo: Why is everypony staring at me?

Midnight: Good in bed, eh?

Indigo: WHOA WHOA Wait what? She meant the game. I learned how to read from a freaking dictionary.

Shiri: Yeah... (sips cider) that's what I meant...

Midnight: Anyway, Sire, do you even READ those briefs on your desk?

Sule: Um... I used to but they started to all sound the same...

Indigo: You're the Archon. You're expected to make sound decisions for us and run our State.

Sule: Well if ponies would bring me coffee more often, maybe that wouldn't make insane decisions (takes a sip of Cider)

Clover: The amount of Coffee you drink is insane. You really should cut down, have some tea now and then.

Shiri: Careful sis, that Coffee is probably the only thing keeping him and this country together. (sip) At least he isn't a drunk.

Midnight: You should see Indigo during happy hour... or any hour when he isn't Sule's whipping boy. I'm surprised his liver can handle it. (long gulp of cider) I actually walked in on Sule when he had like fifteen coffees... I swear he talked my ear off. When I walked away, he blew himself up.

Clover: What?

Sule: I was inventing gunpower.

Clover: Oh.

(few minutes of quiet drinking pass)

Shiri: So Midnight, how was the opera?

Midnight: (Near spit take) What!? Sule, did you bucking te-

Shiri: Chill out. Indy and I saw you at the theatre on our way back from the club.

Indigo: I should have known. Why else would you been singing Rackini on one of our flights?

Midnight: I'm not in the mood to hear another one of your mock-

Shiri: Hold up pal, We're not making fun of you. We just didn't expect it. Opera's pretty boss in my opinion. Murder, Revenge, Corruption, it's pretty dark.

Indigo: You like Opera?

Shiri: (Shrugs) reminds me of plays we Earth Ponies did when we were foals. They were fairy tales but were generally pretty dark when you thought about it.

Midnight: (Cunning Smile) perhaps you should bring Indigo along to the next showing of "The Taming of the Shire" 

Shiri: Perhaps I will. It'd be good bonding for you two.

Indigo: Do I get a say in this?

Midnight and Shiri: Nah

Clover: (laughs) That's a Unicorn play, right? Do they tie up the wings and wear paper horns?

Midnight: The theater troupe tends to adapt them with Maluma and Maluma themes quite well.

(about an hour of happy drinking goes by. Indigo orders a new round of drinks)

Sule: (somewhat drunk) Well I tell ya... When I was choshin' mah Anci-ent, I wanned somepomy smart 'n... um.. wha's the word?

Midnight: (not drunk) a pussy?

Indigo: (Buzzed?) who you callin' a pussy? *hiccup*

Sule: Naw, I wanned somepony... fresh... somepony openish to new ideas.... (Puts hoof on Indigo) thanks for being that...

Indigo: You're welcome? (casually pushes sule's hoof off)

Sule: And Clova... you are the best Queen eva...

Shiri: I don't think she's your queen yet, Sule

Sule: Wha? Oh right! We... we needa get marry!

Clover: (thinking this is funny) Well when were you going to ask that?

Sule: (sorta thinks) Sometimes... nexts... sometime...

Clover: (facehoof) figures

Shiri: nah don't worry. He'll come around. Besides, I wouldn't trust a drunk Sule too much.

Clover: true

Sule: Shireh! You.... I guess you're co-queen?

Shiri: What?

Indigo: Huh? Can he do that?

Midnight: (shrugs)

Sule: I means... if Indigo is'z my seconds in commands, and you two are a thing.... are the first and second mares equal or unda the same hiererarchigal thingy?... (puts head on table)

(Everypony pauses)

Shiri: I knew if we'd liquor him up, he'd still talk too smart. Hmm... Sule, explain that Manehatten project thing.

Sule: (Pulls up head) It'z not tooz complicated. I means, all we'z do is gets some materialz withid unstable nucleaouses in deir atoms.... then we... i dunno.... refine thes goods stuffs ans.... ums... create some fiyering mechanizum..... You know what? Clocks..... we can make clocks supers accuates with this.... no wait.... can we? We can make them lasts a loongng time... maybe if we get some cesium... I hear dat stuff vibrates supafast... I suppose we could make watter hot.... and them some steams makes stuff spin..... what if we use-ed magnets... to um.... spin... and gets somez stuff in wires...lightning.... lez harmess lightning first.... (puts head down and starts snoring)

Shiri: Jeez is that that what goes through his mind?

