Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Wacky Wild Multiverse Adventure [Reboot]

Skylord Nexus

(edited)

The multiverse. Realm upon realm of endless possibili- Wait, this is how I started it last time, lets go for something a little different.

What is life, but a series of choices. Every choice leading to a new eventuality, and every new eventuality, leading to a new choice, and no matter what these choices happen to be, they effect not only one person, but everyone around us. It only takes one man to create a great empire, only one man to sow the seeds of rebellion, and only one man to wipe it all out, set it all back to zero. Some would say such things would be destiny, unchangeable, and set on course to happen since the start of time. Others would say that nothing is set in stone, and a persons course can always be changed, but is that in itself, destiny. But then surely in the multiverse, in that endless scape or science and sorcery, where anything is possibly, surely there is a way to change destiny, surely then, there is a way to prevent that tide of endless destruction, all it takes is the right people to find it.

But let us put that unimportant, useless information behind us, and focus on the story at hand, as the adventure begins.

Our band of intrepid... people would find that selves waking up in a room to the smell of smoke and the sound of sparking electricity, the last thing they remembered would have been some kind of crack opening up and sucking them through, in spite of their best efforts to escape it's pull. The room itself was circular with a diameter of around 50 feet, a seemingly domed roof, obscured by a large, swirling, ominous, vortex, though it seemed to have no pull, in fact the exact opposite seemed to be the case, as it exerted a small pressure on the rooms occupants. The room seemed to be heavily damaged, with panels blown off, exposing electronics which occasionally let of spark or even the odd arc of electricity, as well as that, piles of metal debris scattered across the room, some of which were ablaze, this was especially apparent in the eastern side of the room, where a large part of the ceiling had collapsed, exposing raw, sparking circuitry, effectively boxing off a section of the room. The cause of this damage was however obvious, from the large scorch mark in the centre of the room, where something had very obviously exploded. In short, it wasn't a vey nice place, infact the only place worse than this to be, would probably be some kind of empty metal room... or Detroit one of the two.

There would be a few details immediately obvious to the group. First, there did seem to be some kind of doorway to the south-east of the room, though it seemed the explosion had caused it to somewhat break down, where it would attempt to open and would, for a second, reveal a silver hallway, with red lights constantly flashing, then however sparks would fly from the door and it would close with an audible 'clunk'. Second, there was possibly some form of terminal at the northern most wall, though there was no apparent screen or symbols on any of the hexagonal keys, though the purple light coursing around the outlines of the keys seemed to signify that it was still, somewhat active. Lastly, poking out from one of the debris piles close to the centre of the room, seemed to be some kind of metallic hand and arm, though mangled the scorch marks on it, would seem to indicate that whoever, or whatever the metal appendage belonged to, was very close to the source of the explosion.

OOC:

Edited by Skylord Nexus

"What have you gotten yourself into this time Xena?" 

She recognized that irritating voice anywhere. She also knew from the slightly echoing hint to it that she was in a dream. She was already standing in this dream, adorned in full armor and armed with her trusty sword and chakram. The powerful woman turned on her heel and faced the throne in front of her where the God of War sat casually, his legs spread and his eyebrow cocked as he he smirked over to her. Without hesitation she drew her blade, glaring at the god directly in the eyes as she growled out her next words. 

"What do you want Ares? What are you talking about?"

"I mean I don't know where you are anymore. Even the Fates can't locate you on your own life thread. You're off the grid Xena." 

"I don't understand." He didn't seem like he was lying, but at the same time she felt uneasy. 

"I'm saying you aren't in the Mortal world anymore. I don't even know where you are. some kind of portal opened up and took you away. Only reason I can even talk to you here is cause it hasn't fully closed yet. You might want to wake up and get back before that thing closes." 

Xena bolted upright and looked around her. Nothing about her surroundings seemed right. Everything was covered in metal, not like the forest she had fallen asleep in with Gabrielle the night before. Gabrielle, where was she anyway? She looked around the room. A metal door moved of its own accord, the place seemed badly damaged by some kind of blast. Did a god do this? She wasn't used to standing on metal like this. Everything was so strange. The room was circular and in massive disrepair. Her body didn't quite feel right either. It felt like the force keeping her down on the floor was different than what she was used to. Artificial even. 

Above her the portal that Ares mentioned was there. It looked like a vortex of sorts, and she could feel some minor pushback from it. That had to be where she came from. However now that she was getting her bearings, she could feel several presences in the room. One in particular was almost suffocating with how intense his presence was. It radiated power the likes of which she had never felt, not even from a god from where she came from. Even more alarming was the fact that it was coming from the body of an unconscious boy with purple hair of all things. 

He seemed to notice being watched, because as soon as she looked at him he slowly and sleepily sat up and rubbed his eyes before stretching. It took him a few seconds for him to realize he was in a metal room that was in shambles. When he did he jumped in shock, and to Xena's surprise, began to float in the air. 

"Wha? Where am I? Did Monaka accidentally bring me on a delivery again?" 

Xena pulled her sword cautiously. The boyish form could be a trick. She could feel he radiated power, way more than any child should have. Perhaps he was like Hope. If that were the case, he would need to die. 

He looked over and saw Xena eyeing him down with her blade out. To her surprise he seemed a bit intimidated. Though she was nowhere near his strength, she violently reminded him of Goten's mom. 

"Hey lady, do you know where we are? We seem to be..." He closed his eyes and sensed out for life. One of them stuck out to him as alarming because of how faint it was. 

"Whoa, there's a guy dying over there!" 

