Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the Best Pony Art you've Seen?

RBDash

Anyone remember that big rumor that went around for a few weeks prior to the release of 'Keep Calm and Flutter On', in where people speculated over some false quotes and such that made it appear Discord is actually Starswirl the Bearded, and that he changed himself into what he is now, along with losing his sanity, long ago? Well, if not, it happened :3 Here's something I found that goes along with that.

bright_swirl_by_celestiathegreatest-d67o

• Brohoof 3

mare_space_3_isaac_clarke_by_lethalmoose

As you can see, this may not be the highest detailed, grade A image here, but it does demonstrate a very basic belief that some might have.

Isaac Clarke is best pony. 

Holy crap. This one is simply breathtaking. Love the angle and depth. Saw it on my newest deviations and knew it was a favorite at once :D

wonderbolt_academy_by_adlynh-d6895i0.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I have seen a lot of pony art but, I can give a lot of candidates so enjoy this picture. So let's all clap our hooves, if you want to.

trixie_by_ponykillerx-d4n4ebc.png

I'm getting into pictures with Rainbow Dash and Spike.

I didn't notice what a pair those two make....Not a romantic way but you know.....Maybe best friends after Twilight.

dragon_bucking_by_noben-d4mpfy0.jpg

ponies_dig_giant_robots_by_uc77-d4ncci9.

Because it combines two things I love, Friendship is Magic and Megas XLR, into one nice, thirst-quenching Megaslush. Plus, it's done by my favorite Pony artist, UC77

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I seemed to have misplaced the best Pony Art I've seen, All I'll say is it Featured Glaze, Wooden Toaster, Mic The Microphone and The Living Tombstone, and Wow it was Gorgeous Art, I feel in love with it, Sadly I can't find it, So here's something Instead.

kj2WJK7.jpg

And

vZbwSh4.png

Edited by Luminescent Dawn

• 2 weeks later...

Found this, smiled, had an 'aha!' moment, and faved. It's very creative, as well as adorable and well-drawn. I was also watching Minecraft playthroughs at the time so anything with lava was bound to catch my eye :P Spike is invulnerable to lava as seen in Dragon Quest, and the artist then took a minor, modest piece of their own head canon that Twilght's little transformation into Rapidash that was seen in Feeling Pinkie Keen could be utilized into a fire/lava resistance spell.

This is the result of such a spell :3

lava_splash_by_omegasunburst-d69rf93.png

I seemed to have misplaced the best Pony Art I've seen, All I'll say is it Featured Glaze, Wooden Toaster, Mic The Microphone and The Living Tombstone, and Wow it was Gorgeous Art, I feel in love with it, Sadly I can't find it, So here's something Instead.

img-1541313-1-kj2WJK7.jpg

And

img-1541313-2-vZbwSh4.png

Do you mean...

THIS?

15eitr4.jpg

Anyway, I also have some amazing art for you guys from Ziom05:

the_ancient_elements_of_harmony_by_ziom0

war_of_the_equestria_by_ziom05-d5quvbl.j

Here's a link to his Deviantart, this guy is EPIC: http://ziom05.deviantart.com/

post-16231-0-06374100-1371753429_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-62270000-1371753489_thumb.jpg

These two pics are so cool. I especially love the Captain Chrysalis pic. She looks so awesome dressed as a pirate captain. If given the chance, I'd follow her to the end of the world and back. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• 4 weeks later...

Why is "Cute Fan Art" and "Funny Fan Art" stickied, but not "Best Fan Art"?

Anyways, on to some of the best fan art I've seen. For the hipster record, I liked this before it was on FIMFiction. :P

story_of_the_bench_by_devinian-d66is3r.j

Warning, shipping ahead!

I love this to death. Oh my. <3

tangled_by_spiritto-d5e9hgd.png

Why is "Cute Fan Art" and "Funny Fan Art" stickied, but not "Best Fan Art"?

They're in different sections, the unwritten standards of pinning for a major forum like Sugarcube VS the spam forum are different, etc. I've thought about moving this to the Lounge, but as long as people continue to give good details for the posts they give, I don't see why we should do so :3

I don't have a specific picture of my best pony art, but I would honestly say anything that mysticalaplha would make. I just love their work :D

They're in different sections, the unwritten standards of pinning for a major forum like Sugarcube VS the spam forum are different, etc. I've thought about moving this to the Lounge, but as long as people continue to give good details for the posts they give, I don't see why we should do so :3

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about moving it to the lounge. The plus side of doing that would be the thread getting more exposure. As of now it's tiny as compared to the other two threads.

But then there's all the people who thought out and wrote "real" forum posts already.

Ah well. Since I'm posting in this thread again have another fan art. This is a great episode, and I've kinda been getting in to Spike art recently.

spike__s_dream_by_cannibalus-d5kjtl9.png