Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dr. Wolf's Theory about the 7th Element (which is BRILLIANT!)

FlareGun45

Oh come on! You're always hoping for a lot of Spike every season. Now, I understand he's your favorite character, but he's not the only one who should have his "biggest season" with Season 9.

Truth is, we don't even know what Season 9 will have yet, no matter what happens. The least we can do is just wait until about half a year later.

Just now, FirePuppy said:

Oh come on! You're always hoping for a lot of Spike every season. Now, I understand he's your favorite character, but he's not the only one who should have his "biggest season" with Season 9.

Truth is, we don't even know what Season 9 will have yet, no matter what happens. The least we can do is just wait until about half a year later.

That's true! ;) But this is what keeps me going in the show.

After the disappointment in Father Knows Beast, I was thinking of leaving again. It's Spike that keeps me watching this show! If I know he doesn't do anything, I wouldn't even bother watching it anymore! Just like you really wanting Pinkie and Flutters to have a big role next season as well! And they probably will! Since it's the last season, it's the Mane 7's season! The only ones you should feel afraid of being cheated is Starlight or the CMCs!

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, VG_Addict said:

Not to be rude, but you're starting to sound like a fan of a bad sports team. "I'm telling you, this is our year! They're gonna go all the way!".

I agree with this guy. We don't always get what we want to see. Like I expected Fluttershy and Pinkie to get Seasons 8 onwards, but it turned out to be the opposite of that for Season 8 alone. But after learning from things, I don't always post things like this every time.

Edited by FirePuppy

18 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Not to be rude, but you're starting to sound like a fan of a bad sports team.

"I'm telling you, this is their year! They're gonna go all the way!".

15 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

I agree with this guy. We don't always get what we want to see. Like I expected Fluttershy and Pinkie to get Seasons 8 onwards, but it turned out to be the opposite of that for Season 8 alone. But after learning from things, I don't always post things like this every time.

I just want to express my excitement for season 9 and share the brilliant theory made by the brilliant Dr. Wolf! If this doesn't happen, THE SHOW will tell me, not random members of the fandom! :P 

You don't HAVE TO respond to these, FirePup! These opinions don't have to bother you if you just don't let them! :P This is all I'll say in this regard. So please, I don't want another topic locked because of a stupid flame war. We'll end this conversation here. If you really wanna talk about it - PM me.

17 minutes ago, Califorum said:

I don't think Spike would be a 7th element of harmony. Why would we need one? It's fine as it is. Besides the show is ending soon, why would it matter?

It would matter if a 7th element is something that shows up in Season 9. As for why it'd be needed, I dunno, if they run into a situation where the Elements aren't quite strong enough and need a bit more power, perhaps?

Not saying it isn't fine as it is too, because it is. But if they decided to go with the "7th Element" route, I think it could work if they wrote it well enough.

I could see Spike as being the 7th element. Green element -> green spines that glow like a cutie mark when he got called by the map.

What I'm still trying to figure out is how that would square with the Student 6 (presumably) playing an ever-increasing role of importance with the elements on their own. Clearly due to there being 6 students and 6 elements, they are being groomed to take on the mantle of the Mane 6 at some point. Where would a 7th element (be it Spike or someone else) fit in among them. (I will facepalm if it turns out to be Cozy Glow instead, lol.)

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

@MegaSean45

You haven't even seen Father Knows Beast yet. So why are you calling it a disappointment?

I think he already has. The episode aired in Denmark last night and is fansubbed in English.

This is an old popular fan theory that Spike is the 7th Element so I'm not surprised that it resurfaces now and again. Would be interesting and it's fun to speculate. 

3 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Yeah but Wolf and Sean are prognosticators of fun narrative elements and story beats. You focus on the numerical value of featured characters. You don't get what you want because the writers know better. Story and hook comes first. I keep telling you that this is how they write and you keep ignoring that idea, yet who is the one who is consistently wrong about that. The writers want to tell stories that interests them. They don't put parity as a priority. 

MegaSean and Wolf's concept is at least fun and completely different that a vacuous concept like balanced appearances. 

• Brohoof 2

43 minutes ago, Jeric said:

You focus on the numerical value of featured characters.

That's because I've been an addict to the subject of math since I was a kid.

By the way, Dry63 and Rainbowderp01 at the MLP Wiki do this too.

Hmm..i was wondering why there's a green gem, I thought it was a discolored..but this actually make sense now.

2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

That's because I've been an addict to the subject of math since I was a kid.

By the way, Dry63 and Rainbowderp01 at the MLP Wiki do this too.

I haven't seen so much as a basic binomial distribution on there, though it's easy enough to accomplish. :P

Now back on point since this is about whether Spike could be the 7th Element. I do think that the presence of a green leave is odd, though I'm not an artist, it certainly sticks out visually like a sore thumb. We do know that some story beats of the show are planned out, even if they don't know how they want to get there exactly. Staff had hinted at Sunset coming back to Equestia before the Season 5 premier, and that wasn't executed until later. 

All I know is that it's an interesting theory, and the show does have a tendency to hand wave earlier aspects of world building for something they consider more exciting. Spike being a hidden element certainly fits the current theme of world building and inclusion, as well as Spike's personal arc. 

• Brohoof 3

Easily one of Dr. Wolf's best theory videos. I always thought the presence of that green gem was weird, and if it turns out that it's something that was planned as early as when Faust was still on staff, holy moly, what a treat that would be. With foreshadowing as early as from Season 1, it would definitely make the most sense for Spike to be the seventh element, as he's been here from the beginning unlike Starlight. I wouldn't cry if it were to be someone other than him, but I just don't see why it wouldn't be him. It would make for the perfect completion of his character arc too.

• Brohoof 3

17 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Easily one of Dr. Wolf's best theory videos. I always thought the presence of that green gem was weird, and if it turns out that it's something that was planned as early as when Faust was still on staff, holy moly, what a treat that would be. With foreshadowing as early as from Season 1, it would definitely make the most sense for Spike to be the seventh element, as he's been here from the beginning unlike Starlight. I wouldn't cry if it were to be someone other than him, but I just don't see why it wouldn't be him. It would make for the perfect completion of his character arc too.

It'd actually be weird if it was anyone else. Spike's a 'main character' as confirmed by the staff, and Starlight isn't. Why would the staff call him a 'main character' for no reason? IF there is a 7th element, it will certainly be his! It's all in the matter of questioning whether there is a 7th element or not! ;) 

• Brohoof 1

Dr Wolf is using too much headcanons. I doubt the show staff intended Spike to be an element of Harmony. If so then any character would point that out. Instead they are more comfortable to make Student6 look like new bearers while Spike is still just some sidekick.

Edited by Conred

Look at Twilight's cutie mark....

6cf1e851ac20464f55682bdb988c4dc9.jpg.bbe611d72cf61faa1631e918b9f9274f.jpg

It's supposed to represent the Element of Harmony, right? The big purple star is Twlight's, and then the five other stars represent the Mane 5, and then there's another white star right behind the purple one, hiding it, it protecting it!