Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

I'll respond to things tomorrow here in the OOC. Really knackered right now, but wanted to say that if I misunderstood something about the mind and stuff that made it something you weren't keen on, just lemme know, and I'll fix it, soon as my brain have gotten a chance to rest.

@Illiad Easle

Alright, ready to answer things. And very sorry for not answering things on Tuesday, though worry not, I would have agreed. What you set up were great. :) As for the plausibility of things, we have so far established that there are certain loopholes in their curse that can be exploited if you know exactly what you're doing, and it stands to reason that if Selena can get in, she too can escape. Provided that the circles do not get ruined somehow, in which case they'd likely have to be remade before she could bridge an escape route.

That being said, loopholes sounds too easy, so let's say that when she does eventually escape, it's gonna be really painful. Not just the uncomfortable kind that have happened on entry. Think of it as the tricks employed being less like a surgeon's knife, and more akin to a sledgehammer, as she does in some way need to force her way through, and the curse makes it impossible to be gentle. Just a suggestion anyway.

Now, for when it got trapped, I think that will depend on what deity 900 failed. They've been in many, many places, but... We could tie it in with one of the bad memories that torments Null. Say, one of them - not gonna say where though - would show a situation where Null either had to do something drastic, or make some kind of sacrifice (you can think on whatever really, as I she will do literally anything if it means Void lives, and always have been, so get creative if you wish to make your own memories somewhere in there) and in the moment, unbeknownst to her, 900 would have seen his chance to slip through.

Likely it would have to do with some sort of situation that meant she could not be expected to notice, like say, she failed getting someone out from a tunnel before a large rock came down and crushed them right in front of her. Said being might have been holding some sort of artifact that upon breaking, would bash a shockwave towards not just her, but also the rest of the tunnel, likely crushing countless others. She might play it off cool, but she does feel pain when seeing someone who doesn't deserve to die perish, and the horrors of it all, combined with the shockwave might have left an opening not only in her mind, but her curse, however brief it might be. Or 900 got smashed in there by accident, Anyway, just the first thing that came off the top of my head.

And to explain the setting I made for her mind, I figured you wanted a representation, and Null is pretty messed up inside. Anger keeps her somewhat focused, but she's broken, and barely keeping it together. With hope having left her mind, there's not any real light to shine over the shattered landscape either, and as for the mannequins, I thought of a few things whilst writing, but I set on those eventually, as they'd kinda represent her. Just getting through like nothing bothered them, but have a look beneath the surface, and you'd see the crumbling mess beneath, complete with the emotions that ran through and potentially some thoughts out loud for good measure. Her mind is basically populated by these figures, carrying pieces of herself upon their damaged forms, and almost all of them holds memories of pain that she can't let go off, and doesn't know how to share and seek help with. They're just weighing her down further.

For fun, there's some good ones here and there if you really look. Not a whole lot, but then again, I don't know how long you will be there, so eh. :)

And as a last bit, the platform they/she starts on might be barren, but others will have spotted vegetation, pieces of buildings, snow, etc. It depends on the area and situation where the actual things happened that lingers with her. If you find one with a lot of sand, you'll likely run into the one where they thought their parents died, as well as where they lost their limbs, as an example.

Again, not sure if this is what you wanted, but I did what I could think off. Feel free to correct me on some things if it is.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Really I'm impressed, I think you captured the image rather well. I was thinking much of the same things as I was thinking about what to write.

As to 900's entrance, we'd have to have a similarly extreme effort or force that got it in there as it is for Selena to get in. We could say that 900 was bound to the powerful artifact, or controlling the one holding it when it was destroyed, and the magical shockwave then propelled 900 into Null?

As to Selena's ability to get in/out, she was only able to get in because 900 was already there, if it wasn't there to unwillingly be the other half of the bridge it would have taken much more effort to get through. As to her getting out it will indeed be quite the effort, but similar to the first effort with her and Illiad being the two halves of the bridge.

I'll have my post up momentarily, as to moving forward Selena has two objectives, find 900 and contain it, and find Null to try and heal her. We'll see how these play out.

@Illiad Easle

Been using the siren brothers as a sort of side gag in their back story for a while, and I was low on ideas, so figured I might as well use 'em. Your decision what happened to them. if they're alive, dead, exiled, isolated in the ruins of their country, if they joined in on the battle or fought against Discord, etc. Your pick on the fate of them and their area, since the ruined world is your setting, not mine. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Hopefully that will live up to your expectations. :) Remember these representations of her parents are mainly positive opposites of the dead ones, so I figured I'd direct their talking to reflect that, and be really supportive. Do not take it as an indication of how they have to actually be. Just a representation these ones. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

By the way, sorry for it having toned down with the responses, but things have been crazy recently with work and me suddenly getting 4 more people in my own RP to deal with, with a fifth prepping to enter. After 10-11 posts post work, I don't have the energy to be here always. Soon vacation though, so that's gonna help reload. :) Just figured I'd explain myself.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

Well, after the Grey, there's Equestria. Returned or not after this whole debacle, they'd probably like to see it, and give their last respects to the fallen kingdom. Depending on what happens then  more things mag show. But we have a while until we get there. :)

And just for the record, Null's not going soft, just not interested in the chef or others joining because they had to. She wants the Grey of the past to suffer for what they have done, and unless these new ones starts to do what they did - such as attempts at kidnapping Void and her - she'll probably keep it at beating information out of them. Verbally or physically depends on her mood, and the target.