Xena blinked as he seemed to vanish and reappear over a pile of rubble with a metallic arm sticking out. No, not vanished, he had just moved too fast for her eyes to see it. It unnerved her with just how fast he was. It wasn't natural. Not even gods were able to do that. 

Trunks focused on the debris and lifted up his arms high into the air. The hunks of metal lifted effortlessly off the ground and off of the body, and with a casual flick he sent them flying to a safer part of the room. 

"Oh man he doesn't look so good. Hey lady! Put the sword away and come help me out here!" 

Xena blinked and composed herself. Too many strange things were happening at once, things she couldn't even put words too. However helping someone who was injured at least made some sense. If this boy wanted to help this person, then he might at least not be bad. Without another moment of hesitation, she went over to help the floating boy with the injured man.  

X was beginning to regain consciousness from the explosion. His ears were ringing and he had a very bad migrane, in part due to the explosion and in part also due to his hosts inhabiting his body fighting for control of him. 

Wake up, one of the voices inquired. 

Be still, another cooed back in an attempt to calm the other down, he is much stronger than this.

Yeah, he’s right, yet another raspy voice intervened, why else would the resistance put spirits of great soldiers such as ourselves into a subject that couldn’t withstand an explosion like that.

ENOUGH PRATTLING, ALL OF YOU, a fourth imperative voice boomed, let X wake up. C’mon, son, get yourself up.

Ugh, huh? X thought to himself, where am I? Who am I? What is this? What the hell is happening? The last thing I remember I was fighting some Genesis Destroyer squads and next thing I know, there’s this bright light and I’m out cold. 

X got up to his feet and surveyed the room and notices other bodies lying on the floor. His advanced cybernetics confirmed vital signs are present in most of them. He scanned the room even further and assessed the damage around him. 

Possible skirmish? he thought to himself, Or an explosion of some sort. 

He began to wipe the sides of the room. Just as he thought, explosive residue. He stood his ground, weapons ready for what the other bodies in the room would do. 

(edited)

The man was unresponsive as Trunks pulled him from the wreckage. The man had messy black hair, likely due to the explosion, and pale skin looking to be in his early twenties. The mangled remains of the metal arm seemed to connect in place of a right arm though it was pretty obvious that the arm was completely wrecked. The most worrying thing about the man however would be the fact that he had a large metal pole skewed through his abdomen, strangely though in spite of going through his entire body, there was not as single drop of blood anywhere, nor was there any on any of the mans various other wounds over his body, though on some of the larger cuts there seemed to be something slivery underneath his skin. 

At that moment the man seemed to jump to life, reaching his arms out at Trunks and screaming "Ahh!" The man then began laughing hysterically for a minute before calming down "Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway, who are you? I don't think we've met." Peculiarly in spite of his seemingly life threatening injuries, the man seemed just as spritely, his eyes ,one a dull grey, and one that seemed to be shifting colours, glancing around the room at his surroundings "Yikes! This place is a mess isn't it."

Edited by Skylord Nexus

On 5/26/2018 at 4:40 AM, Skylord Nexus said:

The man was unresponsive as Trunks pulled him from the wreckage. The man had messy black hair, likely due to the explosion, and pale skin looking to be in his early twenties. The mangled remains of the metal arm seemed to connect in place of a right arm though it was pretty obvious that the arm was completely wrecked. The most worrying thing about the man however would be the fact that he had a large metal pole skewed through his abdomen, strangely though in spite of going through his entire body, there was not as single drop of blood anywhere, nor was there any on any of the mans various other wounds over his body, though on some of the larger cuts there seemed to be something slivery underneath his skin. 

At that moment the man seemed to jump to life, reaching his arms out at Trunks and screaming "Ahh!" The man then began laughing hysterically for a minute before calming down "Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway, who are you? I don't think we've met." Peculiarly in spite of his seemingly life threatening injuries, the man seemed just as spritely, his eyes ,one a dull grey, and one that seemed to be shifting colours, glancing around the room at his surroundings "Yikes! This place is a mess isn't it."

"I've never seen an Automatôn in person before. I had no idea Hephaestus's creations could look so lifelike." Xena commented as she looked down at the robotic figure below her. She had heard tales of the God Hephaestus creating beings in his forge made entirely of metal. She had thought it was a bit far fetched, yet here one was, and it was so similar to a human that it put her on edge. Would any of her usual tricks work on it? He probably didn't have any nerve endings, so she had nothing to exploit on that front. A body made of metal would probably be a rather formidable foe as well. Being impaled by that metal pole did damage to it, but not like it would to a regular human.

"Who's Heph...Heph... That person you said?" Trunks couldn't articulate the name as he looked up at her while kneeling over the cyborg. Xena looked at him incredulously. He was young to be sure, about as young as her son Solan, but to not know the gods names at his age was strange indeed. 

"The God Hephaestus? Do you... Look out!" 

When the Automatôn jumped for Trunks, She had immediately drawn her sword and was looking to cleave his head right off before he started joking around. Trunks meanwhile nearly had a heart attack from both Xena's warning cry and getting grabbed by the cyborg. 

"You're lucky I didn't blow your head off just now you dummy!" Trunks screamed out at the man, his voice cracking a bit in indignation. He looked around again and tried to feel out more with his senses. 

"It looks like we're on a spaceship of some kind... a rather big one..." His eyes were closed in concentration. Xena could feel the air shift with him using his abilities. It was alarming just how powerful he was. She also had no idea what he meant by Spaceship. She had never heard the phrase before. Was it a ship with a lot of space in it? Or perhaps it had to do with how it was designed?

