Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if each Mane 6 led a season instead?

FlareGun45

MLP - but each season focuses on one specific member of the Mane 6 leading. Like, instead of just every season focusing on mostly Twilight, how about the rest of the friends get leading focuses within the MAIN story arcs too?

For example, we get one season for Pinkie, one for Rarity, one for AJ, etc. instead of having EACH season focus on Twilight. Twilight may be the protagonist, but it might work better each of the Mane 6 (plus Spike) had their seasons where they're the main focus, and Twilight (and the others) just heavily influences them to reach their victories. Instead of it always having Twilight be the one to solve every problem.

It makes the group seem more like they all revolve around Twilight, and that's not how a REAL friendship group works. They're supposed to all revolve around eachother.

EDIT: People seem to misunderstand the meaning of this post. I'm NOT talking about ALL 26 episodes having a Mane 6 lead! I'm saying the MAIN STORY ARC of the season would have one of the Mane 6 leading the arc, instead of it just being Twilight all the time!

Edited by FlareGun45
  • Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, JingLBabe said:

Only problem with that is if you dislike, or even simply find one of the Mane 6 less interesting, it's going to be a pretty dull season for you.

What if someone don't like Twilight? She's starring almost every season - and the rest of the Mane 6 would just have one!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, FlareGun45 said:

What if someone don't like Twilight? She's starring almost every season - and the rest of the Mane 6 would just have one!

You could definitely argue that the Remane 5 deserved more episodes each, but there were plenty of episodes where Twilight had nothing to do with the conflict. Much better to switch around the lead than focus a whole season on one with no breaks.

• Brohoof 1

They'd never put all of the effort into giving all of them equal love, especially under certain leads among the staff especially when they kept rotating story editors. They all have their favorites, and the last few seasons and the leaks especially made it obvious who they'd rather spend their time and energy on, while other characters were neglected or in some cases outright sabotaged. I dread to even think how a Haber-led season focusing on RD would have went given the shit he actually had happen to her

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

I can see this would work for like, 5 episodes. Not a full season though.

When I started watching FIM, I really wanted the CMCs for every episode (after they were introduced). I would have loved to see a full season of just them trying to reach their goals, but then it would be the 3 of them, not just one.

Following just one pony for a longer time, might not be a working solution. I mean, we didn't even do that for Twilight. She just got wings because.... Yea.

• Brohoof 1

The show was originally only slated for three seasons before they made it all the way up to nine. 3 and 9 may both be multiples of 3, but 6 does not go into 3 and 9 in a way that would be convenient for any show production team. Twenty-six episodes for each character, or God forbid thirteen, would have quickly grown redundant. Kids would have also quickly gotten bored possibly waiting years for their favorite character to get the spotlight. An idea like this would work much better with each season subtly themed around a specific character.  

I'm completely fine with what we got. Also, I think it would have been less interesting if each mane six led a season, as I would have to wait an entire season just to see another mane six member be the main focus.

A full season is overkill, but definitely at least an arc or 5 episodes minimum

That being said I would force fabulousity onto DHX so that I can get my Rarity only season :pout:

Yeah, sure, it would have been nice to see the rest of the mane six be the focal point of the premieres and finales, which might have given Twilight more regular slice-of-life episodes, specifically in seasons 3 and 4. For a while I sort of viewed the premieres and finales as simply being "the Twilight episodes," especially since I only really cared about seasonal story arcs in the last two seasons. Honestly though, I think in seasons 7 and 8 the show did a good job of splitting the focus across everyone, which I think is more sophisticated than focusing on one character. That's how most shows do it.