Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

Bah, sorry about this. I were making the post, and forgot to add it in the edit instead of just posting normally. -,-' My bad on this.

Hopefully one of the moderators will see it eventually, and delete the one that weren't meant to be there. Seen it happen before.

@Illiad Easle

Some minor info, so you have a full on idea on how they do things:

Void is defensive in it, but she will strike at an opening if she sees it. Just nothing lethal at first, unless she's panicking, or isn't given much of a choice, as she doesn't want to just kill someone right off the bat. She's not as agile and nimble as Null, yet she does have quite a bit more brawn, so keep in in mind that she can stand her ground.

Null goes right for the throat. Or heart. Or whatever else that looks like hitting it is gonna finish one off. Too many years of having to end lives makes her both proficient in, and uncaring for, killing those she feels deserves it. She sees an opening, and she won't show mercy. Also, she's likely to loot the corpse. Waste not want not, right?

Obvious weaknesses: Null can be taunted into striking at a defense if poked at enough, and that can be used against her. Void's reluctance to kill, can also be used against her, since for example, one could shout out "Wait, I yield!" and she'd stop. Unless you know, the one in question had killed someone with her. Things gets a little easier like that, but she still doesn't enjoy it.

Anyway, veeeery brief overview, just in case. Let's see how this goes. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Alright, Minostralium and the sisters.

The mystery metal they're all wearing is Minostralium, mined primarily in Minos. It's a form of gold affected by Ley essence from being too close to a ley line. It acts then like a sort of portable mini ley line, imbuing those it comes in contact with with extra magic, among other things.

As to how magic works:

I imagine the magic field works like a gravity field. The ley lines are like springs of water, and it spreads across the plain. When one casts magic they pull down on the plain, allowing the fluid magic to pool on them. The stronger they are the harder down they can pull and the more magic they can pool.

The sister's curse works the opposite, they serve as an extremely steep mountain on this plain, pulling up the field around them so those near them can't pull down hard enough to pool magic.

However, Minostralium works like a ley line, so a source of magic, if someone has minostralium they'll still have some magic, but not nearly as much as if the sisters were not close.

By this logic, if they were near enough to a ley line spells would work near them, but still not on them.

@Illiad Easle

Peculiar magic, but I like it. I'll keep it in mind as we go forward, when they face other sorts of that metal. :)

And a minor note: I figure the Baltimare Smasher's speed's high enough to make a complete avoid and attack thing impossible, so Null just went for an angle shot. He might well have hit her, and that's what sent her rolling over the dirt instead of just a body impact. Up to you in my opinion. I'm just providing my side of the story.

@Illiad Easle

Minor thing: Null carries the hilt of the sword in her muzzle, not her hoof. It allows her to move easier. I'll have her use her hoof in this situation though, as I didn't properly spell it out earlier, and make sure to cement it better another time. :)

Also, question: How sturdy are the metal feathers? Can they say, be used to stab someone?

@Blitz Boom

Sorry about that, I thought she was holding it in her hoof given she had just spoken, and the hit was described as an uppercut with a sword, but anyway.

The feathers are about as sturdy as a tin foil sword, you could probably cut someone with it like a razor, but it'd sooner crumple than stab. If she grabs them they can be incorporated into her new wing later.

@Illiad Easle

Oh, she will take it. As well as the nail bat. You don't spend twenty years as a scavenger and then don't make use of whatever useful stuff you find lying around. :) She'd nick the kitchen sink too, given half the chance.

Granted, she'd push it over an edge to get it to smash someone's head in further down, but the point stands. :D

@Illiad Easle

Random thought for Tartarus: What is your belief happens to the dead in this universe? Tartarus could well be where the souls of the wicked at least went, if we went by Greek mythology, where the concept came from in the first place.

Just thinking that if this is something you'd wanna go with, you could eventually have extra obstacles in enemies from their past, coming in to try and take their revenge/attempt to make amends, to stop their torment/whatever else pops into your evil, DM thoughts. :P 

If you already covered this, I forgot, and I apologize in advance for forgetting it. My memory isn't always the greatest. :D

@Blitz Boom

As far as I've thought about it, it serves both as a path to the next life, in that one can get to where the good dead are if they cross Tartarus (IE The fields of Elysium)

It is also used like in the show, some may be sent there as punishment and held there.

Those that arrive by death are assigned their penance by Karma, then as in greek tradition may either remain, becoming the spawn as they forget all they were, or try again (As to reach the highest rest in Elysium one must achieve it thrice.)

Just as one can be sent, one can also be retrieved, provided they have not fulfilled their penance and moved on. Thus by controlling the gates specific individuals can be recalled. This will play a role shortly.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Gave a response. And figured we could have some fun, so I set up the characters, how the sisters knows them, some names, and what weapons they had.

I am now giving full control of them to you. So how they react on seeing the sisters, if they are still evil, or have tried to work off their sins and might help them to try and make amends, their actions, etc. It's all up to you how they both individually react on things, and what they're going to do.

If you need further information on them, just write it in here, and I'll give you some.

And a quick one, in case you wonder about La Perinne: A background character I have used in my own RP, but never shown as more than an eye or a partial shadow. I have her as a highly intelligent elder dragon who traded gold and favors for power, and were a substantial figure in the global black market economy. For her, everything is about power, and having underlings who serves her well, which is why she made use of fanatics who she allured with the promise of them one day being able to ascend to dragonhood, if they followed her orders until she found them worthy. Using those, along with the riches, power, and influence she had, she made sure to be a substantial figure in the darkness, knowing it best to stay hidden, as to not incur potential lethal might against her. It were both safer and smarter to make use of her underlings and contacts if she wanted something done.

Don't have much there, but I figure this is the second time some connection to her have been brought up, so just putting it down to get it out of the way. And to give some context as to the sort of cultist the griffon were. Literally one who believed that if she did as told for long enough, she'd one day ascend to what they'd consider a *Higher being*, and as such would do everything La Perinne asked of her, and far more, if she thought it would please the elder dragoness.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Alright, there's a bit to explain here.

To give a brief overview of who these creatures are that guard the gates:

A decade or so before Luna returned, Celestia formed a special unit of mercenaries to go to Minos and recover as much Minostralium as they could. This team involved nine members, five of which are in this room, and seven are relevant to the story.

In order of story involvement:

• Dell Conegher, deer, saved Vale's life and built the machines that keep her alive. Also build the Codex that Vale later became part of. Was a lead scientist in Deep Science.
  • Mun D Moonbeam, thestral, father of Snipes (The reindeer in their group)
  • "Heavy", the griffon in their group
  • Jigsaw Bones, the unicorn they fought.
  • "Soldier", the earth pony they fought.
  • The Baltimare Basher, the pegasus they fought
  • Lord Stalliongrad, the changeling that just arrived.

So, all nine were on a team, but after delivering the minostralium to Celestia, and modifying themselves with some along the way, they were betrayed by Celestia but escaped, all going their separate ways.

In the Summer War, Jigsaw, Soldier, and the Basher were all recruited by Celestia to fight for Equestria in exchange for pardons. Mun D made it his mission to kill them all for fighting for their common enemy, and he did.

When Discord began his campaign he brought them out of Tartarus and made them generals of his army along with other notable evils including Lord Stalliongrad.

Stalliongrad however betrayed Discord to help Heavy save his granddaughter, and died in the process.

Jigsaw didn't know about this betrayal, just was aware of his death, and as such brought him out hoping he would turn the tide pretending to be Discord as he had before, only to get betrayed like Discord had.

Stalliongrad has quite the karmic debt however, so Null will face him eventually to send him back to his penance.

If any of this doesn't make sense do ask and I'll clarify. Next scene will involve those characters you sent, or whenever you go to free Hercules. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

I blanked a little on what to do with the flask, since I figured that there might be something cool happening that'd get wasted if Null were to just flat out deny him this, so left it up to you in the end here, and then we'll see what happens. 95% sure though, that this is going to end poorly for them somehow. :) We'll see if he can be convincing enough to get the whole thing.

@Illiad Easle

Nah, they didn't spend a whole lot of time in Equestria, and the time they had there were mainly in Ponyville, with a brief detour to Canterlot. On their travels from the border to Ponyville, they mostly wandered through forests to avoid larger populations, and as such, didn't meet or hear about a whole lot.

• 3 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

Alright, there's many things to say here. The next post, provided they don't complicate things, will involve the surgery. Here's how I plan to get around their curse:

Given Null could fly before, her curse did not block the pegasus magic she needed to fly, therefor the curse does not prevent the sisters from using internal magic as accepted by Selena and Nine being able to exits within her. I imagine then that the curse acts as sort of a skin tight shield around their bodies, nothing gets out, nothing gets in, without exceptional force that is. So, her wings are included in this field, and given we mentioned the field being controlled by her even if she doesn't know how, it takes the shape of what she considers her body to be, IE with wings.

The more technical side is this: The base of the prosthetic is lined with a series of cloud diamond spikes which will be surgically attached to relevant nerves, muscle groups, and most importantly the magical conduits in her body. The hope is that by connecting to these conduits the wing will be incorporated into the field, allowing her to use her internal magic to fly rather than any sort of enchantment of spell. At first it will be very tiring to fly as she builds up her magical reserves, but as she gets used to it, practicing and the like, she'll eventually be able to do everything a normal pegasus can.

The feathers she knocked off Basher and subsequently collected were those primaries plated with Minostralium, which if incorporated into the wing design will further offset the amount of magic she'll need to produce internally in order to fly given they act as magical sources. When not flying she'll gradually build up energy and while flying she'll lose energy slower than if she didn't have them attached, plus I think it'd look cool to have them in.

As an additional question/explanation. I don't recall if we established whether Null could manipulate clouds, I assume she'd be able to, and if so being packed in clouds would make her immobile against small movements, so the plan is to use those clouds they brought in to serve as the operating table, holding her perfectly still as they attach the wing.

If any of that goes against your canon or understanding, do let me know here so we can fix it. I want her to be able to fly, but I want it to make sense too.

@Illiad Easle

Good to know the tech side of this. :) Sounds like it's gonna be a grueling, yet interesting process ahead of her, as she gets used to the wing.

I think the cloud manipulation is okay to still have working, even though she wouldn't know about it. Been a few decades since she last got anywhere near one after all, and as have been established, not everything is working against her, magic-wise.

And it's real easy to fit in the cannon as again, she haven't been near a cloud since she lost her wing, and I never mentioned anything about it in her early year stories. So nothing gets ruined by going from here on out, and say that clouds still work with her. :)

• Brohoof 1