Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the Best Pony Art you've Seen?

RBDash

• 1 month later...

Wow this is a amazing thread, i love all this epic art on here :D . I found one, i thought this is both awesome and kinda funny. Hope you enjoy :P

post-7272-0-29400100-1346708600_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobthecableman

Posted Image

Woah... things just got 20% cooler up in here! B)

Forever, that will be a sign of awesomeness XD. Of Awesomeness...and it could easily be a wallpaper that would mean awesomeness as well XD.

Ya know guys, we have not had an update in this thread for far too long, and I'm gonna fix that, because there are way too many awesome pony pics out there that haven't been posted on this thread!

First up, here's Banecord, looking like a boss!

Posted Image

Next, Rainbow Dash powning some noobs! B)

Posted Image

And finally, Halo 4: Friendship Evolved. ^_^

Posted Image

Well, I'm sold... Halo 4 is officially going to be 20% cooler than every other game in the series! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

"Why hello, Tia, fancy seeing you here. Look who I found sobbing on my doorstep, looking for a friend!"

"L-Luna? What are you doing!? Get away from him, you know as well as I do that Discord cannot be trusted-"

"No, Celestia. Discord has shown me the truth I had for so long tried to pretend was not there. But fact cannot be ignored; I wallow, sister. Why must I suffer neglect while you obtain praise? Why must I sit at my window, the only one to enjoy the beautiful night, while all our subjects praise and dance under your sun? No longer, Celestia. If our subjects cannot appreciate the night, then I will force them to see it's beauty."

"No! Discord, you've twisted Luna's mind, haven't you!"

"Me? So quick to point fingers, Tia. I took Luna in when nopony else would, out of the goodness of my heart. Lo and behold did we find we have much in common. You denied your sister the love she so rightfully deserves, and you also denied me of my throne, so very long ago. All I wanted was to bring some fun to this silly old land, but no, miss righteousness had to take it all away, and turn me to stone, of all things!"

"This is the end, Celestia. Neither myself nor this Draconequus will tolerate your desire for power any longer."

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

Posted Image

Woah... things just got 20% cooler up in here! B)

HAHAHA.

Wow there is so much amazing artwork in here... i've never really taken a chance to look at all the amazing artwork but wow...

Its so beautiful its some of the most beautiful art i've ever seen for anything! No I think it IS the most amazing art I've ever seen.

"Why hello, Tia, fancy seeing you here. Look who I found sobbing on my doorstep, looking for a friend!"

"L-Luna? What are you doing!? Get away from him, you know as well as I do that Discord cannot be trusted-"

"No, Celestia. Discord has shown me the truth I had for so long tried to pretend was not there. But fact cannot be ignored; I wallow, sister. Why must I suffer neglect while you obtain praise? Why must I sit at my window, the only one to enjoy the beautiful night, while all our subjects praise and dance under your sun? No longer, Celestia. If our subjects cannot appreciate the night, then I will force them to see it's beauty."

"No! Discord, you've twisted Luna's mind, haven't you!"

"Me? So quick to point fingers, Tia. I took Luna in when nopony else would, out of the goodness of my heart. Lo and behold did we find we have much in common. You denied your sister the love she so rightfully deserves, and you also denied me of my throne, so very long ago. All I wanted was to bring some fun to this silly old land, but no, miss righteousness had to take it all away, and turn me to stone, of all things!"

"This is the end, Celestia. Neither myself nor this Draconequus will tolerate your desire for power any longer."

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT4B-NJUcZE

:blink: Dude... epic!!! B) I seriously love it when people draw Nightmare Moon in a serious manner; she has this evil but also regal look to her, somewhat reminiscent of the way Darth Vader carries himself. And speaking of awesome team-ups...

Posted Image

DO WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Ah well, while I'm at it, here, have some more epic Nightmare Moon! B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

The title of this piece is "Welcome the New Generation', and this is a fantastic recent work that holds a lot of epic reference and meaning in it. On the left is the fan made OC of Bonnie Zacherle, the original creator of My Little Pony. You then have Lauren Faust's OC making 'new art' of Generation Four. Bonnie, Lauren's mentor in the picture, is loving Lauren's idea for this next generation of pony ;)

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

The title of this piece is "Welcome the New Generation', and this is a fantastic recent work that holds a lot of epic reference and meaning in it. On the left is the fan made OC of Bonnie Zacherle, the original creator of My Little Pony. You then have Lauren Faust's OC making 'new art' of Generation Four. Bonnie, Lauren's mentor in the picture, is loving Lauren's idea for this next generation of pony ;)

Posted Image

I love how Twilight-esque the Fausticorn looks in that picture! She looks really proud of herself and she should be! She did just design the best pony after all ;)
  • Brohoof 1

This is friggin scary.

