Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Elements Reincarnated (RP)

Emerald Heart

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As they arrived at the house, Dynamo smiled and nodded in thanks for all of her help. "Thank you for showing me where to go, ma'am. I won't forget as the house is down the road to both the arcade and the cafe. I should try and make that a rhyme for the next time I get lost." He chuckled, shaking his head as he felt that was a bad idea. "Everything is definitely to my liking. I really appreciate the help." He wanted to continue, but stopped as he thought he saw Hot Cocoa was stumbling from all the work she had. "Excuse me, Mayor. I have to get going, but thanks again for all of your help."

He quickly ran over to Cocoa, while his horn began to glow with an illumination spell. As he got closer to her, he raised his voice to call out to her. "Cocoa? Hey, Cocoa! It's Dynamo! Is everything okay? Why were you stumbling around out here for? Do you need any help with anything?" He asks, feeling concerned as he noticed Cocoa had nearly ran into a beam from earlier.

Mayor Mare nodded, "Glad to be of service." Then left.

--

Hot Cocoa nodded tiredly, "I'm fine." She mumbled, "Shifts nearly over. Only three hours left. Gotta go buy more coffee beans."

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Emerald<3 said:

Mayor Mare nodded, "Glad to be of service." Then left.

--

Hot Cocoa nodded tiredly, "I'm fine." She mumbled, "Shifts nearly over. Only three hours left. Gotta go buy more coffee beans."

Dynamo frowned as he could hear the tiredness in her voice. "No, you don't seem fine to me. If anything, it looks like you're overworking yourself to the point of exhaustion." His ears fell as it seemed like work was the only thing on her mind, instead of taking a break or rest. It was then that an idea had occurred to the blue unicorn. "How about I go with you and you and I can work together? You can get some rest and we can get to know each other. If there's one thing I learned today and from back home, then it's you shouldn't abandon a friend." He nods, walking alongside her as he placed a caring hoof upon her shoulder. "If you feel like you'll lose your balance, then lean onto me. So, where do we need to go to get the coffee beans?" He asks, keeping the illumination spell on to light their way.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo frowned as he could hear the tiredness in her voice. "No, you don't seem fine to me. If anything, it looks like you're overworking yourself to the point of exhaustion." His ears fell as it seemed like work was the only thing on her mind, instead of taking a break or rest. It was then that an idea had occurred to the blue unicorn. "How about I go with you and you and I can work together? You can get some rest and we can get to know each other. If there's one thing I learned today and from back home, then it's you shouldn't abandon a friend." He nods, walking alongside her as he placed a caring hoof upon her shoulder. "If you feel like you'll lose your balance, then lean onto me. So, where do we need to go to get the coffee beans?" He asks, keeping the illumination spell on to light their way.

Hot Cocoa's eyes suddenly widened as she chortled, "They're in my saddlebags. I must have forgotten that I put them in there!" She smiled up at Dynamo, "I'm gonna head back, my Mom is probably waiting for me." She paused, "Why don't you come with?"

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

Hot Cocoa's eyes suddenly widened as she chortled, "They're in my saddlebags. I must have forgotten that I put them in there!" She smiled up at Dynamo, "I'm gonna head back, my Mom is probably waiting for me." She paused, "Why don't you come with?"

Dynamo couldn't help in chuckling along with Cocoa as she had a sudden realization. "Oh, I see. Maybe you were tired from working that you must've forgotten. Trust me. I've become tired from all night video game marathons." He smiled sheepishly, nodding at the plan of her returning to the cafe. "Okay, I'll take you up on your offer. I remember I wanted to tell you about my unicorn horn and anything else you wanted to ask. Let's get back to the cafe first. It's starting to get a little dark. Just lean onto me if you're feeling tired. I'll make sure we can get back to the cafe safely." He says, nodding at the offer, before the two started walking to the cafe.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo couldn't help in chuckling along with Cocoa as she had a sudden realization. "Oh, I see. Maybe you were tired from working that you must've forgotten. Trust me. I've become tired from all night video game marathons." He smiled sheepishly, nodding at the plan of her returning to the cafe. "Okay, I'll take you up on your offer. I remember I wanted to tell you about my unicorn horn and anything else you wanted to ask. Let's get back to the cafe first. It's starting to get a little dark. Just lean onto me if you're feeling tired. I'll make sure we can get back to the cafe safely." He says, nodding at the offer, before the two started walking to the cafe.

Cocoa nodded and they reached it in no time. @Lektra Bolt was still sitting at the same table and Hot Cocoa waved at her, before heading into the kitchen with the supplies.

(edited)

I was too absorbed that I didn't realize she had left. If I had noticed I would have sent Sparky out with her to help. Now I felt kinda bad I couldn't help my friend. The cake and cookies were long gone, but I didn't realize I'd run out of my previous refill until I tried to take another sip and there was nothing left.

"Uh Cocoa, if you wouldn't mind?" I held out the empty cup, also waving hello as she got back. Sparky made a note to make sure I'd settle up with her parents and Coffee Mix later on in the week as I usually did

Speed popped up with a pop and a crackle, and then disappeared again without a word as she left another work order for me. I'd sent out a couple of enchanted items already to the residents, but the bigger ones I'd have to work on overnight. For example the weed wacker

I looked over at the stallion. "And who's this? Didn't I see you here before sir?"

Speed left a burn mark on the floor right in front of me, briefly startling another patron 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I was too absorbed that I didn't realize she had left. If I had noticed I would have sent Sparky out with her to help. Now I felt bad, worse than usual. The cake and cookies were long gone, but I didn't realize I'd run out of my last refill until I tried to take another sip and there as nothing left.