"I sense over two thousand other people on this ship, in clusters all over the place. Maybe I can get their attention. Sorry this might feel weird. "

@Skylord Nexus @Kronos the Revenant @Lektra Bolt @Denim&Venom

Trunks reached out with his mind and spread that reach as far as he could, extending out to all parts of the ship as he began to telepathically speak. 

"Hello? Attention, we are stranded on your ship and I have no idea how we got here."

Trunks noticed almost immediately that some kind of barrier shut off his message from leaving that room. Anyone within the room would have heard his voice in their heads, but it had been prevented from going any further than that. 

Xena backed away from Trunks with wide eyes, her hand instinctively feeling her head as if she thought she was going mad. 

"Two thousand? That's an army! How did you do that? Speak in my mind? What are you? Are you a god?" So much information was being flooded at Xena from all sides all at once. She desperately yearned for the simplicity of beating up a band of highwaymen right now. 

"What? No... Well My dad is kinda? He's friends with a few gods anyway." 

Xena seemed to slightly relax at that, though not by much. So the boy was like Hercules, a demigod of some kind. That made a bit more sense. Demigods did have powers beyond that of mortal men, though this boy seemed much more powerful than Hercules. 

Trunks grew annoyed at this barrier blocking his telepathic signals. 

"Alright, if you're going to play like that, I'll send a message another way. The ship might shake a bit, brace yourselves."

Trunks raised his hands in concentration and closed his eyes. He felt for the outside of the ship, taking all of it in so he could make sure his grip was absolute. 

From out in space glow of energy visibly enveloped the vessel and all at once the ship stopped in its tracks. Trunks stopped everything from moving and rotating, holding it all in place with frightful ease. Inside the ship, everything started to quake and groan from the new pressure he was applying to it. He yelled out to no one in particular, hoping someone from the actual ship could hear him. 

"You see that? I have your ship completely under my control now, come on out and talk instead of blocking my ability to speak to you!"

Xena backed away from the boy who was slightly hovering now. If what he was saying was true, and he did take over a ship that could hold over two thousand men on it without even seeming tired, he was one of the most powerful deities she'd ever seen. Yet he was just a child, making that power all the more frightening. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

X heard the message in his head.

Oh, great, he thought to himself, as if there aren't ENOUGH voices in my head already, now there's more?

I don't think that was any of us, one of his voices replied.

No shit, the snarky one responded, X just mentioned ANOTHER voice. 

This one sounded more like an onboard message, the rough but tactical one said, I believe we should reply.

Okay, X thought to himself, here goes nothing.

Channeling his thoughts while feebly drowning out his other voices, he attempted to respond to the telepathic distress message.

"Greetings, whoever you are. I have not a single clue who you are or how you got here, but I was created to protect those who created me. If you are an agent of the GAMES, then I will find the source of this signal and terminate you without hesitation. If you're not allied with the GAMES, then alert me of your location. I believe we can both benefit from a mutual partnership."

X looked at his surroundings. 

Hmm, he continued to think,  I wonder exactly how other individuals managed to transmit a message through this mess of a, well, I can only assume that this is a space station.

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

On 5/27/2018 at 11:52 AM, Kronos the Revenant said:

X heard the message in his head.

Oh, great, he thought to himself, as if there aren't ENOUGH voices in my head already, now there's more?

I don't think that was any of us, one of his voices replied.

No shit, the snarky one responded, X just mentioned ANOTHER voice. 

This one sounded more like an onboard message, the rough but tactical one said, I believe we should reply.

Okay, X thought to himself, here goes nothing.

Channeling his thoughts while feebly drowning out his other voices, he attempted to respond to the telepathic distress message.

"Greetings, whoever you are. I have not a single clue who you are or how you got here, but I was created to protect those who created me. If you are an agent of the GAMES, then I will find the source of this signal and terminate you without hesitation. If you're not allied with the GAMES, then alert me of your location. I believe we can both benefit from a mutual partnership."

X looked at his surroundings. 

Hmm, he continued to think,  I wonder exactly how other individuals managed to transmit a message through this mess of a, well, I can only assume that this is a space station.

Trunks looked around the room after receiving a reply back. It had to have come from this room, since the telepathic signal wasn't able to get outside of that confounded barrier. Holding the ship where it was was not a difficult task for Trunks as it only took a small bit of concentration to hold it in his ki. Since that was the case he was able to use his sensory abilities to pick up where the person was. He found the individuals power signature behind some rubble. It wasn't that much stronger than Xena's own signature, and he hadn't really moved yet. 

"I do not know what you mean by the GAMES, however I know you're in this room." Trunks spoke out loud. He emphasized this point by mentally lifting the rubble the man was hiding behind and leaving it hanging in the air as a display of power. He didn't even make a gesture to do it, all he did was put his hands in his pockets while he floated there and looked at him. He seemed to also be a cyborg of some kind. Maybe he was from the ship? 

"My name is Trunks."  

Xena was about to snap with all of the crazy and incomprehensible things that were going on around her. She was not well versed in any form of technology or displays of power like this. All she knew is that Trunks was giving off a power that was greater than any god she'd ever met, and he was proving that suspicion correct with every new thing he did. She had a feeling he could easily kill Ares if he wanted too, and that put her on edge in the worst way. What if he was like Hope, pure evil and just waiting for the moment to take over the world? Would she even be able to do anything about it if he was? She had not felt powerless like this in years. Not since her village was attacked in what felt like a life time ago, or after her legs were broken by Caesar. 

X gazed in awe at what appeared to be a child in awe as he just stood there, hands in his pockets, lifting the rubble without any effort.