Posted Image

I mean...where are her pupils?

She wasn't intended to look evil in that piece of fanart, but it just looks like it so much X3

Oh my....those aren't just window's to her soul...they are friggin black holes........well...I know you and Spazzy would gladly go and stare into them until oblivion, but those eyes are so friggin big I'll accompany you.
  • Brohoof 1

This is friggin scary.

Posted Image

I mean...where are her pupils?

She wasn't intended to look evil in that piece of fanart, but it just looks like it so much X3

Considering what this fandom has produced and called art I expected much scarier. Still, she looks really intense. Great pic!
  • Brohoof 1

A Pink Shadow

I love this. I love the expressions and the concept itself is really awesome. Perspective from how we're looking at it is really nice, as well.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

There are some amasing artists out there....oh how I wish I was one of them. I've got some of my favorite pictures here and had to stop myself from posting many, many more.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

To whoever did the Calvin and Hobbes one, bless your soul. No seriously, I just sat here staring at that for like...5 minutes now? Golly gee wizz.

• 6 months later...

Saw this new one today and it's incredibly cool. All the spot-on character comparisons alone make it awesome.

my_little_pony_archenemies_by_southparkt

And for those who -can't- get at least half of these references, then I feel sorry for your childhood. But here they are anyway so you don't feel left out :P

We have Dash as Superman with trusty sidekick, battling Discord who is cosplaying Mr. Mxyzptlk; also a reality warping being.

Fluttershy is Batman taking on Iron Will as Bane, who is also a brute with insane strength.

AJ is Matrixing it up as Neo taking on his sinister pursuers in black sunglasses, the Flim Flam Brothers.

Obi-Rarkenobi is taking on Darth Chrysalis with some fabulous lightsabers.

The Doctor and his assistant Derpy are taking on Madame LeFlour, the sinister Dalek.

Bugs Pinkie is trolling the ever-persistent Elmer Gilda.

And finally, at the forefront, Sherlock Sparkle is faced off with The Great and Powerful Moriarity.

• Brohoof 3

YESSSSSSS I need some more badass pony art to spam my computer's memory disk with! :D

Lesse, what do I have that's gonna BLOW YOUR MINDS...

Celestial Crevasse by saturnspace

celestial_crevasse_by_saturnspace-d5k8we

Nurse Luna to the Rescue by johnjoseco (That guy is amazing)

nurse_luna_to_the_rescue_by_johnjoseco-d

Dangershy! by KP-ShadowSquirrel

dangershy__by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d5relvq.

I have a lot more, just check out my favorites on deviantart: http://sparkbrony.deviantart.com/favourites/

• Brohoof 1

I'm really into the grimdark stuff and very dark art. Especially when it's done well and the emotion punches me right in my face. If you don't like darker art, I suggest you don't look at these pictures.

Ziom's art is always amazing but the one that has left the biggest impression on me has to be this one:

discord_versus_lightmare_sun_by_ziom05-d

This has to be the best OC ever, drawn by ecmajor:

sine_600p_by_ecmajor-d54iyor.png

ColorlessCupcake's art really great. It has a certain rustic feel of it. He or she is able to really transer ideas into this beautiful art, most drawings are made because of a song.

heaven_betrayed_you_by_colorlesscupcake-

Crookedtrees is one of my favorite artists, his art is so great. Too bad that he deleted his deviantart :/

tumblr_m9bw3fDofr1rc9c4ro1_1280.png

So yea, I love grimdark. Mind you that this doesn't even come close to my favorite grimdark stuff, I decided not to post it because half of it would contradict with the rules lol. 

Here are quite a few interesting pics. Some are from a really talented artist called Slifertheskydragon. He has a lot of really interesting art! The others are just some really big pics that I really enjoyed looking at.

chrysalis_nightmare_by_slifertheskydrago

pony_wars_by_slifertheskydragon-d4kz6y7.

nightmare_night_by_slifertheskydragon-d4

new_version_of_my_little_canterlot_by_al

night_club_princess_by_alexmakovsky-d5hl

(edited)

The best pony art would have to be JohnJoseco on DeviantART.His drawings look like the show themselves.Here are some of his images:friendship_of_the_century_by_johnjoseco-

and_a_word_from_our_sponsors_by_johnjosefriendship_by_johnjoseco-d4cwyo5.png

Edited by MLPFan14