Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced The Good King (OOC)

AnonyPoni

Okay, can i just get an official estimate of the numbers of allies and alicorns as well as number of cannons? Also, side question, how would unicorns fight? Shoot lasers of doom?

Most would probably just levitate their weapons, seeing as most unicorns' magic seems restricted to their talent. Though since we've already included Muspel, I'd say its fair to assume there's a mage contigent attached.

Also, are you still planing on kiling of Night Flash in the end?

Perhaps we can have Muspel contact the armies, but I figured there would be intense fighting on that front, so chit chat might not end up well there. Also, are you referring to the Army camp?

Yeah, I assume someone among the attackers will want to contact the prisoners, that's why they launched the attack after all.

And the majority have wings...

Yep, and the ones who don't get a lift anyway. Also, even if we do kill of a main character such as Night Flash, I'd rathr do it in the most badass and non cliched way possible.

Also, I like the mage idea, they work with the archers but with magic rays.

EDIT: So once Muspel is rescued he rejoins the equestrians, right? What would his rank be?

Edited by The Awesome One

I liked it more when I wasn't the one who was holding up the show.

So...I should just post a continuation of the battle scene? Should I have Indigo interacting with anypony?

(edited)

I liked it more when I wasn't the one who was holding up the show.

So...I should just post a continuation of the battle scene? Should I have Indigo interacting with anypony?

Yeah. And he's probably interacting with night flash

WOOOO NO CHARACTER LIMITS IN THE OOCS ANYMORE!

Edited by AnonyPoni

Yeah. And he's probably interacting with night flash

WOOOO NO CHARACTER LIMITS IN THE OOCS ANYMORE!

Alright. I'll try and have a new post up some time before the end of the year.

• Brohoof 1

So once Muspel is rescued he rejoins the equestrians, right? What would his rank be?

Yeah, she is gonna get promoted to head pyromancer (on account on all of her superiors being dead), so she'll have a reason to stick round with the bigwigs.

Also would you be okay with her giving Nightflasha dressing down concerning his recent military record?

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 1

I think the next think to happen should be Midnight and/or Sul bringing down the dome, shouldn't it?

Should I have Indigo interacting with anypony?

You could have him spot Muspel and co. and send in some ponies to get them out, if you like.

So, @, @@Prince Midnight, should we have a vote on where the final battle should take place?

I still don't think the prisoners holding Canterlot would be a good idea:

While it does have certain symbolic value, there is simply no reason why the settlers wouldn't abandon it to save lives: To misquote greater minds than mine: Equestria is not in brick and stone but in its people.

Plus, any head start the prisoners would have would be nowhere near enough to prepare any kind of worthwhile defense.

I think the Allies overtaking Nova's forces and forcing a battle at some mountain pass  or rivercrossing might be a better climax. Plant the banners, lock shields and give them hell. I assume Sule and Nova could duke it out on a cliff.  (we'd finally get some use out of those cannons too).

So, @, @@Prince Midnight, should we have a vote on where the final battle should take place?

While it does have certain symbolic value, there is simply no reason why the settlers wouldn't abandon it to save lives: To misquote greater minds than mine: Equestria is not in brick and stone but in its people.

Plus, any head start the prisoners would have would be nowhere near enough to prepare any kind of worthwhile defense.

I think the Allies overtaking Nova's forces and forcing a battle at some mountain pass  or rivercrossing might be a better climax. Plant the banners, lock shields and give them hell. I assume Sule and Nova could duke it out on a cliff.  (we'd finally get some use out of those cannons too).

I have a new idea! (I had this idea a while ago :P I forgot to post it >..(\ )

Why don't we have this fight end here and now?

Due to the advantage the Allies have (with Indigo attacking at the time he did), the massive battle that takes place right were they are now. In the battle, with all the cannons and fresh troops, the Allies completely destroy the Alicorn army, with the prisoners helping out (since with the dome being destroyed, they are thrown straight into the battle).

With the Alicorns successfully defeated, the Allies march/fly to Canterlot to report the good news and celebrate. Speeches can be done here or whatever.

After some partying, Nova walks into the town, yelling and shooting magical beams and such. Not as a threat, but he's just gone nuts at this point (i'm sure we could write this part out well), and everpony goes quiet as he approaches team Archon.....

and at that point, I'm not totally sure. I was thinking that maybe he kills himself right there, but uses Sule's mind as an Orb (so they could have a mental conversation in the falling action.

It's a rough idea, but I think it's far better than my last one.

Let's do this one. It'd be a shame that we'd be stuck at this part because we can't decide what to do

In my headcanon Canterlot, being situated on a mountain, might make for a defensible position. The ponies are already entrenched, and the bad guys will have to be fighting uphill the whole way.