Is that magic of some sort? X thought to himself, I doubt that the GAMES have any engineers looking into magic; but, they did manage to wipe out half our home planet in a month, so I guess anything is possible.

But this child says he has no clue who the GAMES are, his calm side replied,  If that's the case, then he can't possibly be one of their agents.

Plus, the snarky one replied, If THAT is a GAMES agent, then that's the most outrageous uniform I've ever seen a cold, calculated soldier wear.

I suppose we should trust him, the gruff voice said, he did just lift some rubble out of our way after all.

You guys are right, X told his voices, I suppose it's worth trying to trust him. He is, after all the only contact we've had in this what appears to be a forsaken ship.

"Greetings, child," X replied to the mystical child in front of him, hoping to not provoke him, "My name is X. I am a soldier of the Resistance of the Enclave Supremacy of Intergalactic Space Tyrants, otherwise known as the RESISTance. Well, actually, I'm more of a top secret experimental bio-weapon used to fight the Genesis Alliance Military Enforcement System, or the GAMES. I don't know how I got here, to be honest with you. The last thing I remember before coming to was that I was involved in a last stand against a legion of Genesis Destroyers in Freedom City. I think I set off some sort of temporal fluctuation device to drive them out, and I somehow ended up here. Like I said, I don't quite remember how I got here, but I can assure you I'm your friend."

• 2 weeks later...

@Skylord Nexus @Kronos the Revenant @Buck Testa 

The spiritual attunement of Xena and Trunks would sense something coming from above. Something from the portal. Something wrong. 

When they turned around to look, they'd see something fall from the portal with a wet splat. Something big.  Something that flailed onto the ground before righting itself on all fours, jagged claws on long bony fingers scraping into the floor. Something coated in patches of dark, matted fur, scabbed flesh and even gangrenous muscle, brown blood dripping from various gashes that criss-crossed over some spiral shaped scars it's bulky, misshapen body.  Something with large pointed ears, a muzzle- or the peeled back, maggot eaten half of a muzzle-  crammed full of sharp crooked teeth and a thin green twisting tongue dangling from the aide of it's mouth. Three fuscia eyes, one on it's right, a bulging one on it's forehead, and one dangling out if it's left socket, looked at the gathered trio.

Trunks might be able to sense ki coming from it, if that ki could somehow ferment and get cancer. To Xena, it was like someone took the essence of Aesculapius, and turned it inside out. A being of disease and rot. A malignant blight given form. 

And it was...laughing? It was laughing. A high pitched, grating, shrill laugh like a hyena. 

It was laughing, as it dug it's claws into the floor, and began lunging itself along it, scampering over the mounds of rubble.

Towards them.  

Trunks was frozen when the creature had bounded out of the portal. Part of his mind knew that it was no match for him. It knew that with a wave of his hand he'd be able to wipe it away from existence. The rest of him was just a little kid seeing the stuff of nightmares. It looked like a fetid, undead monstrosity, a mixture of a zombie and a warewolf that gave off a terrifying aura. Everything about it seemed wrong to him, and he couldn't help but stare at it in fright as he started to sweat. His voice was gone. His body didn't know what to do. All he could do is stare at the frightening creature like a deer in headlights. 

Xena on the other hand only looked enraged as it rushed towards them. They both locked eyes as soon as it had appeared, and she had drawn her blade without a second thought. The snarling creature lurched forward, summoning acidic bile from its stomach and fired it at her feet, intending to melt her legs right off. She leaped out of the way, letting out a battle cry that knocked Trunks back to his senses a bit. It sounded so cool to him as she flipped through the air in full armor and stabbed it in the head. To her surprise it did not go down, rather it just shook its head vigorously to get her off of his face. She obliged, lurching the blade out of the creature and sailing back to the ground. She noticed on the way back down that the floor where his vomit had hit was corroded through. It was very dangerous indeed. 

It snapped at her with its jaws, intending on shattering her arm bones painfully and messily to incapacitate her. She leaped to the side, virtually flying through the air before she started running along the wall and grabbed her Chakram. It rushed for her, but she was ready, Sending the spinning circle of metal roaring through the air and rebounding off of its face, slicing into its eyes before it came back to her. It looked like it did some kind of damage to it, but it wasn't long before its eyes were back and it looked angrier than ever. 

It howled swiped down at her with its foreclaw, growing more irritated with the woman by the second. She took advantage of the reckless strike, giving off her own roar as she cleaved off its appendage with her sword. Despite her best efforts though, it was very fast, and it managed to get her on the second go around, knocking her clear across the room into some rubble. She managed to roll with the blow and mitigate some of the damage, but she was reeling from that attack. 

"Leave her alone!" Trunks yelled out 

It turned around just in time to see a blast of energy hit it's back. It shrieked in pain as trunks lit it ablaze with his energy, forcefully holding one hand out as he watched the creature turn black and crumble into ash. Whatever healing abilities it had was entirely overwhelmed by the continuous bombardment of ki coming from the kid, and it was clear this wasn't even taxing his reserves of power. After Trunks was sure it was gone, he flew blindingly fast until he stopped right in front of Xena, looking like he teleported to her to anyone who couldn't perceive his movements.  

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" 

Xena had an arm dislocated and was bruised from the impact of hitting the rubble, but she responded to her dangling arm by simply popping it back in place with her other arm, making Trunks wince at the sound of it setting back in place. 

"I'm fine. I'm more concerned about this portal and what else it could bring with it."

(edited)

X watched in awe at the spectacle the child and the female warrior were giving out. He wanted to help but was stunned in shock and awe.

Amazing, the calm voice commented in astonishment, both of these warriors are definitely strong, possibly stronger than Armageddon himself. They could prove useful allies.

