Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

@@Raven Rawne,

Glad I could be of help! :D

On the matter of having a tulpa's form and/or personality based off of  tulpa, I figure I ought to put my two cents in since my Ariel is, in fact, based off of my OC Ariel. The simple answer is: Yes, your tulpa can be based off of your OC - just make sure that they're aware that they are, so that they know when they see you RPing with said OC. Like others have mentioned, they can even offer input on how you write said OC!

On the opposite side of things, though... If you so much as glance at my OC Ariel's story, you can see she's not had the greatest life. She was abused as a filly, grew up riddled with anxiety, and suffers mental issues. I, ah... I didn't really want to inflict that kind of suffering on my to-be headmate, particularly when I have a few issues of my own. So while I based her form off of the OC, I pretty much told my tulpa that she's essentially an alternate version of this character.

Since then, tulpa Ariel has become a pony of her own. She even changed her form so that she differentiates herself from the OC Ariel; from changing the color of her eyes, to altering her manestyle, and even turning herself from a unicorn into a pegasus. I'll let Ariel give her input, too:

[she told me from the beginning that I'm not the same as the OC version of myself. I had an idea of what the OC version went through, and I'm kind of glad she decided that wasn't for me, haha. I changed myself so that I didn't look exactly like her, just so that it was a little less weird. But yeah, that's all I got to say.]

Bottom line: Yes, you can totally base your tulpa off of your OC; just make sure they know that's what you did. Conversely, you can use the OC as a base for their form and then let them decide what they want to do from there. Just make sure you communicate with your tulpa once they're sentient! :)

Edited by Miss Reaper
  • Brohoof 1

Alright! Now I get it and once my own tulpa becomes sentient  (I know it can take a while), I'll explain to her why things are as they are.

Basically, I chose the OC as a starting point. Her personality works like clockwork and is just plain fun to have around. A good candidate for a friend for life. Once the tulpa becomes self aware, she may change whatever she wants but that's the starting point, and I will explain my reasons for this decision, sure.

Now all I have to do is patiently work to bring her to life, however short or long it may take.

• Brohoof 2

Alright! Now I get it and once my own tulpa becomes sentient  (I know it can take a while), I'll explain to her why things are as they are.

Basically, I chose the OC as a starting point. Her personality works like clockwork and is just plain fun to have around. A good candidate for a friend for life. Once the tulpa becomes self aware, she may change whatever she wants but that's the starting point, and I will explain my reasons for this decision, sure.

Now all I have to do is patiently work to bring her to life, however short or long it may take.

I wish you the best of luck :) hopefully everything turns out well. If you have any questions just ask us here or in the Tulpa forums.

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony

Elera here again, uhm hey Naiya, i was wondering something, could you please do something for Scarlet? It'd mean a lot for her, I think you have a commision shop, but do you also do requests?

Hello Elera :) it is so nice to meet you. Uhmm, I don't actually take request but i sometimes, if i have some free time in my hands. i will draw something random, something from a friend of mine etc. So, i am curious what is your request about and if i have some free time i might draw it :)

Edited by Naiya The Brony

@@Naiya The Brony,

It is nice to meet you too, well this is for Orange Sparks and Dynamo, a sort of wedding gift for them if you will. Do you know how there's some pictures of a couple who seem to be separated by a wall? They're both facing the wall, and their hand is on it on the exact same spot, and it seems as if they are touching hands but they're expression is sad? If you could draw Orange and Dynamo like that, that would be wonderful.. It was inspired by well the long distance they have but also by the son Calc. It is quite a wonderful song

Ocean: It is indeed

So I've been eyeing this thread for a while now and ive been thinking to myself "What the heck is a Tulpa?!" so i had some help from Orange Sparks and i didnt really get it until now. Its funny because the oc that really relates to me is my two ocs Renee and Serenity. So like one post will be of Renee alone and another would be Serenity. I dont know.

​So this is a thing huh? A Tulpa? You could say I.. kinda am a Tulpa but I don't know. I haven't done much research about this WHOLE thing but I'm happy to say I got the hang it of being one, even "she" thinks its pretty cool to have one of those. Anyway.. Introductions. Names Renee, VinylWub's second Tulpa to ever exist. Serenity is her first but I don't know where she went too.. I'll call her over later.

