Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What type of flooring do you have?

Lucky Bolt

What type of flooring do you have in your house/apartment/dorm whatever it might be? :dash:

Our whole house is vinyl flooring that resembles hardwood, except for the bathrooms and kitchen, which have white tile flooring. The interesting thing about this house is, it once had carpeting before we moved in.  

• Brohoof 1

The upstairs in my house and the stairs themselves are all carpet. The kitchen and bathroom has limanate floor tiling. Everything else is laminate wood flooring. So a bit of a mixture. Annoying to have to both vacuum AND mop. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Literally my dad installed hardwood floor in our entire house after removing the carpet. Only our bathrooms have tiles and our entrance has some sort of granite on the floor. 

Edited by Sondash Studios
  • Brohoof 1

Um, well, I live in a barracks room. The whole building has grey tiles for the flooring, except for in the bathrooms, where they use... er... well, it's still grey tiles, just, different grey tiles.

Yeah, back at my barracks room in Washington, I have white tiled floors. But because tiles suck, I bought a couple of rugs for my room. :P

• Brohoof 1

In my room it's carpeting, around the house it's mostly carpeting, tile flooring, and wood flooring.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

What type of flooring do you have in your house/apartment/dorm whatever it might be? :dash:

Our whole house is vinyl flooring that resembles hardwood, except for the bathrooms and kitchen, which have white tile flooring. The interesting thing about this house is, it once had carpeting before we moved in.  

Carpet has mostly fell out of style with interior house design due to not being seen as particularly modern. Additionally, wet puddles and grime are a lot harder to clean off carpet, and there are a ton of issues with mold or dust mites growing under it. We used to have carpet in our house and it tended to trigger my asthma whenever I laid down on the ground. Now it's just laminate wood flooring throughout with modern gray tiling for the bathrooms, so we just use an automatic vacuum to clean up our house and a sweeper and mop to clean up wet puddles and grime. 

The majority of my home is carpeted. The kitchen is tile, the bathrooms are tile, and my bedroom is hardwood. My bedroom used to be carpeted but my mom thought that hardwood would look better! I agree! It’s also easier to clean.

Everything's carpeted except kitchen and bathrooms and that's the way I like it!!

I hate the current trend of bare wood floors. Carpet is so much more comfortable. Lots of the carpet on the first floor needs to be replaced but I'm not ripping up the old stuff until I can replace it.

My house has a combination of white tiles and green carpet. It's okay and all, though I cannot recount the amount of times I've almost slipped on the tiles.