Or horrifying enemies, the stern one retorted with a hint of distrust, such indomitable power should be contained. We've seen first hand what that kind of power can do to someone.

Indeed, the soothing voice replied in a sad tone, the last time we witnessed someone use power like that, it corrupted her, forcing us to put her down.

I know, X replied to his voices with his eyes tearing up, It was a shame we had to put her down. I loved her so much.

HOLD BACK THOSE TEARS, the manic voice snarled, Let's put them down RIGHT NOW so that we don't get attached to THESE ONES. 

X clenched the sides of his head, shaking it vigorously before suddenly becoming surprisingly calm.

When he regained his composure, he went towards the two warriors in front of him, took a deep breath and said to them, "I apologize for my, um, episode back there. I would've helped you with the creature, but, They were telling me otherwise."

He went up to the female warrior, "I'm not entirely sure we've been properly acquainted. Again I go by the name X. I must say, watching you fight reminds me of this story in my databases of these female warrior beings from various cultures, from Amazons to Valkyries. You are truly a very worthy companion as is your, um, very powerful child friend here. What are your names, again?"

The man shrugged at Trunks "You could of, but you didn't, so we're all good. Besides a good scares what you need in a situation like this, keeps things entertaining." his attitude seeming to be way to nonchalant for the situation they were in. He then turned to Xena when she stated her shock at the numbers trunks could sense, once again shrugging like he didn't care "Not really, 2000's more like the size of a small battalion, nothing on the scale of any army I've ever seen, though those numbers are quite interesting." The cyborg then looked at Trunks again, this time with an intrigued look on his face "Given the numbers and the distributions you describe, i'm guessing you can only sense organic life, correct? Cause those numbers are WAY off."

The man watched as Trunks interacted with X, chuckling to himself "It's certainly an interesting group of people which my experiment has brought, though it is nice to see you all being so civil. I mean when you think about it, things could be a lot worse, there could be horrible zombie abomination coming through the portal." It was at this moment that the horrible zombie abomination fell though the portal "Well lets not worry, I mean sure it looks a little strange... and horrible... and undead, but we shouldn't judge, it could be perfectly tame." as if on cue, it had been the moment when the creature began running at them. (Note: that's the monster Denim did, just in case you think it's a different one.)

After the fight had ended the cyborg sat, quickly hitting his right shoulder with his left hand in a rather pathetic attempt to clap "Bravo! Excellent job with that nasty thing. For a second I though it had you on the ropes, but then that blast BOOM! dead. Wonderful, just wonderful. Though I guess we should get down to business." He then tried to get up, however it seemed as if the poles was too much weight for the cyborg and he quickly fell back down. "Ok, that's not gonna work then. Still things must proceed and I need the city moving or else I'll have a massive file of paperwork to do. Computer, activate the anti-magic shields if you will please." It was at that moment a robotic and emotionless sounding female voice echoed through the room.

" At once Lord Nexus."

Trunks would immediately seem his hold on the ship disappear and the distant sound of groaning metal could be heard, caused by the relived pressure. "Ok. With that done, next thing on the list really should be dealing with that portal. Though there is one single more important task, which so many things could depend on it's vital we take care of it post-haste. A formal introduction! My name is Lucius. Tiberius, Nexus the fourth, scientist, engineer and overall smart-guy. Who may you all be?" It would become very obvious that Lucius seemed to been a somewhat peculiar person, though it did also seem that he knew that most about their current situation."

• 1 month later...

@Skylord Nexus @Buck Testa @Kronos the Revenant

Fromt he portal, soemthign was falling out. Dirt. Twigs. Small stones. Leaves. Branches. 

Another wave of an aura would wash over them. Similar to the last one. But while the last was a polluted bog, this was like a freshwater lake, in the midst of a maelstrom. The type of ki that existed far away from the cities, deep in the untamed wilderness. Those places humans are wary to venture. And it was coming thier way. It was big. It was fierce. And it was-

*Crash!* 

A tree. A big oak tree. Or rather, half an oak tree, crashing into the ruined laboratory. Claw marks adorned deep into it's bark. As did blood. Crimson, and sludgy brown, which seemed to attract the small insects and maggots that made the journey.  Jagged timbers jutted fourth from within, almost as if they were exploding outward, like the base was struck by lightning. Nevertheless, such a primal essence was resonating from this very tree.                                                                      

• 2 weeks later...

"Another day, another win at the Coliseum."  Sora grinned, holding a trophy, "A good way to get started is to have a nice, easy going one keyblade wielder to five heartless fight.  Great stress reliever."  /he /*gave a relieved sigh.  A lot had been on his mind.  He was happy for Riku.  Riku deserved to be a keyblade master, however, there was still a bit of hurt in Sora's heart.  Not because his best friend became master before he did, but because Xehenort had been planning his whole life to lead him to that moment, watching him...it was super creepy.  "He doesn't know anything from this point on, right, so we're all good...just got to find the seven new princesses of heart, and protect them.  A piece of cake."  he grinned, "Now, back to Donald and Goofy.  Maybe they have more information from King Mickey."  He stopped short.  In front of him was a rip, like the one that swallowed his home whole.  "How?  I locked this world!  Twice!  How could they be trying to take it?  I won't let them!"  Hey took out his keyblade, ready to close the gate, but the keyblade didn't glow.  Instead, he was pulled into the vortex like he did the first time.  "Whoooooa!"  he yelled, falling into another world.  He fell between an odd warrior woman and a teen boy.  He stood, woozily, noticing the boy's white hair, and holding his keyblade firm against him, "Xehenort!  Trying to kidnap me again?  I'm wise to you this time.  You can't force me into sleep now!  My friends in my heart keep me stronger than ever!