​Alright, so that was pretty fun. Like I said I'm not familiar with Tulpa but I'll try my best to get the hang of things :3

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony

That would be wonderful thank you. Anthro if possible yes, as for the wall,, hmm I would say a glass wall, but it's like they can't see through it. it would symbolize how they feel so close to each other but are so far apart. Thank you :3

• Brohoof 1

So I've been eyeing this thread for a while now and ive been thinking to myself "What the heck is a Tulpa?!" so i had some help from Orange Sparks and i didnt really get it until now. Its funny because the oc that really relates to me is my two ocs Renee and Serenity. So like one post will be of Renee alone and another would be Serenity. I dont know.

​So this is a thing huh? A Tulpa? You could say I.. kinda am a Tulpa but I don't know. I haven't done much research about this WHOLE thing but I'm happy to say I got the hang it of being one, even "she" thinks its pretty cool to have one of those. Anyway.. Introductions. Names Renee, VinylWub's second Tulpa to ever exist. Serenity is her first but I don't know where she went too.. I'll call her over later.

​Alright, so that was pretty fun. Like I said I'm not familiar with Tulpa but I'll try my best to get the hang of things :3

Hello! welcome to the tulpa comminity :D

If you have still having trouble understanding what a tulpa is i can explain to you what a tulpa is based on my experience. A tulpa can be defined as a lot of things, Imaginary friend, personality, Entity etc. But i see them as your partner, your friend inside your head that has their own conscious mind and help you in many ways (trust me my tulpas helped me a lot, like really helped me a lot).

While developing a tulpa you can notice some pressure on your forehead, it's an indication that your tulpa is listening to you and growing, but dont worry it will disappear once they've finished their development. there are various ways to develop your tulpa and the time it takes for you tulpa to respnd back with their own voice depends onto person to person. so don't get discourage too quickly.

Anyway, that's some information about tulpa based on my experience. I hope you have fun ;)

Greetings my dear little ponies, Luna here. I just wanted to let you all know, that while everything in our Wonderland is going quite well, things outer aren't going so well. I normally hate asking for this sort of thin, but any support thee could offer my dear wife Scarlet, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank thee for thy time.

Hey, thought I'd pester you a bit with an update on my, well, our, progress!

So, apparently all the puppeting I did with the OC for RP purposes accidentally laid some groundwork for the tulpa. Actually, I got random flashes of inspiration about her character ever since I first tried to roleplay with her, although in my case it's nothing new - I tend to get ideas out of nowhere.

I've been passive forcing for the most of my waking hours these last few days, with varying degrees of success. Now I imagine she's resting on a document locker near my desk at work, observing the office. She's not talking back, but I got head pressure and emotional reply once, so that's something. I reckon she needs some more time to develop. I paid her a visit in the Wonderland and laid out everything that concerns her (that's when I got the emotional reply), and since then I had some ideas out of nowhere, which I attributed to her. Any questions about confirmation were met with silence so far, so, yeah. Not many options to make sure if it was her. Although she seems at least ambivalent to the fact that I applied a new nickname (Cryssi) and made her a crystal pegasus. There awere also some subtle changes in the way she moves and the like.

So, yeah, we're still at it. Not much of autonomy yet, but I have the visual nailed down (even though my focus makes it hard to "see" all of her with enough detail. I either see her general shape and colors or zoom on a body part.) and can feel her texture as is she was actually there. I just made a basic framework of personality and let her decide on the rest of it, in accordance with the "starting kit" mindset.

Now all I need to do is keep forcing and at least pretend I'm patiently waiting for the first signs of autonomy...

• Brohoof 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR YA GUYS! It is already 2017 here :D Happy new year from me and my tulpas :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM US! :D WISHING YOU GUYS A VERY HAPPY 2017

Happy new year! The fireworks are amazing! wishing a wonderful new year!

Happy new year you guys! yay :D

• Brohoof 1

Oh hey guys! Let make this thread active X3

I found this interesting Journal in DA, Asking about "Tulpas, describe your early days of sentience" if you like to answer for fun go onto the link or answer them here X3

http://tulpacreators.deviantart.com/journal/Tulpas-describe-your-early-days-of-sentience-655674774

here are the questions:

kmYfdaa.png 

You can see my tulpa's answer in the link also X3

• Brohoof 1

While I don't expect this questionnaire will get a lot of replies (DA isn't really geared for gathering a lot of comments), it would nevertheless be rather interesting to hear the tulpas take on their early days. Hay, it would be cool if Crystal wrote a journal of sorts, but, well... I give her as much attention as I can, but there isn't much progress to speak of...