"Uh Cocoa, if you wouldn't mind?" I held out the empty cup, also waving hello as she got back. Sparky made a note to make sure I'd settle up with her parents and Coffee Mix later on in the week as I usually did

Speed popped up with a pop and a crackle, and then disappeared again without a word as she left another work order for me. I'd sent out a couple of enchanted items already to the residents, but the bigger ones I'd have to work on overnight. For example the weed whacker

I looked over at the stallion. "And who's this? Didn't I see you here before sir?"

@Emerald<3

As the two returned to the cafe, Dynamo had helped Cocoa, until she was in the cafe. His ears perked as he heard a pop and a crackle, before the noises disappeared. He thought he had seen something, but chalked it up as probably something random. As a voiced called out to Cocoa, Dynamo turned to the voice to see a yellow unicorn mare. He pointed to himself to make sure she was referring to him, before nodding at her questions. "I think you might have seen me before, actually. I was at the cafe earlier, but the tall, white unicorn, Chrissy, wasn't feeling good. So, I was teleported away alongside her as I wanted to help her get some assistance. I got back to town to make sure that everything was okay with my new house. I just got back from helping Cocoa to the cafe. She was exhausted from work and I didn't want to leave her, in worry of getting lost or hurt. By the way, my names Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I nodded and listened as he spoke. "Oh that mare. Kinda know her. Yea, she's a temp and part timer. She's worked everywhere around town. Jack of all trades, master of none." I showed him the bracelet I found way earlier in the day, pulling it out of Sparky's storage compartment. "This was left behind when you guys left, beeping like insanity. It's calmed down since then though. Probably was too disoriented to make sure it came with her."

I looked it over. "Actually, I made this. It's quite simple to set up and use. We can get it back to her whenever we see her next time. Would you like it, or should I put it back in storage?"

I placed the bracelet in on the table and thought for a moment. "Gosh where are my manners? I'm Lektra Bolt, and this is Sparky." I motioned to the little machine. "You may have heard a pop and a crackle, that was my sister Speed who left the burn mark on the floor. She was bringing me a work order. Nice to meet you Dynamo. I run Bolt Solutions here in Ponyville. Our slogan is inventive magical solutions to improve everyone's lives." I tried to give him a smile, but it must have looked kinda like a half smile. That's what it felt like to me.

"Do you like coffee? Come sit down with me maybe, mind the mess of metal chunks. I've been drinking buckets worth of coffee since the love of my life passed away 4 years ago, trying to drown my sorrows away." I gave a long sigh. "I never got a chance to say how I felt, or even goodbye for that matter." I let out a long sigh again, just placing my face on the table

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I nodded and listened as he spoke. "Oh that mare. Kinda know her. Yea, she's a temp and part timer. She's worked everywhere around town. Jack of all trades, master of none." I showed him the bracelet I found way earlier in the day, pulling it out of Sparky's storage compartment. "This was left behind when you guys left, beeping like insanity. It's calmed down since then though. Probably was too disoriented to make sure it came with her."

I looked it over. "Actually, I made this. It's quite simple to set up and use. We can get it back to her whenever we see her next time. Would you like it, or should I put it back in storage?"

"Gosh where are my manners? I'm Lektra Bolt, and this is Sparky." I motioned to the little machine. "You may have heard a pop and a crackle, that was my sister Speed who left the burn mark on the floor. She was bringing me a work order. Nice to meet you Dynamo. I run Bolt Solutions here in Ponyville. Our slogan is inventive magical solutions to improve everyone's lives." I tried to give him a smile, but it must have looked kinda like a half smile. That's what it felt like to me.

"Do you like coffee? Come sit down with me maybe, mind the mess of metal chunks. I've been drinking buckets worth of coffee since the love of my life passed away 4 years ago, trying to drown my sorrows away." I gave a long sigh. "I never got a chance to say how I felt, or even goodbye for that matter."

@Emerald<3

Dynamo listened to Lektra as she spoke about Chrissy. "I can see what you mean. She was working with Mayor Mare, before I saw her again here, at the cafe. It was my first time getting to know her, but she seemed pretty nice." He raised an eyebrow as he noticed a bracelet. "I think I saw her wear it before, but I can't say if I saw her have it on her wrist earlier." He shrugged his shoulders as he couldn't be too sure. "I'd say you hold onto it. Seeing how you were the one, who made the device. It's only fitting that you hold onto the bracelet for safe keeping. If we have to, then we'll return the bracelet to her tomorrow."

As he learned that her name was Lektra Bolt, he smiled and nodded as she also introduced Sparky. "It's nice to meet you Lektra and I think it's cool you named your machine Sparky. It shows that you have a strong bond to whatever this little machine is. I hope you can forgive me. I just don't know what these devices are. The only thing that's close to this is the stuff my dad would work on as a welder." He had a look of awe and understanding as Lektra explained that the pop and crackle was her sister, who left previously. "This is my first time here in Ponyville as I just moved here today. I will admit that the slogan sounds pretty catchy.

At the mention of coffee, he looked to have a somewhat quizzical expression upon his face. Which the look soon evaporated as he shook his head. "Coffee is okay, but I'm more of a soda kind of pony. Oh, it's okay. I sometimes forget to clean up my room to where there are soda cans lying around the floor." He chuckled as he could relate with Lektra. The chuckling soon subsided as he frowned at the mention of losing the love of her life. "I'm really sorry to hear about that. It must have been upsetting and disheartening. I know because I've been through that about a year or two ago." He says, making his way over and taking the seat on her left. "Did you perhaps want to talk about it? Maybe talk and get to know each other? You seem like a nice mare, in my opinion. Plus, these devices and inventions seem really interesting."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, Califorum said:

@Lektra Bolt

Tirek didn't seem to be paying attention at all to the others and shut the door. He also locked it too, it doesn't seem he was in much of a mood to do anything and wind down for the day in his alone time. There was some sounds of heavy things being lifted in the room. Perhaps he was working out, and purposely blocking out whatever chatter happened outside the door. Sombra had walked into his room, looking over to Chrysalis as he did something similar with the darkness, making the whole room look like a royal bedroom, though it took a bit longer than it took Chrysalis to make the room to her touch. He didn't say anything as Cosmodian spoke.

