Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you REALLY wanna live in Equestria?

FlareGun45

I know alota you in the fandom really wanna go there, but how do yunno it's as good as it seems? There's a difference between seeing it in the show's point of view, and another to live it.

Like for example, you're a human going to Equestria, getting used to new bodyparts, including wings or magic depending on which kinda horse you are. It's harder to carry things with hooves, that's for sure! Plus no more meat to eat, unless you're already a vegetarian! What if making friends in Equestria isn't what it seems, and it's harder than it looks there just like here? How will your human instincts fit in with the rest of the ponies? Yunno, say you have an OC that has a relationship with Pinkie - don't ALOT of OCs have a relationship with Pinkie? Plus if you live your home to go to Equestria, won't people here miss you?

Above all else though, it's a fictional world that COULD be real, but might not, depending on how you get there. It's a world made by humans, and everything that happens there is controlled by the MLP devs, and once the show is over, is there anything left?

Inside this spoiler box isn't spoilers, but could be upsetting to read:

Some people in the fandom think committing suicide will take them to Equestria. Now I know some are joking, but do you really wanna take that chance? You don't know what life after death is like, and Equestria cannot be guaranteed.

But there is something we CAN do! We can bring Equestria to us! Not really, but hypothetically! If we be there for eachother like the characters in the show are to eachother, then we can bring their magic of friendship in real life, and therefore, we are Equestria! :D 

• Brohoof 1

I'd actually prefer living in Equestria, but I can see why most people wouldn't. For me, though, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

I know learning how to use wings or magic would be difficult, but learning's half the fun. For me, anyway. Magic alone is enough to make living there worth it. It pretty much removes the need to physically carry anything. I've barely been eating any meat recently anyway, hardly anyone would notice if I suddenly disappeared so I wouldn't be missed, and in a place like Ponyville it would be at least a little easier to make friends than here, which is still an improvement.

The question is very subjective. It depends a lot on the person's personality, preferences, and life situation. For me, there aren't many fantasy worlds I wouldn't choose to live in, honestly. A simple life in a small town like Ponyville sounds perfect to me, and if it were a real place, I'd go in a heartbeat.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I wouldn't go assuming I had to adjust to a pony body.

However if I was human I'd go because I'd have nothing to lose, plus it would make me feel free etc 

How do we know they don't eat meat? They are fine with pastries, eggs, possibly even cow milk.

Let's just assume you are not going to get converted into a pony, there are some other problems like for  example all of them speak a different language then you.

It would be like you are building a time machine and going to the past or into the far future, and then the locals still speak a perfect modern English.

The sad truth you will not understand anything what they would be saying, and the wondertech translation circuit would not help you this time.

What about diseases? You are going to be screwed without access of antibiotics.

Edited by R.D.Dash

11 minutes ago, R.D.Dash said:

How do we know they don't eat meat? They are fine with pastries, eggs, possibly even cow milk.

Let's just assume you are not going to get converted into a pony, there are some other problems like for  example all of them speak a different language then you.

It would be like you are building a time machine and going to the past or into the far future, and then the locals still speak a perfect modern English.

The sad truth you will not understand anything what they would be saying, and the wondertech translation circuit would not help you this time.

What about diseases? You are going to be screwed without access of antibiotics.

It didn't affect Twilight when she crossed worlds. I think it's safe to say the mirror makers thought of that.

Sorry, H.G. Wells, magic trumps science in this case.

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2019 at 8:07 AM, FlareGun45 said:

Like for example, you're a human going to Equestria, getting used to new bodyparts, including wings or magic depending on which kinda horse you are. It's harder to carry things with hooves, that's for sure! Plus no more meat to eat, unless you're already a vegetarian! What if making friends in Equestria isn't what it seems, and it's harder than it looks there just like here?

That is assuming you come to Equestria as a pony and not any other creature. Oh and to top this off, I eat what I crave and changing species will change what I crave and need to eat so changing diets wouldn't be as hard as it seems- it would still be hard but your body does push you to specific behaviors for predictable reasons.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:39 PM, RDDash said:

We see what they eat on a regular base. Meat is NOT the same as eggs and milk. They're more on the lines of Vegitarians which make sense. 

You have to look at what happened to Twi in the EqG verse, when her body was converted it was converted to something sutiible for the place. If we go to Equestria via similar magic, it would do the same thing. Convert us to the best possible body, we'll be set physically and just need to change mentally. Some mental things would be easier than others.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:52 PM, BornAgainBrony said:

It didn't affect Twilight when she crossed worlds. I think it's safe to say the mirror makers thought of that.

Sorry, H.G. Wells, magic trumps science in this case.

Magic is part of science of Equestria. Just a seperate part we have yet to understand.

(edited)

@FlareGun45

I don't like the idea that Equestria is some kinda afterlife and you have to die to go there. That's ridiculous. Besides the ideal heaven is supposed to be a paradise where nothing goes wrong and Equestria has all kinds of problems. Even during peaceful times. I hardly call that a R.I.P. afterlife

Anyway, I always saw Equestria as a second home that I live in in my sleep. With a phenomenon called soul jumping, I'm always able to visit my friend and share my love of Disney stories with them. and still come back here to the real world to live out my normal human life

On 3/27/2019 at 9:07 AM, FlareGun45 said:

and once the show is over, is there anything left?

Just because the show is over doesn't mean life in Equestria just cease to exist. They're going an entire gap of 20 years in the last episode and the clear signs of a new generation of characters about to have a wonderful experiences together both good and bad.

you make it sound like only the show's creators are allowed to control whether or not Equestria exists or not. But actually there's always the 

366281099_giphy(9).gif.26b1341e264cc5b78e7faca128857b4c.gif

Of a great many fans who can imagine all the possibilities that happened in this magicial world all in the past, present and future.

Edited by Will Guide
Spelling errors and missing words

20 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

Magic is part of science of Equestria. Just a seperate part we have yet to understand.

I think you misunderstood my point. In our scientific world it would be a lot harder to hang out with aliens without putting both them and ourselves at incredible risk. There's even been concern about the probes we've sent to other planets, possibly bringing foreign germs along for the ride. In Equestria, which already has experienced inter-dimensional travel going both ways, I see no reason to think this would be an issue.

12 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I think you misunderstood my point. In our scientific world it would be a lot harder to hang out with aliens without putting both them and ourselves at incredible risk. There's even been concern about the probes we've sent to other planets, possibly bringing foreign germs along for the ride. In Equestria, which already has experienced inter-dimensional travel going both ways, I see no reason to think this would be an issue.

OOOHHH Got you now. Sorry.

• 1 year later...
On 2020-07-29 at 2:05 AM, RDDash said:

Depends on what the version of Equestria it actually is. I've read a lot of fanfics that's downright creepy.

You have a point. Not each version would be desirable to live in. Also the show had such version - remember the version from s5 finale.

If we take the normal version of Equestria which the shows has, I definitely say: Yes, I would