Indigo: I lost him after the nucleo-whatzits

Clover: Maybe giving him alcohol wasn't such good idea.

Midnight: yeah, but he needed to loosen up.

Shiri: We all did.

Indigo: Yeah. I propose a toast. To good friends, good allies, good decisions, and a good future for ponyfolk.

Midnight: Hear hear!

(All Clink glasses)

Shiri: So who's carrying Sule home? Not it

Midnight: Not it

Clover: I'd like to, but I really have to get back to the Unicorn Castle... See you all! (Teleports)

Indigo: (sighs) Go figure

Shiri: Hey, Indy, I finally figured out your job description! Cleaning up after Sule and carrying him home when he gets wasted.

Indigo: Har Har. At least he finally fell asleep.

Midnight: Yeah. I was beginning to doubt he could.

Indigo: Perhaps we should start to sneak in decaf in his coffee supply.

Shiri: You sure? He basically runs on coffee.

Indigo: I'm sure he'll get used to it. We should also get him the nice Saddle Arabian stuff instead of the Griffon Ground crap he gets...

Midnight: Well if that war started because of the Oil Well, you'd have to make that switch

Shiri: Yeah, what happened with that, anyway?

Indigo: I'm pretty sure I threw Sule's authorization in the trash.... hopefully one of the aides didn't find- wait.....

(awkward pause)

Midnight: Should I ready the troops?

Indigo: (thinks) just get them on alert

(Midnight gets up and leaves with style)

Shiri: So just you and me, huh?

Indigo: (points at a passed out Sule)

Shiri: Nah he won't cause much trouble.

Indigo: I suppose so... hey Crater! Another two drinks for the mare and me!

(Drinks come)

Shiri: (clinks her glass with Indigo's) good drink, good company

Indigo: (glances at Sule) You said it.

(I regret nothing)

• Brohoof 1

Our OCs are all visiting a fancy Chiroptera bar called "Quinto Imperio." It's been tiring the last few months and they want to relax.

Midnight: So this is the place Indigo keeps talking about...

Shiri: I remembered when Indy took me here for the first time... it was a snooze.

(They sit down at a table)

Indigo: You're just upset you couldn't throw anypony

Midnight: Perhaps we should go to that strip club a few blocks from here. She'd be way more at home there.

Shiri: Perhaps we should have. I would get a chance to throw money at you and watch you dance.

Midnight: (Angry grumble)

Clover: Ok, take it easy guys. It's been stressful all around. We came here for a break.

Indigo: Yeah. I swear if if I have to give another order... (Looks at bartender) Hey Crater, five ciders down here.

Sule: (Puts head on the table) Ugh I asked you for more COFFEE... I have a ton of work to do.

Indigo: Sire, you can't possibly go another week without sleeping. Sooner or Later you'll cave.

Sule: and what? I'll make you guys wear party hats to work?

Indigo: (Facehoof) I mean that you'll crack and start making more insane decisions.

Clover: You sure we're talking about Sule? I mean he has done pretty well without sleep.

Indigo: You don't have to clean up after his messes. Two nights ago, he authorized us drilling for oil near the south canyon.

Sule: I did?

Indigo: Yeah.

Shiri: So? Isn't that a good thing?

Indigo: Three nights ago, he signed a treaty with one of the Griffon Kings delegating that canyon to them in exchange for our free access to one of our settlements on a nearby river. I caught that mess up just in time.

Midnight: Sweet Epona, Sire, you nearly started a war there.

Sule: Oh come on, it was one mistake...

Indigo: You also authorized a factory where a factory still is working, a grave yard in a school, a dead guy as a city senator, some sort of "Manehatten project", and I believe next week is Tyrannus day

Clover: Wow...

Shiri: (whistles)

Sule: In my defense, that dead guy wasn't dead when that was given to me.... and the Manehatten project was pretty genius in my opinion.

Indigo: You wanted to build a bomb harnessing the power of an atom? Sire, we can barely handle bombs powered by pepper.

Sule: They arent powered by pepper, it's by -

Indigo: Ah drinks are here. Took them long enough. (Indigo slides a drink to everypony and takes a swig of his own)

Clover: Sule, why haven't you been sleeping?

Sule: I go to bed now and then! You just keep me up...

Shiri: (snickers) That'll do it, playing scrabble. Indy is super great at that.

(everypony takes an awkward look at Indigo, who looks up from is drink)

Indigo: Why is everypony staring at me?

Midnight: Good in bed, eh?