"Stop messing around and go out and find him. It seems that 'Lord' Tirek isn't in much of a mood to do anything, I don't blame him really. Sombra, Chrysalis...go and find the Storm King. Bring him back...alive." Cosmodian commanded much to Sombra's dismay.

"Lord Tirek would be a better option to work with Ch-" Sombra was cut short by Cosmodian. "You all have to learn to work together or else this entire plan won't work! Convince Tirek to help you, I don't really care! I have other matters to attend to. Do. Not. Bother. Me." Cosmodian huffed angrily and proceeded into his room. Little did the villains know, he had a spell hidden in the rooms to where even the most observant couldn't see, so he could keep tabs on the villains and spy on them. Tirek seemed to be lifting weights and working out, going "Da da da da..." to mock the talking outside. 

Since Sombra was the only one out in the hall he sighed. "Fine. Lets get this over with and find the Storm King...he likely does have some ways to defend himself though I haven't studied him to know properly." he absently started walking the way the Storm King had exited, not seemingly caring if Chrysalis followed him or not.

Kinda impressive, he could do this. I counted the time. A few seconds longer. Not bad

I was about to say the exact same thing as Sombra did and opened my mouth, then closed it. Basically same thoughts, I just didn't have time to get it out. Cosmodian was right, and it would give me time to possibly bond with my student.

I did follow him, but I transformed into a beetle to sit on his back. Let him do all the walking. Once we got outside I transformed back, wondering if I'd surprised him just seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

My vision turned a dark green as I scanned for Storm King's life signature. There was enough life in the jungle that I had to filter out a lot of noise, but I eventually found him after a couple of minutes passed where I was just slowly turning around. I also noted a couple of creatures with a high love concentration I could capture. They'd be alive. I'd just never release them, as I had to keep up appearances.

"This way, don't ask how I know." I pointed with my right fore hoof to behind the temple as I headed over and around the large skull rock

Loud unintelligible struggling sounds and grunts of frustration could be heard as we went deeper into the jungle and approached closer, and soon we knew why. He was trapped by a carnivorous plant that had grabbed him in its vine appendages. The plant kept trying eat him, but he kept biting the vines and making it stop what it was doing. It couldn't eat him, but he was also not getting out of it's grip without help. All he could do was just delay it and delay it

"Shall we? Do you want to handle this and show me what you can do, or watch how I crush its will to live before I crush its actual life?" I cackled at any of the options

You're enjoying this

Maybe a little, heh

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

@Lektra Bolt

Sombra didn't really like that she was doing that, though he did nothing against it. He could have easily crushed her there and then, but he didn't. Part of him questions why, though as soon as he saw the Storm King in his predicament he huffed at Chrysalis. "I don't really care what you are capable of." he huffed and looked towards the Storm King who noticed them.

"Oh! You finally decided to bucking show up! What a relief!" he snapped angrily, sarcastically, though deep down within he was quite grateful. King Sombra marched up to the plant and fired a black beam at it, the plant turning to black crystal and other dark hues that were associated with the plant. As it turned to Crystal the plant's various vines seemed to turn away, forming elegant black crystal patterns and allowing the Storm King to be free, who fell to the ground.

The Storm King brushed off some plant material from himself and huffed. "At least you made yourself useful for once." he said to Sombra, who turned away, not seeming in the mood for yet another argument. 

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad @Emerald<3

"Mmmm." rather enjoyed the hug, but she was busy so we couldn't really do anything else at the moment.

I listened intently to what Dynamo said, nodding and leaving the bracelet there on the table for now.

"Don't worry, you'll probably get this stuff better over time. We'll see each other again, in later days, I'm sure." I looked over at Sparky and we exchanged looks. "Oh right, Sparky says please don't call him a thing."

I waited until Cocoa was done with work f before I did anything else. "I'd love to talk and for us to get to know each other Dynamo, but let's wait a moment." I waited politely for my refill and to make sure she was off work.

"Oh there you are." I nodded and gave a half smile, taking a sip. "Mmm good." The coffee made me feel relaxed and I probably had a goofy grin on my face before I shook my head. "Don't worry about the bill. I've been here so much lately I had arranged it with your parents and Coffee Mix to settle at the end of the week. I'll probably be here a lot again unless things change." With a long sigh I pulled out a random amount of bits I couldn't be bothered to count and placed it on the table for Cocoa to pick up. "This though? This is a tip for you, for a job well done and being a good friend to boot. Don't worry I'm not biased that we're friends that I would tip my friend better." Okay I lied, maybe a little. 

I motioned for her to sit down with Dynamo and myself, taking another sip. My expression suddenly got very very grave. As I put away the bracelet Dynamo said I should take for safekeeping, I put my elbows on the table and put my hooves together, looking around if anyone was listening in.

"You're right to guess that it was upsetting and disheartening. Extremely. I was out of town when it happened, when the members of the Elements courageously sacrificed themselves to save the world. I couldn't arrive in time to help, either. We've been at peace ever since, but I've never gotten over it. I've felt that life had no meaning." I sniffles and pulled on my nose, not caring at the moment. Tears started to stream down my face, again I didn't care. "The love of my life was one of them. I loved Twilight so much! I never even got to tell her how I felt! She never knew, and I was too shy to tell her. I was always spying on her and her friends and interviewing towns ponies, admiring my love from afar." I took a sip of coffee and finally wiped my face with my right fore hoof, but it kept on going non stop. I sniffled again, also feeling my face get hot. I was sure I was blushing

"I was aware that Twilight was not into mares, which made the pain of losing her even worse for me. Not only did I not have a chance to even tell her, but it was unrequited love. What was I to do? Publish my book?" I sniffled and pulled on the straw again, taking a nice long sip.