Trunks was getting more and more flabbergasted with each passing moment. Something called an anti magic field had forced his ki off of the ship, which made no sense to him. He was still calming down from killing that monstrosity that had came from the portal, and still more things were spilling out of it. 

The robot was introducing himself, a tree stump was taking up part of the room that was already cluttered with debris, and some new kid who looked a little older than himself was yelling about how great his friendship is. 

In his frustration, he let out a loud juvenile shout and charged his ki. His hair began to stand up into a strange spiky style, and each individual strand began to turn from lavender to glowing bright gold. The whole ship began to shake rather violently, and the anti magic field that surrounded the outside of the ship buckled under the power emanating from the boy. 

"What is going on!? Where am I? Who are you people! And why are you talking about friendship like that, it's weird man!"

That last part was directed at Sora, pointing his finger directly at the newcomer. 

@Janicethelight @Denim&Venom @Skylord Nexus @Kronos the Revenant

X was dumbfounded at the random appearances of other beings in this reality.

Ugh, he thought to himself, can this mission get any weirder?

He then jolted back when the child yelled and his hair began to spike up. The new kid that came through the portal intrigued him.

A key? he pondered as he observed the child's armament, A very strange choice for a weapon. Although, given its size, it's impractical to use for its original purpose, so it must have some strange significance as a weapon? I wonder...

Suddenly, X felt an overwhelming presence in his head.

Oh, shit, he thought, not at this time, guys.

By that time, his neck snapped to the side, giving out an audible crack. Suddenly, his body began to glow an ethereal white and angelic wings spread from his back.

"Greetings, child," the glowing figure greeted the party, "Pardon my sudden intrusion of my host. I am Miguel, Archangel of the RESISTance and caretaker of the wounded. I sensed a significant amount of distress emanating off of quite a few of you. There should be no reason for us to turn against one another just yet. We've all but been acquainted with one another, so let's please try to do our best to behave ourselves and try to come to some form of a peaceful resolution to our current situation."

His neck snapped once again and X returned to consciousness. 

"What the hell?" he asked bewilderingly, "I blacked out for a moment there. What happened?"

Sora's eyes went bigger (as impossible as it seemed) when the boy he thought was possessed by Xehenort suddenly started shouting, his white like hair turning into a golden color.  Looking closer, the kid didnt have Xahenorts golden eyes, but rather green ones at the moment.  He seemed even more confused than Sora felt.   He hreathed, realizing this kid wasn't Xehenort.  "Uh...well, my friends are my strngth, and have gotten me through everything so.  To me, its pretty usual talk.   Xahenort talks about the power of darkness, and i talk about the power of friendship.  Then we fight, I win, and he goes to possess someone else.  Sorry to say, i thought that somebody was you."  Then a weird guy glowed like a keyhole that had just been closed.  An angel was where the guy glowed.  Oddly enough, this was far from the weirdest thing that Sora had experianced.  Sora listened intently, before the guy came back, "you just um...you went all angelic and told us not to fight eachother."  Sora looked around, "Are you all from thisnworld, or from different ones?"

(edited)

@Janicethelight @Buck Testa @Denim&Venom @Kronos the Revenant

As things began to rather quickly escalate to dangerous levels, Lucius would seem rather calm and in a strange way content with what was occurring, absentmindedly humming a little tune to himself.

Lucius then took the second of respite within the happenings to speak up "I do agree with the angel, you guys won't achieve anything by killing each other... And by extension, my ship. So lets just calm down with our crazy, flashing hair powers, weird angel personalities and friendship speeches, and just listen to each other like civilised lifeforms."

Sora would then see a metal bar slowly coming towards him, then coming to a stop a foot in front of him, followed by a tap to the ankle by the man impaled by said bar. "Well I can answer that question on everyone's behalf I think my key wielding compadre. None of us a from here, except me, I'm from here. Though here isn't from here either, it's from a different here, much in the same way everyone is from a different here, but a different, different here than the different here, here comes from. In short: We are all both simultaneously here and not here at the same relative time. See, makes total sense!" And judging from the beaming smile of his face, Lucius genuinely believed that.

Edited by Skylord Nexus

@Skylord Nexus @Buck Testa @Kronos the Revenant @Janicethelight @Lektra Bolt 

The crew would hear something. From the tree. A groaning sound?

No. A growling one. One that would get louder along with the creaking and eventual cracking of timber. 

The thick branches would spread and snap, and unveiled between them was a tall, imposing figure. Judging by the shapeliness and anatomy, it was female. Covered in grey and white fur, which itself was covered in what looked like half plate armor on the forearms, legs and torso, all made from scrap. Scrap that looked to have grooves cut into it in the shape of claw marks. What else was in the shape of claw marks was the gashes on her right arm, staining and matting the fur and dripping onto the floor. A snarling muzzle bared it's fangs as the clouded irises of night blue eyes darted back and forth behind silver bangs. 

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all. I smell the dancer. I smell it burning. And I smell things that tell me I'm in a very wrong place. Other than this tree, nothing of the forests. Nothing of Gaia. Everything is other worldly. The only thing that's remotley familiar... the scent of metal. Of silicone, lubricants, chemicals, burnt plastic and ozone. The scent of a sterile... once sterile lab. And the scent of man...." 

The growling got louder as the she wolf took a step back. "Humans. Looking at me. Directly at me. Not screaming. Not terrified. Not running away. Meaning the delirium has been dispelled from. Meaning..." She took another step back. Growling even louder, snarling even harder. Eyes darted between the woman and the boy with the gold club.