Indigo: WHOA WHOA Wait what? She meant the game. I learned how to read from a freaking dictionary.

Shiri: Yeah... (sips cider) that's what I meant...

Midnight: Anyway, Sire, do you even READ those briefs on your desk?

Sule: Um... I used to but they started to all sound the same...

Indigo: You're the Archon. You're expected to make sound decisions for us and run our State.

Sule: Well if ponies would bring me coffee more often, maybe that wouldn't make insane decisions (takes a sip of Cider)

Clover: The amount of Coffee you drink is insane. You really should cut down, have some tea now and then.

Shiri: Careful sis, that Coffee is probably the only thing keeping him and this country together. (sip) At least he isn't a drunk.

Midnight: You should see Indigo during happy hour... or any hour when he isn't Sule's whipping boy. I'm surprised his liver can handle it. (long gulp of cider) I actually walked in on Sule when he had like fifteen coffees... I swear he talked my ear off. When I walked away, he blew himself up.

Clover: What?

Sule: I was inventing gunpower.

Clover: Oh.

(few minutes of quiet drinking pass)

Shiri: So Midnight, how was the opera?

Midnight: (Near spit take) What!? Sule, did you bucking te-

Shiri: Chill out. Indy and I saw you at the theatre on our way back from the club.

Indigo: I should have known. Why else would you been singing Rackini on one of our flights?

Midnight: I'm not in the mood to hear another one of your mock-

Shiri: Hold up pal, We're not making fun of you. We just didn't expect it. Opera's pretty boss in my opinion. Murder, Revenge, Corruption, it's pretty dark.

Indigo: You like Opera?

Shiri: (Shrugs) reminds me of plays we Earth Ponies did when we were foals. They were fairy tales but were generally pretty dark when you thought about it.

Midnight: (Cunning Smile) perhaps you should bring Indigo along to the next showing of "The Taming of the Shire" 

Shiri: Perhaps I will. It'd be good bonding for you two.

Indigo: Do I get a say in this?

Midnight and Shiri: Nah

Clover: (laughs) That's a Unicorn play, right? Do they tie up the wings and wear paper horns?

Midnight: The theater troupe tends to adapt them with Maluma and Maluma themes quite well.

(about an hour of happy drinking goes by. Indigo orders a new round of drinks)

Sule: (somewhat drunk) Well I tell ya... When I was choshin' mah Anci-ent, I wanned somepomy smart 'n... um.. wha's the word?

Midnight: (not drunk) a pussy?

Indigo: (Buzzed?) who you callin' a pussy? *hiccup*

Sule: Naw, I wanned somepony... fresh... somepony openish to new ideas.... (Puts hoof on Indigo) thanks for being that...

Indigo: You're welcome? (casually pushes sule's hoof off)

Sule: And Clova... you are the best Queen eva...

Shiri: I don't think she's your queen yet, Sule

Sule: Wha? Oh right! We... we needa get marry!

Clover: (thinking this is funny) Well when were you going to ask that?

Sule: (sorta thinks) Sometimes... nexts... sometime...

Clover: (facehoof) figures

Shiri: nah don't worry. He'll come around. Besides, I wouldn't trust a drunk Sule too much.

Clover: true

Sule: Shireh! You.... I guess you're co-queen?

Shiri: What?

Indigo: Huh? Can he do that?

Midnight: (shrugs)

Sule: I means... if Indigo is'z my seconds in commands, and you two are a thing.... are the first and second mares equal or unda the same hiererarchigal thingy?... (puts head on table)

(Everypony pauses)

Shiri: I knew if we'd liquor him up, he'd still talk too smart. Hmm... Sule, explain that Manehatten project thing.

Sule: (Pulls up head) It'z not tooz complicated. I means, all we'z do is gets some materialz withid unstable nucleaouses in deir atoms.... then we... i dunno.... refine thes goods stuffs ans.... ums... create some fiyering mechanizum..... You know what? Clocks..... we can make clocks supers accuates with this.... no wait.... can we? We can make them lasts a loongng time... maybe if we get some cesium... I hear dat stuff vibrates supafast... I suppose we could make watter hot.... and them some steams makes stuff spin..... what if we use-ed magnets... to um.... spin... and gets somez stuff in wires...lightning.... lez harmess lightning first.... (puts head down and starts snoring)

Shiri: Jeez is that that what goes through his mind?

Indigo: I lost him after the nucleo-whatzits

Clover: Maybe giving him alcohol wasn't such good idea.