"I did publish my book and 'The Life and Love of Twilight Sparkle ft. The Elements of Harmony' sold pretty well. Sure it was a bit of a biased account and I included all my embarrassing 'thirsty' thoughts and it was a bit biased in praising her and her friends, but it was still the best account of their lives anyone had ever published. It's a great book and even 4 years later I get letters from readers who have enjoyed it, but the fact remains I've never gotten over this event." I wiped my face again, still crying like a child

Taking another sip I continued. "Work doesn't stop, and I enjoy my work. I've buried myself in my work, I drink coffee here like inhaling it, and I've been going to therapy with Starlight. The trauma isn't going away and I haven't moved on, but I'm kinda coping." I took a sip of coffee again, sniffled, and wiped my face again

"But it's not all bad. I've actually been going out these past 4 years since I work here at he outdoor Cafe now, and I've been meeting many wonderful ponies." I took another sip and really tried to wipe my face this time

"I've just not made many friends since then. It's really nice that we've clicked, but do you really want such a traumatized Twilight obcessed weirdo as a friend? I just have to be sure, since it's not that easy for me to make friends. Many find me extremely weird, and my obcession with the dead princess many more just find creepy, even now when many have moved on. I haven't. My next session with Starlight is tomorrow, I look forward to it with bated breath." I then laid my head on the table sideways and took another sip, staring at them like this while waiting for a response. My tears had mostly calmed down by now, but I'd made a comical puddle on the table as well as around myself as well

Wow, did I really have all this water in me? Okay maybe it was all the coffee I'd been drinking containing liquid

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Emerald<3 said:

@Lektra Bolt @Dynamo Pad

Hot Cocoa walked back with Lektra's refill. She smiled down at the two ponies, about to pause when she looked at Lektra, "We're gonna be closing in five minutes fyi." She informed, "Want me to bring you your bill?"

As Cocoa had made her return, he smiled as she’s brought a refill, before blinking in surprise at the store being closed. “Is it really closing time? I guess I really lost track of time. The travel from Fillydelphia to Ponyville was a lot further than I initially thought.” He chuckled sheepishly, before continuing. “While I was going to ask for that beverage you mentioned earlier. I suppose I’ll have to take a rain check for next time. I can imagine you’re still tired, so I don’t want to impose.” 

56 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@Dynamo Pad @Emerald<3

"Mmmm." rather enjoyed the hug, but she was busy so we couldn't really do anything else at the moment.

I listened intently to what Dynamo said, nodding and leaving the bracelet there on the table for now.

"Don't worry, you'll probably get this stuff better over time. We'll see each other again, in later days, I'm sure." I looked over at Sparky and we exchanged looks. "Oh right, Sparky says please don't call him a thing."

I waited until Cocoa was done with work f before I did anything else. "I'd love to talk and for us to get to know each other Dynamo, but let's wait a moment." I waited politely for my refill and to make sure she was off work.

"Oh there you are." I nodded and gave a half smile, taking a sip. "Mmm good." The coffee made me feel relaxed and I probably had a goofy grin on my face before I shook my head. "Don't worry about the bill. I've been here so much lately I had arranged it with your parents and Coffee Mix to settle at the end of the week. I'll probably be here a lot again unless things change." With a long sigh I pulled out a random amount of bits I couldn't be bothered to count and placed it on the table for Cocoa to pick up. "This though? This is a tip for you, for a job well done and being a good friend to boot. Don't worry I'm not biased that we're friends that I would tip my friend better." Okay I lied, maybe a little. 

I motioned for her to sit down with Dynamo and myself, taking another sip. My expression suddenly got very very grave. As I put away the bracelet Dynamo said I should take for safekeeping, I put my elbows on the table and put my hooves together, looking around if anyone was listening in.

"You're right to guess that it was upsetting and disheartening. Extremely. I was out of town when it happened, when the members of the Elements courageously sacrificed themselves to save the world. I couldn't arrive in time to help, either. We've been at peace ever since, but I've never gotten over it. I've felt that life had no meaning." I sniffles and pulled on my nose, not caring at the moment. Tears started to stream down my face, again I didn't care. "The love of my life was one of them. I loved Twilight so much! I never even got to tell her how I felt! She never knew, and I was too shy to tell her. I was always spying on her and her friends and interviewing towns ponies, admiring my love from afar." I took a sip of coffee and finally wiped my face with my right fore hoof, but it kept on going non stop. I sniffled again, also feeling my face get hot. I was sure I was blushing

"I was aware that Twilight was not into mares, which made the pain of losing her even worse for me. Not only did I not have a chance to even tell her, but it was unrequited love. What was I to do? Publish my book?" I sniffled and pulled on the straw again, taking a nice long sip.

