Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Realm of the Mad God

Ink

Played it before on Kongregate. Was kinda' cool.

Played it when it came to Steam. Lame'd out. My computer could barely handle it for some reason as well.

Although I do find the Permadeath fascinating. More games should have it.

I agree that it became too crowded once it came on Steam, but it has some good sides - for example, it's always possible to find a group to train with.

I played it a bit before it was on steam with some friends. I really liked it but the combination of my unstable internet connection and perma-death made it practically impossible to play.

• 7 months later...

Play it, peeps. It's addicting when you get into it, and permadeath is what makes the game unique...it would make me happy if more people from this forum play it :)

People from here still play it? That's cool.

I went back to it a while ago, I didn't like it though. Kabam commercialized the shit out of it. I teleported back to the nexus, and then there's just this huge, in-your-face ad for one of their gold deals. Then they let you buy classes early for gold. Then the advert to the top left and all. It just seems pretty annoying.

Have they calmed down with all that stuff yet?

I do remember playing it before though. I quit about two weeks after it got acquired by Kabam, not that they did anything bad within that time. I maxed out SPD and DEX on a priest, and he got >1000 fame. How did I die? I was chilling solo in godlands, and then I looked off my screen (it hurts my eyes to keep my eyes peeled open to keep myself alive) for two seconds while running, and next thing you know, I run right in the middle of a god-wall and get myself killed before I can teleport out or heal myself. Gaaaaah. Dying from lag-spikes kinda sucks too.

Fun game though. Maybe we could get a bunch of people from this site on the same server, and have some fun there. :)

• Brohoof 1

People from here still play it? That's cool.

I went back to it a while ago, I didn't like it though. Kabam commercialized the shit out of it. I teleported back to the nexus, and then there's just this huge, in-your-face ad for one of their gold deals. Then they let you buy classes early for gold. Then the advert to the top left and all. It just seems pretty annoying.

Have they calmed down with all that stuff yet?

I do remember playing it before though. I quit about two weeks after it got acquired by Kabam, not that they did anything bad within that time. I maxed out SPD and DEX on a priest, and he got >1000 fame. How did I die? I was chilling solo in godlands, and then I looked off my screen (it hurts my eyes to keep my eyes peeled open to keep myself alive) for two seconds while running, and next thing you know, I run right in the middle of a god-wall and get myself killed before I can teleport out or heal myself. Gaaaaah. Dying from lag-spikes kinda sucks too.

Fun game though. Maybe we could get a bunch of people from this site on the same server, and have some fun there. :)

Eh, I've only played this for a month so I haven't done much yet. Apparently the community got really annoyed and complained all the time about the annoying pop-ups on the forums. I personally don't mind that much as "dying by lag" is a commonly used excuse and most of the time it's someone's own fault, not the game's.

There was also a duping fiasco thing that "ruined the game," as they say, but it's fixed now. 

I used to play this all the time! I was addicted actually. then I took a break about a month ago I have been planning on getting back to it when I'm less busy. (I was also planning on starting a Brony guild on it)

Edited by Mellow

Downloaded it on Steam because a friend would beg my to play it constantly.

It's an OK game but it's not really my type... and the permadeath/one life thing is ehh, I mean it would be fun as a bonus mode but not in the main game.

Edited by Vengeance

Eh, I've only played this for a month so I haven't done much yet. Apparently the community got really annoyed and complained all the time about the annoying pop-ups on the forums. I personally don't mind that much as "dying by lag" is a commonly used excuse and most of the time it's someone's own fault, not the game's.

There was also a duping fiasco thing that "ruined the game," as they say, but it's fixed now. 

Well, I'd say dying by lag is a pretty legitimate excuse. In godlands (before everyone runs in and thins the place out), Oryx, or in high tier dungeons, just 2 seconds or less of unresponsiveness is enough to get your level 20 character with good equipment killed. It is preventable though, just by not playing when the server's under stress.

I almost thought that when you said "pop ups on the forum", you actually meant there were pop ups when browsing the forums. My mind just slipped a bit. But yeah, those pop ups really, really bug me.

Good community though when I played. Not sure if it's the same, but people were nicer there than on other MMO's.

Whew, brings back memories. And memories of easily-preventable but still existent deaths. :(

It didn't interest me. An aerial view game with the most awkward controls known . (To me atleast) maybe if I worked around the contols it'd be decent, but it's just another flash game typeish game to me.

I almost thought that when you said "pop ups on the forum", you actually meant there were pop ups when browsing the forums. My mind just slipped a bit. But yeah, those pop ups really, really bug me.

Nah, not those. Pop ups in the game...release 8 was all about sale sale sale. >_>

Good community though when I played. Not sure if it's the same, but people were nicer there than on other MMO's.

