Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will happen to the fandom after S9?

Azure Acrylic

So, I've been wondering, what's gonna happen to the brony community after S9? Will it slowly collapse over time? Or will it keep on being relevant on the internet for decades to come? I really hope its gonna live on. What do you guys think? I mean, a couple plushie makers have stopped making plushies now, and some animators, such as the one which created Snowdrop, has since stopped being active in the fandom. Soooo, tell me.

The fandom will never really fade away. Plenty of people are still sticking around, even after the show has ended. I see fanwork being created all the time and while the community may not be as popular as before, I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with Cash In, the fandom will never fade away. it might go through some ups and downs but it will definitely remain alive. There are plenty of fandoms which had series ending years ago and still are going strong.

Edited by JH24

The OFF fandom is still alive after 10 years and it's only like a 2 hour game made in rpg maker with no sequels (although it's a very good game). I think if that can still survive time we can too. No one says that we have to leave at any point, it's not like a party were everyone goes home once it ends, it's something that's become part of you and what you like to do, like a hobby. 

Even if G5 ends up being good or not, this particular part of the show will continue. I hope so because I just loved it and I want to still make things for it until I can't anymore.

• Brohoof 2

Not much. It’ll still exist and I’m sure people will leave but as said before it’s not going to totally fade away. At most it’ll just shrink in size some. People will lose interest yes but still that happens with every fandom honestly. People are going to be making content for this fandom for a long long time. Even once G5 starts G4’s fandom will still exist it’s just some people will be balancing between the two. 

12 hours ago, Rainbows2424 said:

So, I've been wondering, what's gonna happen to the brony community after S9? Will it slowly collapse over time? Or will it keep on being relevant on the internet for decades to come? I really hope its gonna live on. What do you guys think? I mean, a couple plushie makers have stopped making plushies now, and some animators, such as the one which created Snowdrop, has since stopped being active in the fandom. Soooo, tell me.

The animator that made Snowdrop?
You mean the same animators that made the "Fall of the Crystal Empire" animation too?
Iirc they actually stopped making animations in general due to YouTube being really iffy/problematic at the time.

I think I will stay in the fandom in general as long as I can since I just got into it a few months ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The brony fandom will slowly fade away. (It really started back in 2014).

I think it only was relevant on the internet back in the days when you found Rainbow Dash avatars on every forum.

All of this doesn't matter, really, since all people you knew or know will still be around, just hooked onto something new and exciting for the moment. (Unless you only liked them because they were bronies)

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

I mean, eventually interest will die down. I plan on giving G5 a shot when it comes out so I'm not too worried. We still have fan music being made by 4EverfreeBrony, L-Train, and WoodenToaster uploaded this year, even if it wasn't necessarily pony---he does a few other styles anyways.

The fandom will still be around. Fandoms don’t disappear simply because the show, game, etc. has come to an end. At the most, the fandom will decrease in size but fans will always be here.

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...