"I did publish my book and 'The Life and Love of Twilight Sparkle ft. The Elements of Harmony' sold pretty well. Sure it was a bit of a biased account and I included all my embarrassing 'thirsty' thoughts and it was a bit biased in praising her and her friends, but it was still the best account of their lives anyone had ever published. It's a great book and even 4 years later I get letters from readers who have enjoyed it, but the fact remains I've never gotten over this event." I wiped my face again, still crying like a child

Taking another sip I continued. "Work doesn't stop, and I enjoy my work. I've buried myself in my work, I drink coffee here like inhaling it, and I've been going to therapy with Starlight. The trauma isn't going away and I haven't moved on, but I'm kinda coping." I took a sip of coffee again, sniffled, and wiped my face again

"But it's not all bad. I've actually been going out these past 4 years since I work here at he outdoor Cafe now, and I've been meeting many wonderful ponies." I took another sip and really tried to wipe my face this time

"I've just not made many friends since then. It's really nice that we've clicked, but do you really want such a traumatized Twilight obcessed weirdo as a friend? I just have to be sure, since it's not that easy for me to make friends. Many find me extremely weird, and my obcession with the dead princess many more just find creepy, even now when many have moved on. I haven't. My next session with Starlight is tomorrow, I look forward to it with bated breath." I then laid my head on the table sideways and took another sip, staring at them like this while waiting for a response. My tears had mostly calmed down by now, but I'd made a comical puddle on the table as well as around myself as well

Wow, did I really have all this water in me? Okay maybe it was all the coffee I'd been drinking containing liquid

As she explained that Sparky was to not be referred to as an ‘it,’ Dynamo gave both Lektra and Sparky an apologetic look. “I understand and my that’s my bad. I’m sorry for the mistake, Sparky.” When she mentioned the tragic event of the elements of harmony, Dynamo’s expression darkened as he remembered that day. “I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember reading it in the newspaper when I wasn’t still in high school. I almost couldn’t believe it, but reality can be cruel sometimes.” He shook his head, feeling angered at his bullied cheering at the loss of Twilight and the others.

The blue unicorn frowned as he felt sorry about Lektra had lost someone she loved. Even if the feelings weren’t returned, he could tell she’s cared deeply for Twilight. He continued to stay quiet as he allowed the yellow mare to vent. As she suddenly became quiet, Dynamo took a moment to digest everything he was told, before scooting over to Lektra. He placed a calming hoof upon her back. “I’m really sorry to hear about that. I can tell from what you’ve told me that you cared deeply for her. Even if you said she want into mares, I can tell she really cared about you, as well. It’s disheartening to hear that therapy isn’t working well, but it’s better to take steps into coping, instead of not at all. It’s even better to talk to others about this. It may or may not work, but talking always helps.” He says, moving his hand in a circular motion on her back. A way of trying to help calm the distraught Lektra down.

”if you ask me, then I would like to be your friend. I don’t think you’re a weirdo, Lektra. If you ask me, then I think you’re an interesting, kind and caring mare. From what you’ve told me, it shows that you take friends very seriously and care about others. I can relate with you as aside from the ponies I’ve met, I’ve never really had a friend back home in Fillydelphia.” He frowned as he was about to explain what he went through.

”You see, I can relate on losing a loved one as I lost my dad a year or two. My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. He was both a welder and racer by trade when growing up. He never wore a mask as he worked with a welders helmet. Because of that, my mom and I tried our best to make sure he could get some help. It wasn’t easy, but we managed Ron help him to where he seems fine for about a month. However, the conditions worsened and he looked like he was fading away. He decided his time was over and we had to let him go in the hospital. I never felt more powerless in all of my life. I felt like there was more that I could do, but there was nothing more than I could do.” He sniffed as he felt a stray tear cascade down his face. “I’m sorry about that, but I wanted to let you know that you’re not alone, Lektra.” He says, wiping the tear away with his hoof.

• Brohoof 2

Rose got up after her feathers were straight, and walked into her room, where her sword hung on the wall by her bed. She picked up a wad of paper to see it was a pic of the mane 6 back when they were alive, with cut where she tossed her knife 3 years ago. She crumpled it up and tossed it back into the trash bin  next to the window. She fell onto her bed and wrapped her wings around her body for warmth due to habit.

@Lektra Bolt @Dynamo Pad

Cocoa giggled and levitated three mugs of cocoa over to them, "I saw you two out here when I was in the kitchen." She admitted, "So I decided to make you these. Free of charge." She set two of them down and levitated the third in front of her face, taking a sip of it.

"It's great to see you guys again. I'm super excited to catch up with you."

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

@Lektra Bolt @Dynamo Pad

Cocoa giggled and levitated three mugs of cocoa over to them, "I saw you two out here when I was in the kitchen." She admitted, "So I decided to make you these. Free of charge." She set two of them down and levitated the third in front of her face, taking a sip of it.

"It's great to see you guys again. I'm super excited to catch up with you."

As he heard Cocoa's voice, he looked over to see a mug being levitated over to him. He felt his cheeks were beginning to feel warm from the kind hospitality. "Thank you, but you didn't have to do that. I was more worried about you well being." He took a sip from his mug, before  his eyes began to look like they were shining. "This is delicious! Is this what you were talking about with the special drink you like to make? If so, then this is amazing. I've had hot chocolate before in the winter time, but this takes the cake. This is the type of drink you wouldn't mind having in the other types of seasons over the years." He smiled sheepishly as he realized he was going overboard. As he talked, he didn't notice that he had a hot chocolate mustache on his face. He shook his head as he levitated a couple of bits out of his wallet and saddlebag. "Thank you, but I truly insist. You and a few others have made my first day here very enjoyable. Please, accept this as one would pay for a beverage in this cafe."

He nodded as he remembered he still wanted to talk and get to know Cocoa, as well. "It's great to see you again too, Cocoa. I'm glad I was able to help out when I did. Plus, I wanted to catch up with you and get to know you and Lektra. You wanted to know about my unicorn horn, correct?"