Can't exactly say the forumers are nice, at least not half as nice as people from here, but then again, it's a gaming community.

If it brings back memories, maybe you ought to play again. ;) 

Oh :D

I used to play ROTMG a lot actually, but I quit after amulets became untradeable and not 100% efficient. That kind of ruined the game for me because I play rogue mostly and I break 1-2 amulets a week. I have 2 characters, one is 7/8 rogue with only mana missing, other is 4/8 archer. I have a small batch of decent gear in my vault, so if anypony needs it I'd be happy to help. :]

Eh, I've played it a bit, unlocked a few characters. I was intrigued by it being called a bullet hell MMORPG, but it didn't really live up to my expectations. Not really a bullet hell and not really an RPG, just a top down shooter with some RPG elements.

It didn't do much for me, it seems like just a big grindfest until you can get good equipment and tons of potions so you can max stats and then kill he boss :/

Also, I've played a fair amount of roguelikes in my time as a gamer, so permadeath is nothing new :/

Edited by Evilshy

Omg I put so much time into this game! XD I spent HOURS unlocking all of the classes, it was SO hard to do after a while because levelling was sometimes tedious. I started joining "experience trains" and you would level up crazyily. 

I have a small batch of decent gear in my vault, so if anypony needs it I'd be happy to help. :]

YESSSSS FRI ITENZ PL0X

Ammys are removed now because permadeath was supposed to be part of the game, and because of duping, it basically ruined the whole concept.  

I'm not a fan of MMO's unless I'm playing it with friends. Unfortunately though, my friends are too poor to afford a PC powerful enough to play MMOs, or they're too lazy to get off of Xbox to play with me.

I wouldn't mind playing it if some people would play it with me/help me not die.

I'm not a fan of MMO's unless I'm playing it with friends. Unfortunately though, my friends are too poor to afford a PC powerful enough to play MMOs, or they're too lazy to get off of Xbox to play with me.

I wouldn't mind playing it if some people would play it with me/help me not die.

Really? Realm of the mad god doesn't require a good PC to run it, you should tell your friends that. I mean, my single core Intel Celeron could run it before I upgraded my computer.

Anyway, I'm getting back into this. I'm planning to create a guild for the people here, 1k fame isn't that much to dump, so I'm good with it.

Any name suggestions? Hopefully we could get more people to play like this.

YESSSSS FRI ITENZ PL0X

Ammys are removed now because permadeath was supposed to be part of the game, and because of duping, it basically ruined the whole concept.  

Ok, pm me and we can set something up :]

Anyway, I haven't been back to the game after ammies were changed so I had no idea they were removed completely :/

https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/92872

"CptLeon Loves Cubes" is a must read, the best (well, the only) RotMG fan-fiction I have ever read. Already a warning, but in case you can't read warnings, yet you're still literate enough to read the story itself, it's NSFW.

Also, anyone know how to actually play Knight without having to Nexus out all the time? I'm not willing to use mules to transfer pots or anything, I'd rather just play the game normally.

Edited by Railrunner

Play it, peeps. It's addicting when you get into it, and permadeath is what makes the game unique...it would make me happy if more people from this forum play it :)

I play it, my name is Wubsie on there.

I'm still a newbie. xD

I just started not too long ago and it's really fun in my opinion. So addicting... 

• Brohoof 1

Also, anyone know how to actually play Knight without having to Nexus out all the time? I'm not willing to use mules to transfer pots or anything, I'd rather just play the game normally.

Melee sucks unmaxed, so don't even use Knight without at least maxing his defense.

Also, I read the Anti-Priest--it's a great RotMG fanfic, no NSFW, and just...you get into it. It has an original plot, as well.

I play it, my name is Wubsie on there. I'm still a newbie. xD I just started not too long ago and it's really fun in my opinion. So addicting... 

YOU PLAY IT?!?!?!?!?! I GOTTA LOCK YOU :o 

• Brohoof 1

Melee sucks unmaxed, so don't even use Knight without at least maxing his defense.

Also, I read the Anti-Priest--it's a great RotMG fanfic, no NSFW, and just...you get into it. It has an original plot, as well.

YOU PLAY IT?!?!?!?!?! I GOTTA LOCK YOU :o

Aww man, I don't want to use mules or anything. Oh well, I sacrificed my Knight because I got bored after reaching level 20. I used to have all class leveled to 20, but after the updates, a lot of my classes disappeared.

And no NSFW? But Knight x Cube God is my OTP!

I play it, my name is Wubsie on there.

I'm still a newbie. xD

I just started not too long ago and it's really fun in my opinion. So addicting... 

It is, it is. So what class do you like best so far? That is, if you've gotten to the other classes.

And what servers do you guys play on? I'm the user "Swampgoat" on USEast2, if anyone else is here.

Edited by Railrunner
  • Brohoof 1