New Animated Series Promo? G5?

CinnamonSwirl

Just now, Splashee said:

I really didn't like the art style of the ponies, and found it insulting to Lauren Faust by doing such a change to a working design.

This art style however, looks a lot like the .MOV series, which could be a good thing, but then look at those backgrounds. I feel G3/G3.5 all over again! :sealed:

Fun fact: .MOV is what made me a brony. :laugh: I'll be honest, it doesn't look great, but not terrible, either. Just kinda... 

raw.png.e78a393d6e8a45ae85a2e1c665ade05c.png

But to its defense, Dan Vs. had an "eh" art style, but it was REALLY funny, and I honestly think that the LEAST important aspect of a cartoon/anime is the art style and animation, so I'm keeping an open mind. ;)

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, I’m a little worried about Pony Life. Everything here (eccentric, flat faces and overtly saccharine layout) screams a want to be like TTG. A one-dimensional style of humor without the balance between silly and straight man. Hopefully, I’m wrong.

At least it isn’t G5…yet.

Y'all are overreacting I could dig a new style as long as it's awesome and looks cute! Personally I think the same old style is getting a bit old and pones have the same exact body type at least most of em. Maybe make each pone more unique? 

I actually really like that style!

• Brohoof 1

Not sure what to expect yet... It seems to be more kid-oriented than FIM (sounds weird, I know :muffins:), which might mean a lot of things... Hearing "Good as Hell" on the trailer was a surprise, though, and a bit of a relief in a way too – maybe they won't be afraid of being a little edgy at times in spite of the target audience.

Hearing the FIM voice cast will be back gives me some faith in the show, at least. That, and seemingly keeping the G4 universe. Maybe it'll be good – I'll definitely give it a chance based on what I know so far.

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Is Pony Life a new show or a series of 30 second shorts? 

We don't know, at best(or worst) it will be a 10 minute long episodes. Its possible it will be another side show that is made of 2 minute shorts.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Out of all the potential G4.5 shows Hasbro could have done (A show focused on the Student Six, Power Ponies), they chose THIS?

I have to question their decision-making skills.

Its suppose to be cheap, just an excuse to create more toys and throw a chewing stick for fans before G5 aires. 

24 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Y'all are overreacting I could dig a new style as long as it's awesome and looks cute! Personally I think the same old style is getting a bit old and pones have the same exact body type at least most of em. Maybe make each pone more unique? 

I actually really like that style!

Whats bothering me is not only the art style(I can get used to it, I think) but also what was said in the presser. 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/11/hasbro-presser-reveals-new-show-title.html#more

Well here it is. A new show altogether that possibly links into the 2021 movie. 

" We hope fans of all ages will enjoy exploring a fun new side of friendship and all the new story magic MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE has to offer as we gear up for the launch of the all new MY LITTLE PONY movie from Paramount on September 24, 2021.”

Personally I'm still open to it, but was hoping for something new. 

18 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

Its suppose to be cheap, just an excuse to create more toys and throw a chewing stick for fans before G5 aires. 

Yes. If Hasbro makes $$$, then they chose correctly. The good quality show we had is the hard work of the creative people behind it ...but the bottom line is still profitability. It's a service after all.

Thanks Pirate Captain Obvious.

Eww. They're doing what they did to poor Thunder Cats and giving it the TTG treatment.  Sadly there's no emoji on this site that can properly express my disgust.

2 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Hmm what's this? Uh uh uhhhh

luke%20skywalker%20no.gif

*clenches fist* Search on YouTube you know it to be true 

Its seems more like G4.5 rather then G5, it was stated that G5 will premier with a movie in 2021 september, while this show will premier next year and from what we have seen so far, its possible that this series will be a bunch of 2-3 minute shorts, from the presser it sounds pretty limited too.

1 minute ago, Rushing cash said:

Its seems more like G4.5 rather then G5, it was stated that G5 will premier with a movie in 2021 september, while this show will premier next year and from what we have seen so far, its possible that this series will be a bunch of 2-3 minute shorts, from the presser it sounds pretty limited too.

The article on EQD shows that the show will be on discovery family along with shorts on YouTube. So they will be separate.

Also where did you get this from  "it was stated that G5 will premier with a movie in 2021 september?"

Also based off the article this will lead up to the new movie. I'm think this might be the series that was being worked for a while now. Yes 4.5, but still the new thing. 

I see there are three possibilities, this is a limited run show and the movie will be the beginning of G5, this is the new thing and the movie will be about this, or this show is limited run with the movie and then G5 is separate altogether. 

I'm not surprised at how this announcement has divided the fandom. Fortunately, I won't wade into that debate given how I prefer to remain neutral and look at things from different perspectives. I actually like what they're trying to do here. The art style is nice and it harkens back to the old days of animated slapstick comedy. Also, the voice cast have been brought back so there's some familiarity right there. The one thing people have to remember is that My Little Pony is targeted towards a young audience. I know G4 went beyond this by attracting fans of all ages, but the target audience was always Hasbro's main focus, and seeing Pony Life reiterates that. I'm giving this series a chance because it does deserve to shine even if the odds are already stacked against it.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

This is more than likely something similar to what g3.5 was. 

Yes, this has already been discussed in previous comments. However, only thing left to ponder is it just an intermission show before G5 or is this the new show that has been being worked on, as in the new series to replace G4. Seems to be linked to the movie. 

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

The article on EQD shows that the show will be on discovery family along with shorts on YouTube. So they will be separate.

Also where did you get this from  "it was stated that G5 will premier with a movie in 2021 september?"

Also based off the article this will lead up to the new movie. I'm think this might be the series that was being worked for a while now. Yes 4.5, but still the new thing. 

I see there are three possibilities, this is a limited run show and the movie will be the beginning of G5, this is the new thing and the movie will be about this, or this show is limited run with the movie and then G5 is separate altogether. 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/11/upcoming-pony-movie-scheduled-for.html

"We hope fans of all ages will enjoy exploring a fun new side of friendship and all the new story magic MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE has to offer as we gear up for the launch of the all new MY LITTLE PONY movie from Paramount on September 24, 2021.”  The way it was stated, to me seems more like this series is just a warm up to G5. Although, we don't really know anything official about G5 other then it aires on september 2021.

13 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/11/upcoming-pony-movie-scheduled-for.html

"We hope fans of all ages will enjoy exploring a fun new side of friendship and all the new story magic MY LITTLE PONY: PONY LIFE has to offer as we gear up for the launch of the all new MY LITTLE PONY movie from Paramount on September 24, 2021.”  The way it was stated, to me seems more like this series is just a warm up to G5. Although, we don't really know anything official about G5 other then it aires on september 2021.

I quoted the same thing line and I felt it aligned more with what I was saying. 

Also we don't know G5 airs in 2021. We know that the movie does however. We don't know that the movie is this new series or if it's G5.