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As he heard Cocoa's voice, he looked over to see a mug being levitated over to him. He felt his cheeks were beginning to feel warm from the kind hospitality. "Thank you, but you didn't have to do that. I was more worried about you well being." He took a sip from his mug, before  his eyes began to look like they were shining. "This is delicious! Is this what you were talking about with the special drink you like to make? If so, then this is amazing. I've had hot chocolate before in the winter time, but this takes the cake. This is the type of drink you wouldn't mind having in the other types of seasons over the years." He smiled sheepishly as he realized he was going overboard. As he talked, he didn't notice that he had a hot chocolate mustache on his face. He shook his head as he levitated a couple of bits out of his wallet and saddlebag. "Thank you, but I truly insist. You and a few others have made my first day here very enjoyable. Please, accept this as one would pay for a beverage in this cafe."

He nodded as he remembered he still wanted to talk and get to know Cocoa, as well. "It's great to see you again too, Cocoa. I'm glad I was able to help out when I did. Plus, I wanted to catch up with you and get to know you and Lektra. You wanted to know about my unicorn horn, correct?"

She waved her hoof away, "I suppose. I was never going to ask though." She took another sip of her drink, levitating it to the side as she smiled at him, "But if you really do want to talk about it, I won't stop you." She set the mug on the table. 

• Brohoof 1

I just hugged Dynamo and just sobbed in this position, having moved my bendy straw to be able to sip on the hot chocolate as well. I hadn't completely calmed down yet from having to recant all that to both of them

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I just hugged Dynamo and just sobbed in this position, having moved my bendy straw to be able to sip on the hot chocolate as well. I hadn't completely calmed down yet from having to recant all that to both of them

Dynamo was immediately surprised when he felt Lektra had pulled him into a hug. His surprised reaction soon faded as he gently wrapped his hooves around her and returned the embrace. All the while, rocking her back and forth and patting her back with his fore hoof. "Shh...it's okay. Just let it all out. Cocoa and I are right here and we aren't going to leave you, Lektra.

22 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

She waved her hoof away, "I suppose. I was never going to ask though." She took another sip of her drink, levitating it to the side as she smiled at him, "But if you really do want to talk about it, I won't stop you." She set the mug on the table. 

Dynamo smiled softly, yet it looked like a sad smile. "True, but I feel like you deserve to know. After all, I did ask about your tail." He looked back towards Lektra and nodded at her, while still giving her a hug. "You can listen to, if you like. All three of us are getting to know each other, after all." He says, pulling back from the hug so Lektra could hear him, but stayed close in case  she needed another hug. He looked to both Cocoa and Lektra and cleared his throat, before he began. "I guess it all started when I was born. The doctor's took one look at me and were pretty baffled. They told my mom and dad that they had never seen a unicorn horn like this before. They had to keep me overnight for testing and came to the conclusion that my horn was a birth defect. Meaning that I would never be able to mold any magic in my life, or ever. As I grew up, I had to learn to do everything by hoof and without magic, so it wasn't easy. It didn't help that I was being bullied by others, who were already exceptional with their magic and because I was kind. All I wanted to do was to make friends, but some bullies thought friendship and kindness would get you nowhere. They got every student to rally together and pick on me whenever they felt like it. So, you can imagine that I really didn't have anyone to call a friend." He sighed, finally revealing why he was so hesitant on the word, 'friend.'

"When I was around 14 years old, I was trying to run from my bullies in town. I managed to lose them, but that's where I stumbled upon an arcade. I never really got to go out of the house, so it was breathtaking, to say the least. It was there that I met my gaming teacher, Pinball Wizard. He was the owner of the shop and he was kind and helpful for my first time being at the arcade. As the bullies showed up to pick on me, Mr. Pinball didn't want to have it and decided on a gaming battle. Like you Lektra, he too, had a motto. 'If you have to settled a disagreement or problem, then settled it with games and not your hooves. He never took kindly to violence, so we took our battle out in a video game. I believe the game was called Dead or Alive. I lost the first round, but I was able to somehow learn and win the second round. As the third round started, both my bully and I were evenly matched. That's when the most craziest thing had happened. For some reason, it felt like I was able to fight like the character did in the video game. Like my hooves matched their punching movement/animation. What I didn't realize was that my magic was making the controller move alongside the buttons I pressed. Which meant I was able to deliver the finishing strike and won the game. After I won, I managed to get my cutie mark in video games and unlocked my magic, as well."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Lektra Bolt

(I may be off and on since I'm still doing my homework so please excuse me for my lateness).

Hot Cocoa nodded in all the right places, tapping her chin understandingly. She dipped her head down, "Well, that's actually very interesting if you ask me." She admitted, "Your talent is playing videogames, that is interesting. I haven't met anypony with something like that as a talent." Strangely enough, she hadn't said one word against his horn. It was his cutie mark that interested her more, "Well..." She cleared her throat, "I discovered my special talent when I left kindergarden. I was kind of a late bloomer." She chuckled, "I was invited to a party by some of my old friends, and I decided to bring them some beverages as a thank you. Then, when they started going on and on about how good it was... I got my cutie mark." She pointed down at the mug of hot chocolate on her flank, "What about you though, Lektra?" She wondered, "What's your special talent?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

@Dynamo Pad @Lektra Bolt

(I may be off and on since I'm still doing my homework so please excuse me for my lateness).

Hot Cocoa nodded in all the right places, tapping her chin understandingly. She dipped her head down, "Well, that's actually very interesting if you ask me." She admitted, "Your talent is playing videogames, that is interesting. I haven't met anypony with something like that as a talent." Strangely enough, she hadn't said one word against his horn. It was his cutie mark that interested her more, "Well..." She cleared her throat, "I discovered my special talent when I left kindergarden. I was kind of a late bloomer." She chuckled, "I was invited to a party by some of my old friends, and I decided to bring them some beverages as a thank you. Then, when they started going on and on about how good it was... I got my cutie mark." She pointed down at the mug of hot chocolate on her flank, "What about you though, Lektra?" She wondered, "What's your special talent?"