"Huuuuunterrrrrsss...." could be made out in her growling. "Apes violently fumbling in the dark, trying to take back 'their' night."

To the glowing child she glared. "Maaage...." "The bastards that plunder our sacred ground of their essence, and use what they take to further their own power. And this one looks to be in mid spell."

And at the last one standing, the cyborg, already a distressing enough of a sight, she hissed "Baaaane....." "Looks like a Pentex foot soldier. Still mostly human. But I can sense the otherworldly presence within. He's on his way to becoming a Fomar. Hopefully it is a Bane. I can't believe I just thought that. Because it only gets worse if something else is in possession." 

Her head whipped around as she assessed her surroundings. "It's a lab. I'm in a lab. I'm not supposed to be in a lab. And anyone with the resources, and most importantly, enough knowledge of those who walk the night to be able to gather them? Pentex or not, this is so very, very bad." A hand gripped the tree. "And I need to fix that. Now." 

In a blur, the she wolf whipped the entire tree at the commando and whomever else was near. Less than a second later she was back flipping across the room as far as she could go. She went over a beam that was held up by a console and ducked behind it for cover. 

"Take out the spell caster. That way we can keep reality as is, and keep this fight conventional." She reached into her pack and pulled out a bow, which unfolded itself into a compound one the size of a midevil siege bow. From her quiver, she pulled something that looked more like a dried branch from a thorn bush than an arrow, a barbed head on it's front and owl feathers on the back. She quickly notched back and fired.

Right at Goldilocks. 

Finally something Xena could wrap her head around. The boys godlike power and the increasing cast of strange characters endlessly put her on edge, but a lycanthrope she could understand. 

"CHeeeeeeeeyiiiii!"

She leaped into the air and sailed through the air with her leg out in a powerful kick. Trunks could see a crude version of ki flight keeping her aloft as she slammed into the trestrunk. Though she wasn't able to completely change its trajectory, she was able to aim it away from harm at the very least. Like the beast from before, this lycanthrope was exceptionally strong. 

While Still in the air, she gripped her chakrum and expertly sent it flying through the air, cleaving straight through the arrow heading to trunks before rebounding off a wall back to her hand just as she landed. 

Trunks meanwhile appeared to have vanished in thin air. An arrow was so far below a concern for him it wasn't worth dodging, but since Xena had taken care of it, he decided to get up close and personal. 

He sped to the werewolf and performed a simple chop to her head 

"Stop that"

Though it seemed like a subtle move, the strength behind it was nothing like the wolf would have ever felt. 

Spoiler

original.gif

Sora was perplexed. First of all, he had no idea what the dude had just said to explain the situation.  Second,  An odd creature cane out of the tree, snarling, and everyone starts fighting it without a second thought.  He looked to him.  He had met all sorts of creatures before now: talking lions, blue fuzzy aliens, faires, boys that could fly, wild men, demigods, mermaids...the list goes on, but this creature that talked of mages and hunters, holding out a bow....that was a new one.  He knew the creature thought the golden haired kid was someone he wasn't.  Sora opened his mouth to try talking to him, but the other two sprang into action, so he held back.

It had been a pretty average day for Derpy.  She had just came back from the store, rolling her eyes at the murmuring.  She didn't mind the curiosity,  but no one had come up to ask about why she had wings save for a young child that was quickly pulled away by his mother, "would it kill this world to be a bit more friendly?!"

"I did tell you that it was much different from Equestria when we first arrived"  The Doctor recalled, working in the Tardis, "and with your wings, you are easily noticed in human society!"

Derpy sighed, "I know, and im used to most of it by now.  The biggest thing that bothers me is that nopon-I mean, no one talks to eachother here.  How do they make friends?!"

"Well, fear not, Derpy.  I have come up with a way that should reopen the dimensional rift just ling enough for us to get inside it!"

Derpy felt relief wash over her.  They could both go home, where the Doctor was much better off.  She looked, seeing the gateway open up, and gasped, "Wow, Doctor!  Its already open!"

The Doctor looked to see the gateway, "I didn't turn it on, Derpy!"  He pulled out his sonic screwdriver, waving up ajd down, "No, this is a different distortion!"

"Doctor!" Derpy yelled, slipping, I'm being pulled in!"  She grabbed the edge of the Tardis, clinging with all her might.

The Doctor felt himself pulled by the mysterious force as well, allowing it to pull him close to Derpy, their fruits, vegtables, and muffins sucked in.  "Hold tight, Derpy"  he yelled.

"I'm trying!"  Derpy admitted, her fingers slipping before she and the Doctor were pulled in, landing with a crack as she caused a giant crater in the ship.  "My bad!"  She sighed before noticing all sorts of odd characters.

The doctor landed on his rump as well, not leaving any marks.  He jumped up, dusted himself off, and looked where he was, sonic out to read people, "Interesting.  It seems that no one here is meant to be here.  They are anomoles from different dimensions!  Just like you were in mine and me in yours, but what are we all doing cooped up on a vessel of some sort?"

"Doctor...you forgot your manners again.  Sorry, he forgets to introduce himself when he is excited.  He's the Doctor, and I'm Derpy.  Its nice to meet you all!"

@Skylord Nexus @Buck Testa @Kronos the Revenant @Janicethelight @Lektra Bolt 

Spoiler

She felt it. The sudden shift in the air as she pulled out her next arrow.