Midnight: yeah, but he needed to loosen up.

Shiri: We all did.

Indigo: Yeah. I propose a toast. To good friends, good allies, good decisions, and a good future for ponyfolk.

Midnight: Hear hear!

(All Clink glasses)

Shiri: So who's carrying Sule home? Not it

Midnight: Not it

Clover: I'd like to, but I really have to get back to the Unicorn Castle... See you all! (Teleports)

Indigo: (sighs) Go figure

Shiri: Hey, Indy, I finally figured out your job description! Cleaning up after Sule and carrying him home when he gets wasted.

Indigo: Har Har. At least he finally fell asleep.

Midnight: Yeah. I was beginning to doubt he could.

Indigo: Perhaps we should start to sneak in decaf in his coffee supply.

Shiri: You sure? He basically runs on coffee.

Indigo: I'm sure he'll get used to it. We should also get him the nice Saddle Arabian stuff instead of the Griffon Ground crap he gets...

Midnight: Well if that war started because of the Oil Well, you'd have to make that switch

Shiri: Yeah, what happened with that, anyway?

Indigo: I'm pretty sure I threw Sule's authorization in the trash.... hopefully one of the aides didn't find- wait.....

(awkward pause)

Midnight: Should I ready the troops?

Indigo: (thinks) just get them on alert

(Midnight gets up and leaves with style)

Shiri: So just you and me, huh?

Indigo: (points at a passed out Sule)

Shiri: Nah he won't cause much trouble.

Indigo: I suppose so... hey Crater! Another two drinks for the mare and me!

(Drinks come)

Shiri: (clinks her glass with Indigo's) good drink, good company

Indigo: (glances at Sule) You said it.

If the fanfic is ever completed some day, I might just have to write that post up as its epilogue.

If the fanfic is ever completed some day, I might just have to write that post up as its epilogue.

True dat

And Whose turn is it to post next? It's either you or me.

Also with Midnight's last post, it was pretty good but hard to read due to some forums error

@, Perhaps you can fix it some time?

• 3 weeks later...

i read your post, in this thread, but i think i still ignored it XP, sorry bout that, unless the "conditioning" works into when midnight controlled by nova comes in.

Good news/bad news depending on how you look at it

I am currently in the middle of my move to Belgium. As of right now I'm in a TLF on the Air Force Base as we wait for my dad's change of command. From there I go to New Jersey to visit relatives then on a plane to Brussels where I'll be in another TLF for a month or so. I also understand that there is some stuff going on with Jade and Midnight that'll posting a bit difficult right now as well.

We had a good month in May, but I think under the current circumstances it would be both difficult and possibly inappropriate for us to worry about the RP at this time.

As a result, I'm putting "The Good King" on a hiatus.

Don't worry, the RP is NOT dead. Also, you can still post if you feel like it. The reason I say Hiatus is to take the feeling of the need to post off everypony's shoulders. Also, I just want to make the distinction that while an inevitable silence will fall throughout this coming month that we didn't die with a whimper. This is not one of those RPs, and when we die it'll be when we're finished in a good way.

That said, during/after the Hiatus, we need to work on some mega posts to get us to the final battle, so you can get started then.

Personally, during this Hiatus I want to work on my story about Octavia, and possibly do a TGK version of "The West Wing." Maybe i'll work on the post.

Just a head's up. I'll change the names of the OOC and the RP to say that so other ponies know as well. Maybe it's because other ponies read it, but I think mostly it's because I just want to make sure it's known.

Who cares? I dunno. I feel like it.

Officially, I'll think about taking down the Hiatus when I land in Brussels. Unofficially it's basically when Jade and Midnight are in a better position to post

So that's that. I get to Belgium on the 16th of July, so I guess I'll see you then

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, got room for one more? I had Muspel lying around for a while now and never did anything with her.

Maybe. It's a little late in the RP and we're all posting slowly, but we might be able to work you in.

@AnonyPoni, perhaps we can throw in Muspel as one the unicorn soldiers Sule is working with under the dome?

So, got room for one more? I had Muspel lying around for a while now and never did anything with her.

Maybe. It's a little late in the d we're all posting slowly, but we might be able to work you in.

@AnonyPoni, perhaps we can throw in Muspel as one the unicorn soldiers Sule is working with under the dome?