@Lektra Bolt

As Dynamo listened to what Cocoa had thought of his past, he blinked in surprise as she didn't mention anything about his horn. Rather, she didn't say anything bad about him. Normally, most ponies would say something is weird about him, but Cocoa was different. The same could be said for Lektra as he thought about all of this. He wanted to say something, but decided not to for the moment as he listened to Cocoa's story. "That's pretty interesting. I admit that I was the last in my class to get my cutie mark. So, you're not alone on that. I think that's pretty interesting on how to get your mark. I forgot to mention one thing about my talent. You're right that my talent is in video games, but it's more to it than that. My talent is my passion for video games, but it's also about adapting to both video games and real life, as well." He says, turning his attention over to Lektra. He placed a hoof upon her shoulder once more to let her know that everything was okay. "I'd like to hear about your special talent and how you gained your mark, if that's okay." He says, levitating the cup of hot chocolate up to him as he took another sip of his beverage.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I listened intently and took mental notes, not interrupting and kinda just using the stories to ground myself for the moment. I mean I can't always just break down, gotta calm down. I took a long sip of my coffee, finished it, then some of the hot chocolate, tried to half smile, and then listened to Cocoa tell her story, also making mental notes.

2 hours ago, Emerald<3 said:

"What about you though, Lektra?" She wondered, "What's your special talent?" 

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"I'd like to hear about your special talent and how you gained your mark, if that's okay

"Well........." I took a sip of hot chocolate. 

"I come from a long line of magical inventors in Manehattan. You could say magic is in my blood, but so is electricity. Also, we've all been considered eccentric by our peers. We are futurists, which means that we look to the future and progress in general. Progress towards a better tomorrow by improving everyone's lives, which also happens to be part of our company slogan." I took a sip, then continued

"Take Sparky here for example." I waved a hoof to the machine. "Sparky is my first success at an artificial intelligence. I admit he's a tad limited, but I'm always tweaking and improving him. He's actually rather proud of himself, heh." Sparky beeped in agreement when I said this. "Yup, see. He agrees."

"Anyway we've worked with magic for generations. Everyone in the family can use electricity to a certain extent, and marry ponies who have a similar magic affinity or specialization. We're not inbred." I chuckled and took a sip at this point.

"We've always been into enchanting and mechanical inventing in general, and the majority of the family get their talent in this." I took a sip, gurgling it around and enjoying before swallowing. "Some get it in actual lighting or thunder, like my dad. His nickname is Booming. He always yells. If you need to sneak around, never bring my father." I chuckled at that. "My mom Lightning actually got hers in lightning manipulation, as her name. My little siblings are considered weird even by my family standards, but they're similar enough."

I pondered for a moment as I took another sip. "Come to think of it, I believe I've designed some arcade machines. You might be interested in those Dynamo. Mine are a little different though, and like everything my company makes are more advanced than what you might be used to."

"Which brings us to my talent. I was out in a lightning storm one night thinking about when I'd get my Cutie Mark. Poor choice you might say, but we've never been afraid of storms and I do my best thinking during them. I got struck and got my Cutie Mark while thinking about what my first breakthrough would be and when. The bolt was exactly the inspiration I needed. It was fate really, as I drew up the blueprints for Sparky the next morning. After a couple of failed attempts, I succeeded. Well eventually, as I had to study some more first and refine the idea." I took a long sip of hot chocolate, but it wasn't that hot anymore.

"The rest is history, as they say. Over the years afterwards I did a lot of world traveling as well as learning with other enchanters, and designed Magitek. The family business really took off after that. While enchanting is not a new magic, my specific form and methods are slightly different. You could say it's an advancement in enchanting, like the time Twilight finished a spell of Starswirl. I don't quite know why she got wings for doing this and I didn't, but whatever. I don't question the will of Celestia." I shrugged my fore hooves and took a sip, nearly finishing the cup. 

"So my talent is enchanting and working with metal, either magically shaping it or using my tools. I've never really been able to enchant anything else, and my magic just seems to bond to it easier. Anything metallic really, but specifically the rare metal Magitainium. It's rare and therefore expensive, but also great for when an enchantment refuses to take on another metallic substance. Metal just does as I command, and I've been called the Mistress of Metal by some. It's a fearsome ability, but nothing I can't handle." I finished the cup with one last sip

I looked around, noticing it had gotten a bit dark and the street lamps had turned on. A Bolt Solutions Magitek, of course. "Wow, I'm sorry. I've rambled on for too long and it's getting late. Would you two like to spend the night at my hut? I could show you my life size Princess Twilight statue. It's made of solid Magitanium." I felt my face get extremely hot at this point, thinking about her again. I let out a long sigh, waiting for their reply

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
8 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I listened intently and took mental notes, not interrupting and kinda just using the stories to ground myself for the moment. I mean I can't always just break down, gotta calm down. I took a long sip of my coffee, finished it, then some of the hot chocolate, tried to half smile, and then listened to Cocoa tell her story, also making mental notes.

"Well........." I took a sip of hot chocolate. 

"I come from a long line of magical inventors in Manehattan. You could say magic is in my blood, but so is electricity. Also, we've all been considered eccentric by our peers. We are futurists, which means that we look to the future and progress in general. Progress towards a better tomorrow by improving everyone's lives, which also happens to be part of our company slogan." I took a sip, then continued

"Take Sparky here for example." I waved a hoof to the machine. "Sparky is my first success at an artificial intelligence. I admit he's a tad limited, but I'm always tweaking and improving him. He's actually rather proud of himself, heh." Sparky beeped in agreement when I said this. "Yup, see. He agrees."