• Brohoof 1

While I don't expect this questionnaire will get a lot of replies (DA isn't really geared for gathering a lot of comments), it would nevertheless be rather interesting to hear the tulpas take on their early days. Hay, it would be cool if Crystal wrote a journal of sorts, but, well... I give her as much attention as I can, but there isn't much progress to speak of...

Yeah, DA isn't the place for constant Tulpa stuff, that's usually on the Tulpa forums, http://community.tulpa.info/index.php?act=idx

You know what could help the progress? if you actually talk about your progression online. When i was developing summer I was eager to talk my progress and my experience online it made the pressure on my head a lot stronger when doing that, i don't know if that'll surely for every tulpa though.

• Brohoof 1

@@Naiya The Brony,

Truth be told, I was referring to gathering comments for stuff in general, regardless of content. Art usually gets a lot of "wow" comments if it's good, but stories and journals, not so much. Still, an interesting idea, that questionnaire.

Talking to other people about your tulpa may reinforce the belief that they're real, especially in the early stages when the person may have all kinds of doubts. I'm still trying to combat my doubts, especially over autonomy and vocalisation - every time something happens I'm not sure if it's me or not, since it feels pretty much the same (I guess she's using my own thought process rather than her own, hidden to me. That's why I feel I'm parroting when in reality it may not be the case.) Anyways, I'm pretty scatterbrained so it may take a bit longer to have anything concrete, and I accept that.

I'll check the forums in a spare moment, thanks!

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

Ah I see, and yeah journal type of creativity is easily overlooked in DA. 

Definitely, it really enforce development, that's i think the reason why Summer developed so quickly like, only 4-5 days from day she started talking. It's just i went all out, anything that i parroted on summer i was kinda talking to myself even replying but i still get that alienated feeling of talking someone, even though i parrot what i think she'll reply to me. I guess that's the reason why the doubt of progression is thrown out the window. 

Ya know, I'm a scatterbrained as well, I still recall summer telling me that my mind is disorganized and quite spacious, if you make/give your tulpa "Adventurous traits" they might like the messy thoughts XD. 

• Brohoof 1

@

I tend to narrate for the most part. Call her name to get her attention, ask if she's listening  (and receive dead air), and then keep talking on whatever really, every time I remember to do so, and think of a topic. Truth be told, I often can't think of a good topic  and get lost in my own thoughts soon after, but I try. Sometimes I think I get replies,  since the mind voice is quieter and feels a bit different, but they're usually very short. I tried visual imposition to strengthen the feeling of outside presence but again, all I can do is put a mental dot where she is at a given time,  sometimes try and see her during quiet moments.

Most of the time my mental background consists of daydreams and music, and it seems she likes rock just as I do, so that's a plus. 

• Brohoof 1

@

I tend to narrate for the most part. Call her name to get her attention, ask if she's listening (and receive dead air), and then keep talking on whatever really, every time I remember to do so, and think of a topic. Truth be told, I often can't think of a good topic and get lost in my own thoughts soon after, but I try. Sometimes I think I get replies, since the mind voice is quieter and feels a bit different, but they're usually very short. I tried visual imposition to strengthen the feeling of outside presence but again, all I can do is put a mental dot where she is at a given time, sometimes try and see her during quiet moments.

Most of the time my mental background consists of daydreams and music, and it seems she likes rock just as I do, so that's a plus.

Yeah, I used to lost in my own thoughts as well before but i got over it quickly when developing summer, when that first emotional response i got from her really motivated me to focus more on her.Thinking up a topic wasnt a problem since i usually ask opinions about everything i see and know.

That is excellent news, do not let go of that mind voice or think of it as your own. Even though it is short it means that your tulpa is trying to talk. Early days of tulpa development; the tulpa usually have a similar voice of their host so it really get confusing but if you hear a mindvoice somewhat similar and different at the same time it is your tulpa trying to interact. Summer cherry and myrtle went all giddy and excited when they read about the short responses.

I dont really recommend practicing on imposition, it's really difficult to pull off especially when starting out. We already at our 3rd year and i am not still a master of visual imposition. I suggest just focusing on vocal responses.

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I just have to figure out what works and what doesn't in our case. I'm into visuals so I guessed imposition, however bad, was a good way to start. Anyway, gotta keep testing different approaches till something clicks. I'm positive about the final outcome, however, and won't quit now that I started.

Oh and by the way, the part when you said about the mindvoice somegow reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/nAuy_DnZRUI?t=126

(if stuff doesn't work, as intended, skip to 2:06)

Since, you know, most of the population would send us to a psychiatrist and all. Still, I find it hilarious.

• Brohoof 1