..... Wanna know something funny? We've gotten a whole lot of requests from ponies who wanted join this RP. I generally turned them away on the grounds that they didnt know what they were getting into. I'd write a sorry and explain why them joining this RP would be a bad idea. normally these guys are muffins that don't realize how insane we are.

But Silverwisp, I actually feel pretty confident that you know what's going on and what you're getting into. Muspel is perfect for this story, and Jade's suggestion is actually just what I was thinking of too.

A couple of warnings, though. First is that we tend to do a lot of discussion on Skype (we really should stop with Skype and use Hangouts or something) and do a lot of brainstorming there. Next is the obvious mega posts. And finally, there's the issue of the current Hiatus we're on. Honestly, if you want to post during the hiatus, go ahead. We probably won't be able to respond as of right now, but maybe we can.

Anyway, if you look over the OOC and the RP, you should be OK with what's going on. Muspel should be one the soldiers that is helping Sule and Sift Sage under the Dome. I don't think you should introduce your character traditionally, but rather write as if everyppny knows her already (except Sule. He probably sorta knows her but doesn't know her well enough. Perhaps Muspel can remind Sule who she is ((what would be really funny is if we made that a running gag...)))

In TGK, we're actually pretty lax on RP rules as long as what you do is for the good of the story. I often make OOC posts where i explain a whole bunch of stuff and tell everypony what to do, but those arent orders or anything and i'm sometimes ignored for the better. We also are totally free to control other characters and speak for them as long as it's believable. Don't worry about it and expect it to happen to your character as well.

Im curious to see how Muspel can develop in what we have left in this story. Hopefully you can help us with this RP.

Welcome aboard, Silverwisp the Bard.

(edited)

Pace, discussion ect fits fine with me,

Muspel should be one the soldiers that is helping Sule and Sift Sage under the Dome.

Actually, if its okay with you, I'd rather have her still at the army camp, arriving from Canterlot after hearing about the cannons and wanting to check them out.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

Pace, discussion ect fits fine with me,

Actually, if its okay with you, I'd rather have her still at the army camp, arriving from Canterlot after hearing about the cannons and wanting to check them out.

The army camp with Indigo and Night Flash? Hmm the main issue I see is that her coming from Canterlot doesn't work well with our plan, not to mention the Joint Malumai-Equestrian camp is sorta kinda unknown to the rest of the equestrians. That said, coming from canterlot might work so she can show them how to get there. I think I should stress how small of a settlement Canterlot is, and it isn't the same metropolis like in the show (note that there probably isn't a magic school there yet, so I was going to suggest she be trained in the Unicornia School or something along those lines.)

Hmm maybe she's from another nearby settlement?

how small of a settlement Canterlot is

Ooops, somhow I got it into my head that Sul was being held prisoner in Cantelot, when he met Clover. Not sure how that happened.

Could she just be part of the army then (she could be one of the unicorns that lit the charges to bring down the city walls)?

Ooops, somhow I got it into my head that Sul was being held prisoner in Cantelot, when he met Clover. Not sure how that happened.

Could she just be part of the army then (she could be one of the unicorns that lit the charges to bring down the city walls)?

(Sorry I didn't respond. Busy and stuff)

Seems fine but also a bit immaterial. I don't know how being part of that group will make much of a difference. So go ahead with that.

But I'm not sure what her role in this story is going to be besides 'equestrian soldier'. Is she an officer? Advisor? Unofficial leader? Random soldier with ties? What makes her important for the RP camera to look at her and have her interact with the other characters (which are all generally important some way)

But I'm not sure what her role in this story is going to be besides 'equestrian soldier'. Is she an officer? Advisor? Unofficial leader?

Never mind what I said, under the dome works fine. As for position, I'm planning to make her the ranking pyromancer (her boss got eaten, I'll elaborate inn-game). Should give her an excuse to hang out with the famous ponies.

Anonyponi might not like me ignoring his orders in this post, but I made the post anyway. :3

Battle scene ahoy!

(edited)

Anonyponi might not like me ignoring his orders in this post, but I made the post anyway. :3

Battle scene ahoy!

Well I reacted to the post in a calm, mature fashion

My Reaction

post-4621-0-09225400-1373513183_thumb.gif

GAHH I SPENT SO MUCH TIME THINKING OF PLANS AND JADE OF ALL PONIES DESTROYS THEM! GAAAAAHHHH!

So anyway, there were plenty of reasons why I didn't start a battle in the camp yet, Mainly because the encampment has a DOME and wasn't supposed to be penetrated XD that's why Sule and his cronies had to break out using that plan.