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

You're probably not going to like this one, but I think it's appropriate. 

Also, I'd remind you that while Vale is somewhat judging Null, she didn't say anything. I didn't stop the scene as I would assume that Null would read something to the effect by Vale's expression, but I would remind that the only visible actions were Vale's fear at Null's aggression, her dismissing Void's offer out of said preoccupation, and Pen's statement that Vale had released them from containment. 

I'll refrain from putting secret information in my posts if that helps keep justifying information from percieved information. In the case of my last post, everything after Forthwith in the last paragraph was justifying information, not something they would be able to percieve.

@Illiad Easle

I don't know why I wouldn't like it. Actions have consequences, and eventually, Pen will have to answer for her choices now too.

I do kinda like this stalemate, with Void caught in the middle between two sides who both do have a legit reason to dislike the other. No one here is innocent in this matter, though with how the soldiers act, and if that sort of attitude spreads... Well, resentment harbors resentment, and if it goes to the point where they try to get her killed, that pendulum swings both ways.

Also, Null is aggressive. That's how she knows to stay alive, since in her experience, trying to be nice and kind to everybody only gets you hurt. And well, Vale were being a hypocrite, and she started taking it out of proportions, as Null never said she were going to kill her now. From her point of view, she were being pretty nice about the whole thing, but once she got riled up things just spiralled.

We'll see how it goes from here, though for the guard's sake, I hope they mind their own business. Otherwise, they might find themselves *tripping* into some Tartarus spawn by a complete *accident*. I'll think about how Void will try to mediate this mess once the next post comes around.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I'm glad you like it and I do look forward to the next post. 

As to your points, Vale doesn't remember hardly anything of her time in Deep Science, and she didn't make the claim that she was good for setting them free. Pen made the statement not knowing that Vale put them in there and thus doesnt know any better. 

I don't see how Vale took anything out of proportion, Null told her that she was undecided on killing her, which put her on edge to not want to open up to her. If anything Null is the one blowing things out of proportion in her reaction to this fear given her statement, Vale can't tell Null's intent, she doesn't know her to understand how she is. 

As it stands, Vale and Pen feel like Null made a threat on Vale's life in a 'I might kill you someday' sort of way. 

Let me know if I'm missing something, maybe I read the scene wrong? 

@Blitz Boom

Alright, here's a pair of notes.

I was thinking in history and remembered that their parents fled Celestia's school to join TrUST. The technology they fled with was the beginnings of Anti-Magic, which was the whole reason they were assigned to watch over Null and Void in the first place given they were the only experts on the subject. They invented AM-Inert in Canterlot as well as AM-Explosive, and later researchers built on their studies to invent AM-Contagious and later AM-EC (Explosive Contagious) and AM-EE (Ever Explosive).

If Null and Void were not hidden they would cause the invention of AM-Degenerate, a type similar to contagious that would lose strength over time, while AM-Contagious is potent almost forever.

Anyway, the short of it is that their parents' research was directly responsible for the bombs they saw in the vision. That future only didn't happen because AM-Degenerate was not used on the Equestrian border(Given its effects werent permanent they were cleared for use by infantry against Equestrian soldiers.)

But we might not ever really broach that topic, it's not like they built the CanterShot.

Second note,

The scraps in the facility bound themselves into bracelets when Null kicked them, they blended into her skin and latently made her forget about them through some sort of blood/nerve toxin. Their curse is inert, so she won't lose her skin over this just like when Pen wore her.

Anyway, they've grown together now just like Pen did, but getting beaten against the sand is dislodging their control, so they're visible again as they're trying to leave for a less abusive host. (They don't blame Null, she didn't know they were there, but they want someone less inclined to violent outbursts.)

Hope this clears something up!

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

Sorta been thinking, what if (in case Null accepts Vengeance) that her curse isn't removed per se, but instead becomes something actually beneficial to her? We had a chat early on with whatever or not they could use their curse as a sort of attacking aura if they were trained or something to that effect. So, a sort of fitting power if it came to it, might be that it became this? She could turn it off, use it as an actual force to go grab  things and fizzle out magic. Think telekinesis like a pony, but with the force also having the option to either cancel out magic, or absorb it, like you suggested her father were able to do. Just in this case, she could then use said magic later on as her own weapon.

I've been thinking on this for a while, and it's a very raw idea, but since she doesn't exactly have a great chance in the physical department, going another route would likely work better. And I figured this would draw inspiration from an earlier idea of yours.

@Blitz Boom

That is more or less exactly what I was thinking, illiad only mentioned having it removed as he's under the impression that she hates it. 

My plan for when she meets karma to accept her position would include the offer of either leaving the curse as it is, but not pass it down, give her the ability to control it, or remove it entirely. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

I sorta figured making her hit everything were one dimensional, so as Illiad helped her get into a more calm mood, and the griffon (Never sure if it's griffon or gryphon) weren't too rude there, I figure just throwing it back into his face with a little something added, were a more fitting thing. Plus it makes me able to tell one of your characters off for mocking the handicapped. :P All fun.

• Brohoof 1