Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So I killed a butterfly.

Mr. Jaguar

This exact situation happened to me, except the butterfly had many, many colors. It was huge, as well.

We ran it over with a car. Just because we're hardcore.

• Brohoof 1

.___.

I'll leave this blissful thread alone -- I think pointing out the obvious world struggles don't apply.

You killed a butterfly. Hopefully it feels better now TuT.

Dont feel bad it was probably gona die or already dead. (leg twitch could be the nervous system giving its last electric current thing)

You did good.

Am I the only one that doesn't care that you 'killed' a butterfly ? (; ~

Like seriously though, o.o

I'm on this train.

I mean, woo morality and all that, but it was a butterfly.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can't really relate, as I have absolutely zero empathy for bugs, but I think it was better to put it out of its misery. And for all you know, it could've already been dead, in which case, it wouldn't really have mattered anyway. So, yeah, no matter if it was still alive or not, probably a good move.

Edited by Clover Heart

What's with mlpforums members and dying animals? :wacko:

I guess, if you like a show centered around ponies, you probably like animals. And if you like animals, it must disturb you to see one die. And if you're disturbed about something, you probably wanna talk about it. And what better place than a forum where people share your feelings about animals? Comes full circle.

This is true... It was only a butterfly, a soulless animal. You are not supposed to be cruel towards them, but killing them out of mercy is just fine. Why do you kill deer? 'Cause it's fun to kill stuff! O_o

You did the right thing, put the thing out of his misery. Happened to me once you know, my favourite horse was down with a broken knee....so I shot him in the head.

:( sorry to hear that, was it old?

:( sorry to hear that, was it old?

He was what you would call, a 'teenage horse'. You probably know that when a horse is lame, you have to put him down...(unless you can find a carbon copy of Fluttershy). His end was quick and painless, the gun I used was a high-precision hunting rifle with the pointiest bullet I could find for it.

P.S: Don't feel bad about killing the Butterfly, he would have died an agonizing death anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I have killed a butterfly once, in 6th grade and regretted it badly, don't worry about it, there are plenty of butterflies in this world.

I feel so out of place in this thread.

I mercilessly kill ants, termites, and Mosquitos whenever I find them. I sometimes whack bees and wasps and other flying insects with a badminton racket.

On the flip side, I never harm spiders if I can avoid it. They are my friends. Sometimes I have to kill them, though. My mom and sisters are terrified of spiders, and value their mental well being over the life of a spider. So when I find a spider in a part of the house where other could easily find it, I usually kill it or try to take it outside.

One time on a survival campout, none of our snares worked, and the scout leader conviniently forgot to tell us that there were no fish in the lake we were next to. So for 3 days, all I had to eat was half a small snake.

Then the scout leader felt sorry for us and brought a few chickens from his farm. I had a machete with me, and I gladly killed the chickens without a second thought. I enjoyed it immensely, because after I killed them, we plucked, skinned, and roasted them, and I had the best damn chicken breast of my life.

• Brohoof 1

I feel so out of place in this thread.

I mercilessly kill ants, termites, and Mosquitos whenever I find them. I sometimes whack bees and wasps and other flying insects with a badminton racket.

On the flip side, I never harm spiders if I can avoid it. They are my friends. Sometimes I have to kill them, though. My mom and sisters are terrified of spiders, and value their mental well being over the life of a spider. So when I find a spider in a part of the house where other could easily find it, I usually kill it or try to take it outside.

One time on a survival campout, none of our snares worked, and the scout leader conviniently forgot to tell us that there were no fish in the lake we were next to. So for 3 days, all I had to eat was half a small snake.

Then the scout leader felt sorry for us and brought a few chickens from his farm. I had a machete with me, and I gladly killed the chickens without a second thought. I enjoyed it immensely, because after I killed them, we plucked, skinned, and roasted them, and I had the best damn chicken breast of my life.

and today's angel of death award go's to you.
  • Brohoof 1

Yucky. i absolutely hate the taste of venison steak. *_*

Not the biggest fan of venison steak either, but venison roast is delicious. Also, use the leftover roast in a venison chili? Oh man, so good.

(edited)

and today's angel of death award go's to you.

*listens to Slayer*

Heh, back in my old house, the neighbor kids and I once spent an entire summer killing crickets. Our parents hated them since they would eat our plants, so we started killing them any way we could. We had methods of finding them, usually just kicking up a little dust, which would scare any nearby crickets into jumping, and once they gave up their position, they were dead. We killed thousands, and most in fairly sadistic ways. I won't elaborate, but it got pretty bad at times.

And then, there were hardly any for the next few years. We seemed to have altered the population significantly enough for it to have some impact. When there were fewer, we would catch one or two and then throw them in the web of a wolf spider and watch the epic battle that ensued. The spiders usually won, but there were quite a few times when the cricket would escape, or it would kick the spider and it would skitter down its hole for awhile.

We were some fucked up little kids. We're all totally fine now, though :)

Edited by Evilshy