Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv New Sonic movie poster

Plonkett

I don't understand the fascination the film industry has with making everything into live action or any sort of equivalent. It doesn't work, doesn't look good even with a high budget, and in cases like this laughs in the face of what being a cartoon is even about.

That poster. The silhouette of Sonic. 

...Oh-hohohohohhhhhhhh, boy, I- Just- I mean, really? What were they thinking?! And what were they on that made them think that that design was/is such a good idea? Man, I just- It's hilariously bad and painful to look at!

The only thing that came to my mind when I saw it:

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Sonic-Movie.jpg

Second movie poster seen in a theater...

It doesn't stop getting worse! :yay:

No seriously, despite Sonic's design, which was perhaps (or surely) difficult to render in a real environment, I still hope this movie can do good. I'm sure the many creators working on it do their best, even if they don't have control over everything.

So I'm still waiting for it. Seeing Tails hit the big screen must be really cool. :proud:

Edited by Floppy Snow

Oh my Celestia. Sonic looks like a werewolf in that poster because of his bigger limbs. And his runners looks like sneakers!

I only have two words to describe what's going on in my mind right now.

Childhood ruined.

It's like 2006 all over again.

Edited by Midnight Solace
  • Brohoof 2

On 12/12/2018 at 7:34 AM, Kronos the Revenant said:

First Mario, then Pokemon, now THIS!? What’s next, live action Zelda where they mislabel Link and Zelda? How many more video games from our chuldhood are Holloywood gonna ruin just to try to make some money?

There was a fan made Zelda movie called Hero of Time years ago.

Personally, I'm leaning toward Detective Pikachu being the lesser of two bad movies right now.