Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What then after the show ends?

PCutter

So the show finally ends. But frankly, I'm already a little dead inside. I considered pony to be one of those extremely rare jewels where everything was not so pessimistic anymore. I was happy, if only for a while. Now that it ends, I already feel like I have no sense of purpose, apart from me forcing myself to do personal business work. Like there's nothing left to enjoy anymore.

Will newcomers to the show still be welcome even after it's ended, including those who never heard of it all this time or those who had no interest initially?

Will we be judged and stigmatized for watching from the very start again, and be insulted that we gave into FOMO?

I AM SO SORRY. This is by far my biggest regret. Is it already too late for me to atone for my horrible words and that I didn't bring myself fully to go back?

*sigh* I'm very sure this will be my last kind of topic, as you already have grown familiar with, since now that's it's all ended, there's no sort of perceived injustice for me to protest against. I won't rant about this stuff anymore.

Edited by PCutter

A lot of TV shows I watch have already stopped being made (and a few ended while I was watching them), so I do not see a problem that MLP ends. It is always possible to watch the old episodes again, also, I really like the MLP fanfiction, so I'll continue reading it. And maybe G5 will be just as interesting or even better.

Then again, MLP is not my whole life, I have other hobbies and watch some other TV shows. I really like the show, it's one of my favorites and I am sad that it ends, but there are other things to do even without watching.

• Brohoof 2

Eh, you can still watch the show and interact with the fanbase. I mean there is no fun in being negative all the time. The series is over, but it will still live on even going back to watching the series. I mean you can enjoy anything during the mean time. Gen 5 could turn out better than Gen 4.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, PCutter said:

I already feel like I have no sense of purpose, apart from me forcing myself to do personal business work. Like there's nothing left to enjoy anymore.

Is there someone you can talk to in your real life? This seems to be troubling you far more than it should be. Think of it this way. It's only 22 minutes a week. I'm sure you can find something else to enjoy in the time frame. 

• Brohoof 2

I can't wait for G5. As long the fandom still active......I'm still good. Me and my brother are still writing PWF: Attitude is Magic crossover story. A lot of my favorite shows ended years ago but I past that. There are other good tv shows.

Edited by Cl0udChaser
  • Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, PCutter said:

So the show finally ends. But frankly, I'm already a little dead inside. I considered pony to be one of those extremely rare jewels where everything was not so pessimistic anymore. I was happy, if only for a while. Now that it ends, I already feel like I have no sense of purpose, apart from me forcing myself to do personal business work. Like there's nothing left to enjoy anymore.

Have you talked to someone IRL about you feel?

A lot of people thought the fandom would end during the first hiatus, after the first season. Or at other occasions as well...

But we are still there! As long as there are fans, the fandom will survive.

There is still the comics, the fanfics, fan animations, music...

The official comics will have a 'season 10' and continue the story right where season 9 left off.

Maybe we will get another movie even!

And there is also the English version of the Christmas Equestria Girls special that isn't out yet (if you follow the spin off).

And there is still gen 5. It could be really good.

It dosen't have to end.

(edited)

@Tropical Watermelon@cuteycindyhoney@Prince Doopliss

I already have a business going where I admit we're doing well. But even with that financial success, I still feel like I never belonged in the social realm. I screwed up one too many times by lashing out at others whose words I never agreed with. I gave into my emotional outbursts, and now look at what it's cost me.

I can play all my PC games all I want, and read all the novels I want but even those are only temporary pleasure. The show for me symbolized me wanting go out and do socialize, to fill that void but all I ever did was revert back to my hostile, anti-social self. This is my biggest regret. I feel so empty.

Now I know what it's like to live an unsocial life defined by guilt and regret. That's all I have now and MLP will never come back to me. I will only have incomplete happy memories of it. By incomplete, I mean never having watched the remaining seasons.

Edited by PCutter

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Ittoni said:

we can stay here. right?

I wouldn't like to just dismiss it. It's now part of us :adorkable:

For me, I just don't know anymore. I guess I'm still angry at others and myself. I wasn't wired to socialize and I thought this show would be my way out. Now I let my dark side take over me, and wanted to outright stop watching the show and all other material because of opinions that I violently hated, or people I never wanted to speak to.

I guess ultimately, I'm the devil. I deserve to be treated like one.

Edited by PCutter

1 minute ago, PCutter said:

For me, I just don't know anymore. I guess I'm still angry at others and myself. I wasn't wired to socialize and I thought this show would be my way out. Now I let my dark side take over me, and never wanted to watch the show because of opinions that I violently hated.

I guess ultimately, I'm the devil.

maybe you can find another forum. i heard reddit is not that bad for people that hate themselves.  ugh... i'm sorry, i'm kind of an asshole sometimes.

it doesn't really have to be that way. i mean, there's g5 and if not then there's not really reason to end your like for ponies. why would you do that? no one is pressuring you. and if they do, then fuck them.