I think the next think to happen should be Midnight and/or Sul bringing down the dome, shouldn't it?

You could have him spot Muspel and co. and send in some ponies to get them out, if you like.

Exactly what I had in mind but I can't really make him be all sorry and apologetic because thats just not NF.

Alright. I'll try and have a new post up some time before the end of the year.

I have a new idea! (I had this idea a while ago :P I forgot to post it >..(\ )

Why don't we have this fight end here and now?

Due to the advantage the Allies have (with Indigo attacking at the time he did), the massive battle that takes place right were they are now. In the battle, with all the cannons and fresh troops, the Allies completely destroy the Alicorn army, with the prisoners helping out (since with the dome being destroyed, they are thrown straight into the battle).

With the Alicorns successfully defeated, the Allies march/fly to Canterlot to report the good news and celebrate. Speeches can be done here or whatever.

After some partying, Nova walks into the town, yelling and shooting magical beams and such. Not as a threat, but he's just gone nuts at this point (i'm sure we could write this part out well), and everpony goes quiet as he approaches team Archon.....

and at that point, I'm not totally sure. I was thinking that maybe he kills himself right there, but uses Sule's mind as an Orb (so they could have a mental conversation in the falling action.

It's a rough idea, but I think it's far better than my last one.

Let's do this one. It'd be a shame that we'd be stuck at this part because we can't decide what to do

^^ I'm now suggesting this one, though I'm sure you'll all poke like twenty holes in it soon

You know, while a lot of the stuff is like "this is the most reasonable thing for them to do" we should really consider the fact that this is a story and, to them, a fight for their lives and Equestria. Sometimes, in those situations, people/ponies don't always make the most airtight decisions, and in hindsight they may seem terrible. But we shouldn't forget that while we're basically GOD to these characters in that we (sorta) know what's going to happen next, they don't. Just some useless fruit for thought.

(In Deutsch)

Du weißt schon, während eine Menge von dem Zeug ist wie "das ist die vernünftigste Sache für sie zu tun" sollten wir wirklich die Tatsache, dass dies eine Geschichte, und zu ihnen ein Kampf um ihr Leben und Equestria ist. Manchmal, in diesen Situationen, die Menschen / Ponys nicht immer die meisten luftdicht Entscheidungen und im Nachhinein können sie scheinen schrecklich. Aber wir sollten nicht vergessen, dass, während wir im Grunde auf diese Zeichen, dass wir (sorta) wissen, was als nächstes passieren wird GOTT sind, tun sie nicht. Nur einige nutzlos Obst zum Nachdenken.

(Hopefully I wont get too much backlash from Silverwisp for doing that. I just wanted to help)

In my headcanon Canterlot, being situated on a mountain, might make for a defensible position. The ponies are already entrenched, and the bad guys will have to be fighting uphill the whole way.

Yeah, that's a good point. Canterlot itself might be on a ledge on the mountain, so the Alicorns would have to fight uphill

That said, the Alicorns can fly....

Hmm, I assume you mean as in flying the whole army there? (with enough ponies, I guess you could lift the cannons)

That would make for a cool climax.

I'd settle for this.

Du weißt schon, während eine Menge von dem Zeug ist wie "das ist die vernünftigste Sache für sie zu tun" sollten wir wirklich die Tatsache, dass dies eine Geschichte, und zu ihnen ein Kampf um ihr Leben und Equestria ist. Manchmal, in diesen Situationen, die Menschen / Ponys nicht immer die meisten luftdicht Entscheidungen und im Nachhinein können sie scheinen schrecklich. Aber wir sollten nicht vergessen, dass, während wir im Grunde auf diese Zeichen, dass wir (sorta) wissen, was als nächstes passieren wird GOTT sind, tun sie nicht. Nur einige nutzlos Obst zum Nachdenken.

If these were normal ponies I'd agree, but having a bunch of characters who are supposed tio highly inteligent and/or experienced warleaders suddenly lose their head seems exceedingly odd.

Yeah, that's a good point. Canterlot itself might be on a ledge on the mountain, so the Alicorns would have to fight uphill

That said, the Alicorns can fly....

All of them? I thought most were earthbound (being horribly mutated abominations and whatnot).

Your German is pretty good btw.

Hmm, I assume you mean as in flying the whole army there? (with enough ponies, I guess you could lift the cannons)

That would make for a cool climax.

I'd settle for this.

If these were normal ponies I'd agree, but having a bunch of characters who are supposed tio highly inteligent and/or experienced warleaders suddenly lose their head seems exceedingly odd.

All of them? I thought most were earthbound (being horribly mutated abominations and whatnot).

Your German is pretty good btw.

My German is terrible. Google had to do most (pretty much all) of it for me. I figured it might help a bit out, since I was afraid that something might misunderstood. I've been wanting to learn, though.

