Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web How do i get viewers and subscribers on my YouTube channel?

Phasereale

I've already uploaded my first video on Sunday this week on Silent Hill 2 and I was wondering to myself. How do I get more viewers and subscribers? If anypony has a youtube channel. Please help me with this

I'll also put the link in for my channel later

• Brohoof 2

To get the attention of the viewers, it's adviced from me to not upload strictly casual gameplays. As for me, new *touches* work (for example, extreme difficulties, new or unused features, custom levels in the game that they were only a dream for years etc.) Tagging correctly is very vital part, as tags are connected with keywords searched on YouTube. Surprising your viewers with something creative or unexpected is also nicely judged. That's from me, as the little gameplay youtuber with 600 subscribers.
Link to my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmnn5gilF0lXdJ8xg8k2NQ?view_as=subscriber

• Brohoof 2

Probably some advertising or something like that. Most YouTubers won't get far though since there are so many people out there. You could of gotten a following much easier if you tried many years ago when the site was still in its infancy. Plus, the biggest thing is to make content people actually want to see.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

Probably some advertising or something like that. Most YouTubers won't get far though since there are so many people out there. You could of gotten a following much easier if you tried many years ago when the site was still in its infancy. Plus, the biggest thing is to make content people actually want to see.

The greatest issue is monetization. It's become a monotonous chore as majority of viewers focus on overly-popular YouTubers like PewDiePie. And it's gotten increasingly difficult to get to even 1k views, 10k if super-lucky, because even when it's deemed creative and funny, they are often ignored and majority of videos never even reach hundreds of views at all. In addition, most videos get false-flagged as copyright infringement, which goes to show that YouTube's moderation system is severely nonexistent. Also, advertising creates more inconvenience than earning revenue as ads can seriously put a dent on even the fastest internet speeds, which often leads to slow video loadings.

If there are alternatives that can help earn money safely and easily besides YouTube, that'd be grateful. YouTube is slowly but surely sinking itself towards rock bottom, in my opinion, at least.

I don't have a YouTube channel, but I would like to share my thoughts on the subject. Personally, I would think using social media to advertise your channel would be helpful in gaining more subscribers. I would also think knowing who your audience is important as well. Say for example if you are into horror games maybe seeking out places where you are more likely to find people who are into horror video games would be a good place to start. P.S. I just said horror games because you mentioned Silent Hill 2, but I think the example would work for anything you are into it. Also look into smaller YouTubers who are trying to gain a following. Maybe if you subscribe to them, they will subscribe to you back. Just my two cents, but best of luck.

• Brohoof 1

I would suggest properly tagging your videos and make your titles clear and easy to read. Aside from that, you'll have to rely on luck. Your videos may float into other people's recommended tabs, but YouTube seems to be rather broken nowadays, so don't count on it. I would not suggest resorting to clickbait or tagging things which aren't relevant to the content itself.  They'll get you more dislikes than anything else and then nobody wins.

Best of luck on your channel!  

• Brohoof 1