"Just like the mages used back home, or the tricks pulled by the Bastet when they used mirrors. How something becomes noticeable when it's gone. Like sitting in an air conditioned room, only for it to shut off. "

She felt that overwhelming aura return, and it was uncomfortably close. "You can't help but notice when it comes back on." She had very, very little time to react. Best she could do was shift her head to the side by centimeters. Twist her posture to the right. And pull that last arrow out. Thorned, like the first one. Right into the path of the godchild's strike.

But the only thing faster than the motion of his hand, was the transfer of her own spirit Ki. Her gnosis, from her fingers into the feathers, helping bolster the spirit within. 

"Spirit of the bitter herbs. Roots of ivy and hemlock. Work your magic, as I lend you mine."

*Crack!*

The arrow bent under Trunk's strike. But did not break. Though that would be the least surprising thing. First would be the sensation of his super-form flaring out.  And second was the pins and needles that seemed to travel all over the insides of his being, as he felt his Ki freeze in place, and his body with it. 

Mindy began to slide the arrow down Trunks hand, hooking the head between his thumb and finger, resting the arrow along his arm. "As long as contact is maintained, the spirit will keep his magic or whatever supernatural fuel he's using paralyzed. Now then-" She remembered seeing that discus weapon fly from the huntress. "The other boy doesn't appear to have any ranged weapons on him, and the soldier was saved from the tree. But it's still in his way. So the best way to avoid ranged combat-" She quickly folded her bow and stashed it. She gripped a piece of support railing with one hand, and the grated floor with the other. 

Low, she crouched, like a predator waiting to pounce. How apt, as she bolted forward into a headlong charge, tearing the rail and section of floor out with her. Now she had a shield and a spear. Closing fast on the warrior princess and the key blade wielder.  

"Make it close and personal!"  She finished as the soon to be latest arrivals were having an adventure in space and time.                                                             

*Splat!*

"Stop that."

The words of a child would be the last words Mindy Fenris would ever hear. First that overwhelming aura was in front of her, then it was behind. The senses weren't designed to comprehend it. She didn't even register her thorned arrow getting split and barley noticed the tree she hitched a ride on getting knocked aside. Heck, that child mage was still in front of her as she heard the words from behind. 

Her second thorned arrow tumbled to the floor. Her war bow clattered against the wrecked console. And her chiseled frame went limp, her face falling forward, sliding off of Trunk's hand and hitting the steel beam, before she slid down it and collapsed onto the floor. Blood now hemorrhaged from the concave in her skull. 

The strongest beast nature could raise, has been felled as far from her home as time and space would allow. 

Trunks let out a noise of disgust from being covered in blood and a bit of gray matter from the warewolf. He could have sworn he had held back. He hit Mr Satan harder than he hit that wolf, but it had just popped like a pinata and crumpled into a heap, dead.

"Oh kami its everywhere." He moaned as he looked at his clothes and hand, trying to get the blood off of him as if he had jumped into a puddle. He had gone hunting with Goten for food before. He was no stranger to killing animals. He hadn't intended on killing the wolf, but he didn't feel especially bad about it. 

@Skylord Nexus @Janicethelight

"Hey friendship boy, Robo captain guy, you got a towel or something?" He asked casually to Sora and Lucius; his glowing body in a dimly lit room, covered in blood, making quite a first impression. 

Xena meanwhile was extremely on edge. This Trunks had no idea how strong he was. Not compared to the rest of them. He casually killed two opponents she would have had a hard time with, once entirely by accident. One false move and she would be dead, regardless of how many people she had defeated up to this point. 

Edited by Buck Testa

With the beast’s entrails splattered upon his body, X began to hyperventilate. 

Oh, no, he thought to himself, no, no, not blood. Anything but blood gore and guts around me. 

X’s body began to tremble erratically. He began screeching which was followed by short bursts of maniacal laughter. 

“FRESH MEAT!!!!” he screeched, “MEAT!!!!”

X’s neck kept swinging from side to side as different personalities tried to calm him. 

“No, Ravager,” X said to himself while he glowed with a green aura, “You can’t. Not wih this many potential allies around us.”

”BLAH,” he resumed, this time with a red aura, “I. AM. HUNGRY!!!!!!!”

”We understand, Ravager,” he said to himself with a purple aura, “But you’re just going to devour our friends again.”

”Wait a moment,” Miguel interrupted, “what if we let Ravager just eat the werewolf carcass. I mean, it’s just laying there and no one here seems like they’ll have any qualms with Ravager having a feast of a carcass.”

”MMMPH, YES,” Ravager replied maniaclly, “MUST FEED. MUST EAT. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT!!!!!”

X’s base form suddenly came to as he quickly begged his colleagues, “Let Ravager eat the werewolf, please, or else he’ll eat all of you guys!!!”

• 2 weeks later...

Lucius seemed extraordinarily calm through the rather gruesome death of the werewolf, not seeming fazed in the slightest, in fact he seemed quite the opposite "Oh, it must be Thursday. That's the only logical way to explain this. Too bloody to be a Monday." He then turned to look at Trunks "Sorry, no towel. I think I left mine under one of the other piles of debris here." He then gestured to the rest of the flaming wreckage in the room.

The cyborg then turned his head and looked at X from his position on the floor "Hey. no one is eating anyone, this was an unfortunate accident and she was probably scared for her life. Ultimately it's my fault she died, she deserves a proper burial at least. Assuming nothing else can be done to save her. On another note-" Lucius then slide against the wall, and used to slide up so he was pretty much standing up and began talking to them in a tone a per-school teacher might with her class of children "How about we all play a little game? It's called we all calm the f**k down and talk like the civil, sentient lifeforms we are."