And I actually had a plan for the battle where the whole thing goes wrong, and they sorta surrender. However, Indigo gets a message (this is after the prisoners break the Dome) and starts firing the cannons at the camp. The ensuing Chaos the Alicorns are in Allow the prisoners to get away.

Not to mention I wanted Sule and the prisoners to get to Canterlot, and deal with whoever was left being ready to give up when Nova and his Army come by. That would give sule the chance to tell a really cool speech that I kept putting off in the story.

So then the Alicorns come and attack this tired group of ex-prisoners. They were motivated by Sule's speech and fighting basically as a "last stand" thing.

BUT THEN Indigo/NF come with their armies and cannons and the tide is turned! Then there's a scene with Nova and Sule with Nova KILLING Sule but Sule killing Nova and Nova using Sule's mind as an Orb, which keeps Sule alive.

Look, I know a lot of TGK's best parts have come via ignoring me, but this time I'm begging you to change it so Indigo doesn't attack, but rather goes to Canterlot because it's a DOME (maybe a scout find out it can't be penetrated).

So yeah. Jade, I'm asking that you change it. Please.

OK, how about this. I know you wanted you wanted to write about indigo making decisions as Archon, so I'm thinking that the the battle is Fought outside the dome with the many Alicorns around the Dome. Indigo finds that they don't have significantly enough force to break the dome, and doesn't do well with the battle (foreshadowing another drunk scene?) Anyway, he can lick his wounds and mayne flashback a bit on the march to canterlot when he contemplates how he and Sule handles the Archonship. It feels like a really realiatic way to go and opens a lot of room for character stuff. It's a thought. I really wanted to follow through with my plan of events, but I think we can have both plans working here.

Edited by AnonyPoni

Well I reacted to the post in a calm, mature fashion

My Reaction

attachicon.gifscootaloo_pianoheadsmashlarge_displaygif.gif

GAHH I SPENT SO MUCH TIME THINKING OF PLANS AND JADE OF ALL PONIES DESTROYS THEM! GAAAAAHHHH!

So anyway, there were plenty of reasons why I didn't start a battle in the camp yet, Mainly because the encampment has a DOME and wasn't supposed to be penetrated XD that's why Sule and his cronies had to break out using that plan.

And I actually had a plan for the battle where the whole thing goes wrong, and they sorta surrender. However, Indigo gets a message (this is after the prisoners break the Dome) and starts firing the cannons at the camp. The ensuing Chaos the Alicorns are in Allow the prisoners to get away.

Not to mention I wanted Sule and the prisoners to get to Canterlot, and deal with whoever was left being ready to give up when Nova and his Army come by. That would give sule the chance to tell a really cool speech that I kept putting off in the story.

So then the Alicorns come and attack this tired group of ex-prisoners. They were motivated by Sule's speech and fighting basically as a "last stand" thing.

BUT THEN Indigo/NF come with their armies and cannons and the tide is turned! Then there's a scene with Nova and Sule with Nova KILLING Sule but Sule killing Nova and Nova using Sule's mind as an Orb, which keeps Sule alive.

Look, I know a lot of TGK's best parts have come via ignoring me, but this time I'm begging you to change it so Indigo doesn't attack, but rather goes to Canterlot because it's a DOME (maybe a scout find out it can't be penetrated).

So yeah. Jade, I'm asking that you change it. Please.

OK, how about this. I know you wanted you wanted to write about indigo making decisions as Archon, so I'm thinking that the the battle is Fought outside the dome with the many Alicorns around the Dome. Indigo finds that they don't have significantly enough force to break the dome, and doesn't do well with the battle (foreshadowing another drunk scene?) Anyway, he can lick his wounds and mayne flashback a bit on the march to canterlot when he contemplates how he and Sule handles the Archonship. It feels like a really realiatic way to go and opens a lot of room for character stuff. It's a thought. I really wanted to follow through with my plan of events, but I think we can have both plans working here.

My idea was that since the dome isn't penetrable, Indigo attacked the encampment to attack the forces camped out outside the dome, which is significantly lighter. Then during the battle, the dome is broken, which allows the bulk of Nova's forces to join the battle, which quickly starts to go awry for the Malumai. This prompts the decision to retreat, but the cannon-fire and the battle gives Sule the cover he needs to escape and head to Canterlot.

From there, we can then go with your plan. (Sule arrives, inspiring speech, and so on). This doesn't seem like it'll deter from your plan very much.