"Anyway we've worked with magic for generations. Everyone in the family can use electricity to a certain extent, and marry ponies who have a similar magic affinity or specialization. We're not inbred." I chuckled and took a sip at this point.

"We've always been into enchanting and mechanical inventing in general, and the majority of the family get their talent in this." I took a sip, gurgling it around and enjoying before swallowing. "Some get it in actual lighting or thunder, like my dad. His nickname is Booming. He always yells. If you need to sneak around, never bring my father." I chuckled at that. "My mom Lightning actually got hers in lightning manipulation, as her name. My little siblings are considered weird even by my family standards, but they're similar enough."

I pondered for a moment as I took another sip. "Come to think of it, I believe I've designed some arcade machines. You might be interested in those Dynamo. Mine are a little different though, and like everything my company makes are more advanced than what you might be used to."

"Which brings us to my talent. I was out in a lightning storm one night thinking about when I'd get my Cutie Mark. Poor choice you might say, but we've never been afraid of storms and I do my best thinking during them. I got struck and got my Cutie Mark while thinking about what my first breakthrough would be and when. The bolt was exactly the inspiration I needed. It was fate really, as I drew up the blueprints for Sparky the next morning. After a couple of failed attempts, I succeeded. Well eventually, as I had to study some more first and refine the idea." I took a long sip of hot chocolate, but it wasn't that hot anymore.

"The rest is history, as they say. Over the years afterwards I did a lot of world traveling as well as learning with other enchanters, and designed Magitek. The family business really took off after that. While enchanting is not a new magic, my specific form and methods are slightly different. You could say it's an advancement in enchanting, like the time Twilight finished a spell of Starswirl. I don't quite know why she got wings for doing this and I didn't, but whatever. I don't question the will of Celestia" I shrugged my fore hooves and took a sip, nearly finishing the cup. 

"So my talent is enchanting and working with metal, either magically shaping it or using my tools. I've never really been able to enchant anything else, and my magic just seems to bond to it easier. Anything metallic really, but specifically the rare metal Magitainium. It's rare and therefore expensive, but also great for when an enchantment refuses to take on another metallic substance. Metal just does as I command, and I've been called the Mistress of Metal by some. It's a fearsome ability, but nothing I can't handle." I finished the cup with one last sip

I looked around, noticing it had gotten a bit dark and the street lamps had turned on. A Bolt Solutions Magitek, of course. "Wow, I'm sorry. I've rambled on for too long and it's getting late. Would you two like to spend the night at my hut? I could show you my life size Princess Twilight statue. It's made of solid Magitanium." I felt my face get extremely hot at this point, thinking about her again. I let out a long sigh, waiting for their reply

As he listened about her family's history, Dynamo placed his elbows on the table, while resting his chin on his hooves. A look of interest and wonder were present upon his face. "I hope this isn't rude and I can imagine you're family has heard of this before. However, I was going to say that it seems your family has a shocking personality." He chuckled slightly and shook his head at his joke. "I'm sorry, but if there's one thing you must know about me, then it's that I do like puns from time to time. I admit that some puns are bad, but I guess I wanted to make everyone have a nice chuckle." As she waved towards Sparky, he smiled as he could hear Sparky begin to make beeping noises. "He sounds really happy from what I heard. I know it's not the same, but it's like the same for me when it comes to playing video games. I know they are character's in a game, but when I play. I feel as if I am that character, in a way." He says, finishing up the rest of his hot chocolate, before levitating the cup back onto the table.

Once Lektra was explaining how she got her cutie mark, Dynamo's jaw dropped in both shock and awe. "I never would have thought that a lightning bolt would be able to give you a cutie mark. I guess cutie marks work in crazy, yet different ways. Still, glad to know that you were safe and that you were able to gain both a cutie mark and build Sparky." At the mention of an arcade machine, Dynamo's eyes glowed with curiosity. "Are you serious!? I didn't know you tinkered with arcade games. Now I actually want to give this arcade machine a try. I admit that while the challenge seems intimidating, it still sounds like fun. Seeing how my talent is all about adapting, then I would't mind seeing how the game turns out." He didn't understand much when it came to magic such as enchanting, but it was interesting to listen to. "I heard stories that Starswirl was powerful, but he didn't have many friends. I always wondered if he had friends ,or the ones he worked with were more of acquaintances." He shrugged his shoulders as he didn't know the answer, as well. "The way you enchant and work with metal is like welding, in my opinion. Being able to shape and form pieces together with metal is what my dad did. Although, he did use tools and other equipment, but I guess it's still the same concept." He says, fascinated that Lektra was able to use metal to such a degree.

8 hours ago, Emerald<3 said:

@Lektra Bolt @Dynamo Pad

Hot Cocoa pondered this, "Normally I would, but I have to wake up early in the morning and I don't want to wake you guys..." She explained, "Unless you would'nt find it distracting."

As he looked around him, he noticed that it was indeed getting really late. He smiled and shook his head at Lektra's remark. "It's okay and no need to apologize. I think your story on your past and where you are now is really cool." At the mention of staying the night, he hummed at the offer, before nodding. "My house is down the road, but I might go to the hut. It's getting dark and it might be dangerous at night time. I hope I'm not imposing, or anything like that. If you're okay with having guests over, then I'll take you up on the offer. Do you have an arcade machine like you were talking about? I'd love to try some games out and see what you've been telling me." He says, feeling enthusiastic over how advanced she made these arcade machines. "I wouldn't mind in wanting to see the statue, Lektra. It must have taken a long time to make when it comes to making a statue. I hope you can forgive me on not knowing what Magitanium is. I can only guess that it's a special kind of metal, or something like that, right?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad