Has Mario broken the Law?

smk.png

Should We Arrest Mario?  

12 users have voted

1. 1. Should We Arrest Mario?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

It's self explanatory. Has Mario broken the law? And no, don't bring MatPat into this. I think we should, for committing animal abuse.

tumblr_m06n9cLDv01qcmwsio2_500.gif

Edited by TheDankBrony
  • Brohoof 2

That is not for us to say. We don't know what the laws are in the Mushroom Kingdom.

As for our law, he's guilty of who knows how many counts of murder... Probably on level with Hitler in terms of freaking body count.

Edited by Ice Bear

Is there laws in the mushroom kingdom? Is there laws in any Mario World? Is there a law about doors leading into void in New Dong City? Is Princess Peach actually doing her job? WHY IS SHE NEVER THE QUEEN?! I know about disney and queen/princess good and evil stuff, but it's Nintendo!

So, no laws, no prison, except if you anger Peach, I think...

Well, the penguins will just respawn I suppose, just like Mario would; death doesn't seem to mean much in the Mushroom Kingdom :wacko: 

That being said, dropping penguins is mean, so I'll say yes :umad: 

Edited by SparklingSwirls

The Mushroom Kingdom does have laws though they do vary from place to place. In this incident, I would see it as the player being a douche which also reflects on Mario given that he is the one doing this. Then again, if you enter the cabin, lose a life, or leave Cool, Cool Mountain, the baby penguin will re-spawn anyway thus resetting everything.

Just as long as you don't turn into another MatPat theorist who demonizes video game characters.

It's the player's choice,  NOT Mario that do these ridiculous nonsensical stuff.

7 hours ago, Usager said:

Guilty is the player, mario will go to prison aswell but the player is the mastermind behind that brutality.

This guy gets it. He understands how video game morality works.

Technically, practically every video game character player is potentially a criminal by this ridiculous logic. Why is only Mario getting the shaft? 

There's a reason this trope exists: Video Game Cruelty Potential . It means you have a CHOICE to be bad. The video game world is supposed to be an acceptable break from reality.

• 1 year later...

No, because he isn't really doing that stuff HIMSELF, you are! Leave the poor red-hat man alone!

Well, I mean, unless stomping your brother's foot when he wins at tennis is counted as a crime...or electrocuting baby monkeys...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...