(If it is easier for you, post in German. We can translate with google if we need to)

And the idea of the Alicorns was that they were, you know, Alicorns. That said, the "mutant abomination" argument is probably accurate. Anyway, let's sit back and think, we have (basically) three plans floating around.

1. The Allies fighting this battle and the prisoners running away to forests or whatever. The Allies and the prisoners regroup and then fight the Alicorns somewhere else.

2. The Allies fight this battle and the prisoners escape to Canterlot. The Allies or the Alicorns retreat at some point, and the Alicorns make an attack on Canterlot. The prisoners hold them off as the Allies come to the rescue.

3. The Prisoners join the fight going on NOW and the Allies basically wipe out the Alicorns. We can later have a scene at Canterlot doing whatever (a small battle, party, speeches, politics). Nova can either die in the battle or kill himself in front of everyone in Canterlot, but I'd like him to turn Sule's mind into an Orb so I can do a mental scene with him.

We can mix up these plans anyway we'd like, or do something completely different. Either way, we shouldn't dwell on this.

(In Deutsche)

Mein Deutsch ist schrecklich. Google hatte die meisten (so ziemlich alle) es für mich tun. Ich dachte, es könnte ein bisschen helfen, da ich Angst, dass etwas missverstanden wurde. Ich wollte schon zu lernen, though.

(Wenn es für Sie einfacher, in Deutsche Post ist. Wir können mit Google Translate, wenn wir brauchen)

Und die Idee der Alicorns war, dass sie, wissen Sie, waren Alicorns. Das heißt, die "mutierten Greuel"-Argument ist wohl richtig. Wie auch immer, lassen Sie sich zurücklehnen und denken, haben wir (im Wesentlichen) drei Pläne im Umlauf.

1. Die Alliierten diesen Kampf und die Gefangenen auf der Flucht, Wälder oder was auch immer. Die Alliierten und die Gefangenen gruppieren und dann im Kampf gegen die Alicorns woanders.

2. Die Alliierten kämpfen diese Schlacht und die Gefangenen zu Canterlot entkommen. Die Alliierten oder die Alicorns Rückzug an einem gewissen Punkt, und die Alicorns machen einen Angriff auf Canterlot. Die Gefangenen halten sie ab, wie die Alliierten zur Rettung kommen.

3. Die Gefangenen sich dem Kampf geht jetzt und die Alliierten im Grunde auszulöschen die Alicorns. Wir können später eine Szene an Canterlot tun was auch immer (eine kleine Schlacht, party, Reden, Politik). Nova kann entweder in der Schlacht sterben oder töten sich vor allen in Canterlot, aber ich möchte ihn Sule Geist in einen Orb drehen, so habe ich eine mentale Szene mit ihm machen kann.

Wir mischen können diese Pläne sowieso wir möchten, oder tun etwas ganz anderes. So oder so, sollten wir nicht auf diese eingehen.

(If it is easier for you, post in German. We can translate with google if we need to)

I  like to think my English is quite sufficient.

We can mix up these plans anyway we'd like, or do something completely different.

I'd prefer #1, but I'd be fine with everyone (whole allied army) going to Canterlot an waiting for Nova there (would make  for some good Eve of Battle moments).

I  like to think my English is quite sufficient.

Great, because whatever German I think I know isn't.

I'd prefer #1, but I'd be fine with everyone (whole allied army) going to Canterlot an waiting for Nova there (would make  for some good Eve of Battle moments).

I've never been one for Eve of Battle moments. I mean, yeah TGK is full of them, but having a cliche stand off between the Allies and Alicorns as they stare at each other across a battle field just doesn't seem that appetizing.

Canterlot seems like a good place but I think the place of battle has moved around too much to be realistic. If I was in Nova's place, I would have definitely tried to get out of a position from where I can be surrounded because that pretty much means that you've lost.

But it's kind of too late for that so why don't we just end it here?

I don't think we should try to force the final battle here just because we're tired and want to finish this RP already, that's bad form.

My idea is that this battle turns around once the dome drops, forcing a retreat. Nova begins marching on Canterlot immediately, forcing Indigo to cancel the retreat and chase his forces there where the battle recommences. Since Indigo and Sule now know that there's no way they can take the alicorn army in a straight up fight, the newest objective becomes the assassination of Nova at any cost, which happens in a fight during the battle. Once Nova dies, the Alicorns go crazy or pass out or explode or something, I dunno. I don't think it'll stretch out the ending too long, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it really only applies if that RP we talked about years ago ever, you know, gets written.

Otherwise, this IS a roleplay. Let's just put down whatever and see what happens.

Edit: In which case, I'm the one who needs to post next. Damn.

Edited by Bifrost
  • Brohoof 1