Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What if the series finale wasn't a season finale?

FlareGun45

Alright how do I explain this? Let's say season 9 is the final season. I'm not guaranteeing it, but let's just say it as an example. What if the season 9 finale might not be the actual series finale? What if the series finale is just a 90-minute special or something? This might give the story alot of space and potential stories to use that would give the series a the BIG BANG end it deserves! Or maybe it's not a 90-minute special, but maybe like a 3-hour 3-parter special! The emails say season 9 is the last season, but it never said anything about there not being any specials after that! ;) 

It would be just too easy for the show staff to just make a 2-part finale in season 9, and then end it. After all the show has went through, they should really make something BIG! I'm not sure what it is, nor do I know if this anything like this is happening. All I'm saying is that it SHOULD happen like this! :D 

What do y'all think? Series finale being a special right after the season 9 finale? :D 

4 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Alright how do I explain this? Let's say season 9 is the final season. I'm not guaranteeing it, but let's just say it as an example. What if the season 9 finale might not be the actual series finale? What if the series finale is just a 90-minute special or something? This might give the story alot of space and potential stories to use that would give the series a the BIG BANG end it deserves! Or maybe it's not a 90-minute special, but maybe like a 3-hour 3-parter special! The emails say season 9 is the last season, but it never said anything about there not being any specials after that! ;) 

It would be just too easy for the show staff to just make a 2-part finale in season 9, and then end it. After all the show has went through, they should really make something BIG! I'm not sure what it is, nor do I know if this anything like this is happening. All I'm saying is that it SHOULD happen like this! :D 

What do y'all think? Series finale being a special right after the season 9 finale? :D 

The leaks implied that will be the case :huh:

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

That there will be at least one last special after S9

That's good! That's gotta be the series finale then! :D Let's just hope it's a full 26-episode season. I know it said 13, but that could mean the episodes that were written SO FAR. So I'm crossing my fingers for that being the case! We'll find out soon enough! ;) 

31 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

That's good! That's gotta be the series finale then! :D Let's just hope it's a full 26-episode season. I know it said 13, but that could mean the episodes that were written SO FAR. So I'm crossing my fingers for that being the case! We'll find out soon enough! ;) 

Yeah, thing is: other than some vectors for S9 premiere, info post S8 is pretty vague and contradictory. Some mails claim it'll be 13 episodes, plus two specials being considered; while others stick to 26 and specials. About a direct to video movie, seems all plans for a sequel have been scrapped in favor to one opening the upcoming show :huh:

(edited)

Ok, I didn't think there'd be a movie sequel anyway. All I hope for is the 26 episodes and a special finale! That should be good enough! End the show with a BANG! That's all I can ask for! ;) Hopefully the 26 episodes one is the more in-date than the 13 one! If Hasbro knows what's best for the show, they'd do the full season! Have their G4 toy sales last longer!

Edited by MegaSean45

1-hour special, feature film, two-parter finale, makes no difference to me. I'm not personally invested in this show going out with something large-scale. Gimme a really entertaining season which closes up some loose ends, toss an unpredictable two-parter somewhere in the middle, and end it on a funny slice-of-life and I'll be satisfied. 

42 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

1-hour special, feature film, two-parter finale, makes no difference to me. I'm not personally invested in this show going out with something large-scale. Gimme a really entertaining season which closes up some loose ends, toss an unpredictable two-parter somewhere in the middle, and end it on a funny slice-of-life and I'll be satisfied. 

Well at least we agree on the tie up loose ends part! ;) Yeah that's really important!

I hope this is the case, it will give them more room to work with, and unlike the movie it will actually be important. Hopefully the pacing doesn’t feel rushed for once. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't want the series to end, it has so much potential to keep going, just look at all the fanfiction that has been maid, theirs so many stories to tell in this universe that it could fill a whole library.  I would be ok with a break, but I don't think G4 should be discarded, the characters we have grown to love and follow are just to special to be cast away.  MLP is not Transformers, these ponies, and now humans, are very special, lots of work went into giving them life, the writers and actresses put their heart and soul into these charters to give them hearts and souls.  I honestly can say, I have never felt for any series characters like I do for the Ponies and Humans.  They might not have the most epic battles, or coolest magic, but we have seen these characters go through so much, both mundane and very serious, they are in our hearts because of how much heart they have.   Tossing them out feels like a major disservice to them.  It feels like they are gonna die or will die if they are tossed out, and that is a bad feeling. 

We have so many mediums we can still explore the G4 multiverse, comics, novels, games.  They could have done a lot more with games, we could have gotten Final Fantasy style games with Ponies and other creatures, and had the cast in it, or new characters, or some action games like Spyro or Mario, with excellent stories.  Heck we technically got 3 altante G4 animated series in the Winter, two were EG, I loved them all, they could have done a lot more with the Celestia mini series, it was great as is but we could have seen what here life is really like, it didn't have to be a prequel ether, though I would be ok if it explored her past, same with Luna.   Heck I wish we could have worked with the writers even closer and given our fanfics for them to use better, we could work together to keep G4 alive.

This... just makes me sad, I really love this series and these characters and I don't want them to go away.  :(