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Ittoni said:

maybe you can find another forum. i heard reddit is not that bad for people that hate themselves.  ugh... i'm sorry, i'm kind of an asshole sometimes.

it doesn't really have to be that way. i mean, there's g5 and if not then there's not really reason to end your like for ponies. why would you do that? no one is pressuring you. and if they do, then fuck them.

Reddit's too dark for me.

And you're right. Maybe no one's pressuring me. I made myself think everyone is as a means of self-punishment not sticking to the show that I loved because I was too weak to stand up for myself. And that I want to love pony again. If it's too late, then I guess that's the end. I was never deserving of friendship is magic.

Edited by PCutter
  • Brohoof 1

@PCutter

I understand what you mean. I, myself, is not a very social person myself. I mean I'm afraid to express how I feel about things. Just find ways to keep yourself happy and don't let your emotions get to you. Easy thing to do, no, but again it can be done. Just because you feel down because something is over is no need to try and find happiness another way. 

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Prince Doopliss said:

@PCutter

I understand what you mean. I, myself, is not a very social person myself. I mean I'm afraid to express how I feel about things. Just find ways to keep yourself happy and don't let your emotions get to you. Easy thing to do, no, but again it can be done. Just because you feel down because something is over is no need to try and find happiness another way. 

If people choose to go back to rewatching it all again, will they be stigmatized because of their FOMO?

Have people who never heard of the show really missed out?

Edited by PCutter

I’m not sure what’s next for me. not MLP, but FIM has been very special to me, helping me through some dark times of mine. Thankfully I’ve left them with the show still running, but it’s like part of my soul is gone. I can think of a thing or two to do so in the meantime:

-keep watching and see what else is coming. There’s an EG series of Christmas shorts still coming

-comics are getting a S10 series, not to mention the second volume of the official manga, both next year

-after those, nothing else is coming, but it’s possible that a second special will be announced soon

-After FIM is officially over, I may give a try to G5, but if it’s not a stealth sequel (a stand alone story taking place in the same world), I’m won’t be so enthusiastic

-Afterwards, I will give a try to drawing, giving life to my OCs, with afterlife and ponyfying mythological horses into pony. Making a multi world and having a crossover or two. With vile villains, and comical ones in low times (I’m thinking koopas, I love those motherfuckers :mlp_icwudt:). I need some free time and money, but I’ll get there, and I WILL make them, even if I’m the last brony remaining :fluttershy:

I give G5 a try. If I find it as entertaining I'll watch. If not? I seem to be luckier than most. I have a wide range of other interests/things going on in my life. FIM is one of my all time favorite American animated series, but now that it's done, I can certainly find other things to watch.

The show is over but pony content isn't going to be going anywhere.

Even me, I'm working on a Final Fantasy 1 rom edit to have the MLP characters in. Right now it's not very far in, but I'm hoping to get it released at some point. I was inspired by the Pony Fantasy 6 game. Not to mention there's all theo ther fan games out there.

In fact, I saw a real funny image just now.

large.png

In particular all the words on the rails.

It's a good metaphor.

It's all the things people are doing.

Edited by Toastypk

• 2 weeks later...

There's still spinoff media to be enjoyed.  The new EQG Holiday Special is pretty good all things considered, and the comics are supposed to be running a "season 10" starting in April, and the mainline comics will continue up until then.  It's unknown if "season 10" will mark the end of the comics too, but it's assumed that those will be coming monthly and if there are 26 of them that will be another two years and two months of comics.  Sure, aside from the comics that have a monthly schedule, spinoff media has slowed to a trickle of what it used to be and there are a couple mini-series in the chapter books that will likely never get finished (as the chapter books seem to have ceased entirely), but apparently the manga will still keep going with its sporadic releases too.  There are also a few additional GNs left to release in the comics outside of the normal volumes so although I'm sure that's it for comics outside of the main line, that is something to look forward to.  All this is also assuming you haven't read absolutely everything released up to this point (in which case there's a plethora of spinoff media for you to check out), and also ignoring what are clearly children's books that do have upcoming releases as well.  

Of course, even without all of the above and just going off of the show, FiM fans are really lucky and you're fortunate if you've never been part of a fandom that has had to work with a lot less.  Fandoms can and do continue well after the works they're based on have ended...but they tend to be the internet equivalent of ghost towns where there is only the occasional post.  That said, sometimes fandoms have only one season of 26 episodes or even less than that to work with and it's remarkable how well they're able to carry on.  What I'm saying is...count your blessings and also don't despair as I'm sure this fandom will carry on in some capacity regardless even if it's not the size it was before.  

Moreover, it sounds like Bronies are being taken into account with G5 which I'm hoping won't suck, and in the interim there's that supposed CG movie in the pipeline with no release date.  There's also one planned for 2021 that may or may not be the same film pushed back, but we'll see.  

To my surprise, this forum is a little more active now than just before the series finale :huh:. There’s that at least, but I wanna learn how to draw and make my own pastel horse art